Week 9 Non Champ Champ games

Geebrr

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

BC's already won more games this year than they did last year & they've looked great doing it. We'll know more about how good they are next week when they play Calgary. I'm looking forward to that game.

Why is it that in your eyes you can find any excuse to diminish the Bombers yet you never expect other teams, like BC to live up to those same standards? 

BC is a good team...not a great team...they feast on the also rans and the idiots (Jones' plan in EDM)

Rourke is got the tools ..but if a good game plan is applied to him...like we did...he's just a QB...he got some lucky big plays...but replay that again and I bet all 3 may be incomplete...they don't scare me ...CGY does....

I get all the hype...CDN QB has media all haha and horny and he has put up decent numbers but their sched and the Teams they have played has been very favourable to them...let's see what they do on the road..in bad cold weather games come Oct and nov

Calgary is a much bigger threat to winnipeg than BC is. He'll I'd even go so far as to say the riders have a better chance of knocking off the Bombers than the lions do. I know bc and Rourke are putting up some fancy stats but nothing that team does scares me as a Bomber fan. At least the riders defence and special  teams might be able to generate enough for them to fluke one out

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Calgary is a much bigger threat to winnipeg than BC is. He'll I'd even go so far as to say the riders have a better chance of knocking off the Bombers than the lions do. I know bc and Rourke are putting up some fancy stats but nothing that team does scares me as a Bomber fan. At least the riders defence and special  teams might be able to generate enough for them to fluke one out

Calgary’s offense is looking pretty awful.  They really need to start relying on the ground game more but they sure don’t have a back that can take more than about 12-15 carries in a game before he’s injured.

I’d like to see the Bombers challenge BLM to go downfield more the next time we play them.  Could be a laugher like the 19 WSF if they do.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Why is it that in your eyes you can find any excuse to diminish the Bombers yet you never expect other teams, like BC to live up to those same standards? 

Why in your eyes do you think I either diminished the Bombers or expected other teams not to live up to our standards?

I Don't get the Calgary respect.

Looked pretty ordinary last game, lots of dirt balls thrown, and passes dropped.

Bo is not back....62.4 rating.

213 133 62.4 1655 7.8 7 3.3 4 1.9       89.6

Brought their best game against banged up Bombers, lost.  hung in there for w while, then, toasted.

also... huffnagle on the sideline... with headphones, seemed like a dink move.

Edited by Mark F

21 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Why in your eyes do you think I either diminished the Bombers or expected other teams not to live up to our standards?

Forgot how before the Bombers and lions game you basically said the Bombers had to prove it and zip about the lions? Now you're here hanging off the lions Nuts again because they put up video game stats against the Lks. We all know if that had been the Bombers you'd poopah it as just against a bad team. 

Bc has had a soft schedule to start and yes they are making highlight reels but I seriously don't fear that team. The teams that have the most success against winnipeg are the ones that can grind it out.  Calgary has problems but they are the closest to being able to do that. 

25 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I Don't get the Calgary respect.

Looked pretty ordinary last game, lots of dirt balls thrown, and passes dropped.

Bo is not back....62.4 rating.

213 133 62.4 1655 7.8 7 3.3 4 1.9       89.6

Brought their best game against banged up Bombers, lost.  hung in there for w while, then, toasted.

also... huffnagle on the sideline... with headphones, seemed like a dink move.

Is Huffnagel not allowed on the sidelines?  I don't get that comment.   Calgary is still a threat.  I wouldn't take them lightly.  We got lucky in 2019 in some respects because their receivers were all playing hurt and were dropping everything.  They've diminished since then for sure, but they can still put up a heck of a fight, and in the playoffs that all you need, is a chance.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Forgot how before the Bombers and lions game you basically said the Bombers had to prove it and zip about the lions? Now you're here hanging off the lions Nuts again because they put up video game stats against the Lks. We all know if that had been the Bombers you'd poopah it as just against a bad team.

Bc has had a soft schedule to start and yes they are making highlight reels but I seriously don't fear that team. The teams that have the most success against winnipeg are the ones that can grind it out.  Calgary has problems but they are the closest to being able to do that. 

I see. You're not whining about my post so much as whining about something I typed before the BC game weeks ago. No wonder I didn't understand what it was you are whining about.

You're right, BC has an easy schedule so far, that's why I said we find out how good they are next week when they play Calgary. That game shows us who the 2nd best team in the league is. Two good teams battling are the best games in my opinion, so that's why I'm looking forward to it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Bombers.

BC and Calgary battling for best of the rest is very fair.  Bombers walloped BC, on the road and on a short week.

Then they went on to win two exciting and heavily contested matches vs Calgary where the Stamps had a bye week in between.

Can Calgary’s D contain the BC offense?  Can Calgary’s O be aggressive and effective after a stagnant performance against Ottawa?

Also looking forward to that game.

Edited by BigBlueFanatic
Using my words

Cgy scares me more in the fact they have solid coaching...better all around talent and depth...and are relatively disciplined and a lot of the guys have been there before...BLM doesn't scare me and he won't be reason they beat us..

Riders I truly think are done..and if Elks beat em next week...they really gonna be scrambling 

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Bc has looked great at times and average at others. I'm interested to see how Rourke plays outdoors and/or in bad weather.

And against us again....and lesser extent CGY...even though afew games this yr we didn't seem dominant...a few times bordered on what could be considered lucky ..but is it just a fact that again like last yr ..we are just that much better than everyone else...based on how we took BC behind woodshed...and our overall record?

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I see. You're not whining about my post so much as whining about something I typed before the BC game weeks ago. No wonder I didn't understand what it was you are whining about.

You're right, BC has an easy schedule so far, that's why I said we find out how good they are next week when they play Calgary. That game shows us who the 2nd best team in the league is. Two good teams battling are the best games in my opinion, so that's why I'm looking forward to it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Bombers.

Looked great doing it, coupled with past statements,  yeah you're still gushing about the lions completely ignoring their warts. 

6 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

I could see him and his salary being released this offseason. Would be a very Chris Jones move 

i could see it this season. Why pay a wide receiver $325,000 a season if you only win 2 or 3 games & there are other holes fo fill??? This is the reason why you don't build your team around a wide receiver. 

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The fact that Winnipeg walked into their barn on short week and thumped them should have pumped the brakes on the BC is super Duper awesome narrative. 

We beat them at home & we win the West & host the Western Final. 

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Bc has looked great at times and average at others. I'm interested to see how Rourke plays outdoors and/or in bad weather.

Good Canadian kid, goes in the corners, tough kid who isn't afraid of standing in front of the net and taking the hits to get the deflection on the shot from the point, he should be able to handle the cold Canadian climate just fine....now if he was a Swede or some European kid, totally different story...

8 hours ago, Booch said:

BC is a good team...not a great team...they feast on the also rans and the idiots (Jones' plan in EDM)

Rourke is got the tools ..but if a good game plan is applied to him...like we did...he's just a QB...he got some lucky big plays...but replay that again and I bet all 3 may be incomplete...they don't scare me ...CGY does....

I get all the hype...CDN QB has media all haha and horny and he has put up decent numbers but their sched and the Teams they have played has been very favourable to them...let's see what they do on the road..in bad cold weather games come Oct and nov

BC relies heavily on the big explosion pass plays,take those away and BC comes down to earth real fast.