3 stars plus honk honk honk

wbbfan

1 Brady train 127 yards on 18 touches and a td

2 woli and schoen soo many big catches 

3 grant huge td return plus a few solid returns and a couple really good run/screens  plus 3 tackles 

hh the biggie pick 

honorable mention to legs who had a tremendous game punting and in kick offs houston and walker had great games too. 

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

HH to the horn guy for keeping Smith and Ford awake in the booth after the Bombers ran away with it.

I dunno my man, methinks Forde may have been horizontal for about a good 15 minutes in the 4th quarter there. 😂

Either that or he was in line buying a helmet poutine... Jk Duane we love you!

1) Linebackers and Defensive Secondary - Rose and Rutledge had themselves a game tonight, and everyone else did just enough to thwart the Alouettes game plan, which was run, run, run (as Harris is just not a good enough passer). Houston and Taylor got beat on a couple of plays yes, but honestly, they were right on their man and in great position, and the receivers just made great plays. Nothing wrong with that, and I'll take it 10 times out of 10. Hallett... um... uh... help?

2) Wolitarsky and Bailey - again some very timely catches that bailed out the offense time and time again. The OL was having a hard time tonight (probably due to the heat), which was messing up our route timing and often giving Zach little to work with what with all of the blitzing.

3) Oliveira - gotta hand it to him, he was great tonight. Still is running up the gut most plays, however he's learning about that slight hesitation that is required for the blocks to set up before making his burst, which is helping. I also saw a couple of plays where the block wasn't there and he went off tackle for more yards - more of that please! Just needs to work in some elusiveness (*cough*spins*cough*) and he could be great! If he can do this again next game I'm willing to say he may have turned the corner!

HH - Grant - Amazing punt return, and had some flashes on the offence, however it's clear that he needs a ton of practice if they're going to use him regularly as a back or receiver, as some of those routes were just, yikes. Blocking is also a little bit suspect at the moment. He is a gifted man though and those things are teachable, so I'm not going to hold it against him. I don't know if anyone else caught it but on one of his sweeps Jones tackled him by the hair and ripped out one of his dreads. That must have really f'n hurt.

Honorable mentions: Liegghio had another great night - keep it up! Collaros had an off night by his standards, but it was more the OL that was struggling, so I don't blame him - wouldn't have won the game without him willing us to win. Again.

Edited by Potential

1. Dalton Schoen. Picks up the slack for the absence of Ellingson. They can talk all they want about Gino Lewis but he's the best receiver in the CFL right now.

2. Brady Oliveira. some timely runs when we needed them. He's starting to round into form. In another 5-6 weeks, the weather will start to get cooler & we'll need our run game to be strong.

3. Winston Rose. Best game so far this season. Now he looks like the player we all remember.

HH. Janarion Grant & Nick Hallett (tie). Grant is so dangerous on kick returns as the Als found out. Was it 31 yards he picked up on that screen pass where he blew thru the Als defense late in the 4th qtr? Like the Als defenders were standing still. I never heard Nick Hallet's name much tonight which means he was doing something right as a safety. He doessn't look out of place back there. I thought he deserved a mention. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, Potential said:

I dunno my man, methinks Forde may have been horizontal for about a good 15 minutes in the 4th quarter there. 😂

Either that or he was in line buying a helmet poutine... Jk Duane we love you!

I spoke to Smith and Forde after the game and they were soaked in their suits. The temp was in the high 20s but the humidity was through the roof. Forde said it was stifling in the booth. 

1.  Olivera
The more direct and physical approach has elevated his game.   Great production, using his blockers and barging through holes.  Gives the O, the needed balance out there

2. Wolitarsky
Has come up with some key catches the last number of weeks. 

3.  Rose
Was dumping on him a bit earlier......but positioning wise, looked a lot like the ole Rose.

Honk.
Rutledge
This dude has great range and looks like a vet out there.   Good find.

Honk
Houston
Getting tested big time and passing most of them

Honk
Grant.  His punt return TD broke the Als backs.    Interesting to see if we can refine him on O

1)Woli....best game as a Bomber? Close to it for sure.

2) Brady....keeps improving!! Let's keep giving him the bal!!

3) Legs...unreal punts! Just absolutely perfect!

HH - Rose....it was still a solid effort and he made the plays when he had to. He continues to get picked on by qbs but hasn't been a huge liability out there.

1. Brady O: Great job pounding the rock and catching too. Would have liked to see more touches for him in the first half when ZC was struggling.

2. Grant: Parting of the sea on his punt return tuddy and a couple nice plays on offence too.

3. Leggs: Aside from Parades, has there been a better kicker (especially given Leggs does all three jobs) than Leggs this year?

HH. Brandon Zylst...ahem...Dalton Schoen. Just an absolute gem found by Danny Mac at KC Chiefs training camp last year.