3 stars plus honk honk honk

wbbfan

For argument: Was it Woogie's best game of the year, or just the game he was targeted the most, and therefore ended up with more noticeable plays/stats? I feel like, game in and game out, he's very consistent, but is used so often as a decoy and a blocker. Tonight his number was called more often and he rewarded Buck/ZC8 for it. 

Also, I don't like this idea that it's a surprise Leggs is having a great year. He was an inconsistent rookie last year, sure, but he kicked like 93% in college and holds CIS records. I'm not the least bit surprised he's back to normal.... 

1. Woli - has been consistently reliable all season, great to see him jump off the stats page too. On pace for close to his best season.

2. Brady - seems to have turned the corner is running angry.

3. Rose/Houston - corners on lock down 

HH - Grant - game finishing return TD, but earlier than that had 3 tackles on the first two INTs and the fumble. Only chance the Als had to win to was to take those to the house.

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

For argument: Was it Woogie's best game of the year, or just the game he was targeted the most, and therefore ended up with more noticeable plays/stats? I feel like, game in and game out, he's very consistent, but is used so often as a decoy and a blocker. Tonight his number was called more often and he rewarded Buck/ZC8 for it. 

Also, I don't like this idea that it's a surprise Leggs is having a great year. He was an inconsistent rookie last year, sure, but he kicked like 93% in college and holds CIS records. I'm not the least bit surprised he's back to normal.... 

Truth 

10 hours ago, do or die said:

1.  Olivera
The more direct and physical approach has elevated his game.   Great production, using his blockers and barging through holes.  Gives the O, the needed balance out there

2. Wolitarsky
Has come up with some key catches the last number of weeks. 

3.  Rose
Was dumping on him a bit earlier......but positioning wise, looked a lot like the ole Rose.

Honk.
Rutledge
This dude has great range and looks like a vet out there.   Good find.

Honk
Houston
Getting tested big time and passing most of them

Honk
Grant.  His punt return TD broke the Als backs.    Interesting to see if we can refine him on O

Agreed on Houston. dude should have at least 5 picks by now.

Something I was thinking when watching the game… does Woli drop anything? Like ever?… the guy has some of the best hands in the league… put it near him and he’ll catch it… just need to start giving him the ball more often… not to mention everything he does in the run and blocking game… just an absolute under-the-radar stud 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Something I was thinking when watching the game… does Woli drop anything? Like ever?… the guy has some of the best hands in the league… put it near him and he’ll catch it… just need to start giving him the ball more often… not to mention everything he does in the run and blocking game… just an absolute under-the-radar stud 

Seen him drop passes plenty.... just it's when the db has a play on the ball and he's knocking it away. Which is a good thing. Guy doesn't volley passes up, either he's getting it or no one is.

did anyone catch the real crucial block that Woli threw on the Bailey TD?  Montreal blitzed their halfback and he was headed at Collaros untouched at full sprint -- Woli, who is  on the other side of the formation, books it across the line to get there just in time to steer the HB away. If ZC is one-on-one with the blitzing halfback that's probably not a touchdown.

meanwhile ZC is completely undistracted by all this.  He does a little matador step away, emerges untouched from the potential pileup, and spies Bailey for 7. Just a real great team play.  I can't believe how good at football the Bombers are.

Edited by johnzo

48 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I don’t know about that, but the Dalai Lama likes them

63d8281232f7fc8bd62fc98b204b9761--canadi

So I got that going for me, which is nice. 

He was passing through Wpg. and someone had the great idea of jumping on the plane and getting the Dalai to autograph the rock and the helmet....We certainly carry this guys good wishes

Edited by Stickem