Week 9 Non Champ Champ games

Geebrr

12 hours ago, Booch said:

Cgy scares me more in the fact they have solid coaching...better all around talent and depth...and are relatively disciplined and a lot of the guys have been there before...BLM doesn't scare me and he won't be reason they beat us..

Riders I truly think are done..and if Elks beat em next week...they really gonna be scrambling 

Can you really see the Eks beating the Riders? I can't. I know the Rider hatred here is strong (myself included) but let's be realistic. The Riders are a better team than the Elks. Their offense is superior. Fajardo is a better qb than Cornelius. Defensively they're better especially at linebacker. I think the Riders are better on specials all around. Coaching is a wash. I'd not want either HC's here in Winnipeg. I'd be happy if the Elks did knock off the Riders though but I don't see it happening. 

BTW, did you see Big Money Lawler basically check himself out of the game on Saturday night? Looked totally disinterested. Late in the game he was sitting on the Elks bench shaking his head. I'm sure the game day cheque he got afterwards made him feel so much better.

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

BTW, did you see Big Money Lawler basically check himself out of the game on Saturday night? Looked totally disinterested. Late in the game he was sitting on the Elks bench shaking his head. I'm sure the game day cheque he got afterwards made him feel so much better.

I wonder if he had a crystal ball would he still make the same move....???Probably. I would say ,cuz he still gets playoff money languishing with that cellar dweller.....I notice he's a little more tentative since we played them last and he took a couple of heavy shots from our D.....hey, but the money's good

29 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Lawler chose money over stability - and winning, apparently.

Hard to feel sympathy for him, though. He made his decision.

I feel nothing 

I don’t dislike him and I would take him back here any time. 

Like you said, he made a business decision and that’s fine. 

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

I wonder if he had a crystal ball would he still make the same move....???Probably. I would say ,cuz he still gets playoff money languishing with that cellar dweller.....I notice he's a little more tentative since we played them last and he took a couple of heavy shots from our D.....hey, but the money's good

You can't blame ANY non-QB CFL player for taking a 300k payday. Its not like he left us for a similar offer. We were probably 70-80k less on any offer to him.

Edited by GCn20

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

We were 125k apart 

There you go, we weren't even in the ballpark. Sometimes another team just blows it's brains out with an offer you would be stupid to match.

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Basically got Schoen and Ellignson for half of Adams and Lawler

Yep....and didn't miss a beat. Great roster management and constraint.

17 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Edmonton was braindead giving Lawler that much. That 300K could have been spent elsewhere to bolster that putrid roster.

Lawler is once again having a great season. That being said, I don't believe ANY receiver is worth more than 200k let alone 300k. Just my opinion but I don't think anyone could argue that the 3 -200k+ receivers in this league are all playing below their paygrade and I am not sure they could play up to it. Each one is a terrible contract at this point.

Edited by GCn20

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I’m sure it did and good for him. 

Edited by Rod Black

3 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Lawler is likely not going to get re-signed anywhere near his current contract.

He will almost certainly get multiple offers from teams across the league in free agency next year.   Taking the money this year won't hurt his stock next year

Agreed. I can even see him coming back here. We'd probably be offering somewhere in the 175K-200K range. Im sure we'd get outbid by some other teams but maybe he's keen to come back.

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Agreed. I can even see him coming back here. We'd probably be offering somewhere in the 175K-200K range. Im sure we'd get outbid by some other teams but maybe he's keen to come back.

Yeh - We'll be in the hunt too if Schoen gets a NFL look.

I bet if the money is reasonably  similar (i.e. within 25-50K) he comes back here... probably misses the feeling of being on a winning squad.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

300k for a receiver is just stupid.  You can sign productive guys for way less.

You build your team from a number of key positions out. Wide receiver isn't one of them Dumb move by a dumb GM & Head Coach in Edmonton. He's got a ton of money tied up in Lawler & Walker & he has holes everywhere. Holes that money could used elsewhere to have filled & improved the Elks. 

3 hours ago, Rod Black said:

I’m sure it did and good for him. 

Both Derell Walker & Lawler looks like they have checked out. I don't think I've seen two more unhappier receivers. 

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Can you really see the Eks beating the Riders? I can't. I know the Rider hatred here is strong (myself included) but let's be realistic. The Riders are a better team than the Elks. Their offense is superior. Fajardo is a better qb than Cornelius. Defensively they're better especially at linebacker. I think the Riders are better on specials all around. Coaching is a wash. I'd not want either HC's here in Winnipeg. I'd be happy if the Elks did knock off the Riders though but I don't see it happening. 

actually..I kind of can...I don't think their offence is superior, personnel wise...Elks are disjointed right now and CJ has give them no consistency...The Sask

has a good LB core, but other than that now....thats all they have...with injuries and suspensions their d-line is suspect, and the back end is mid to low tier...I just think Goofy Jones will outscheme them, and Mass and Dickieson are so clueless they wont have an answer...

7 hours ago, Stickem said:

yeah...seems to have had some of the life knocked outta him...with the difference in what we were offering in salary closed by likely play-off money being shy around 40k may have been not so bad

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Both Derell Walker & Lawler looks like they have checked out. I don't think I've seen two more unhappier receivers. 

Imagine what would have happened if Lawler was happy. Were there players that were happy? Fans?. Your pissed off at Lawler, aren’t you. 

Edited by Rod Black

2 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Imagine what would have happened if Lawler was happy. Were there players that were happy? Fans?. Your pissed off at Lawler, aren’t you. 

Somewhat. I understand why Lawler left. Dollah, dollah, dollah. It's a business.. He's an Elk now so I really don't care about the guy. I'm sure Chris Jones sold Lawler a bill of goods as to how great life as an Elk would be like with him as HC. Now he's finding out that it sucks being an Elk. Oh well. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Somewhat. I understand why Lawler left. Dollah, dollah, dollah. He's an Elk now so I really don't care about the guy. I'm sure Chris Jones sold both Derrel Walker & Lawler a bill of goods as to what life as an Elk would be like with him as HC. It sucks without a competent qb. Now they're both finding that out. . 

You can be pissed off at him all you want, it’s up to you. Him making a decision about himself, is no slight against me or any other bomber fan, it’s not personal.