Week 9 - The Champs at The Larks - GDT

JCon

11 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Think someone was right by their crowd mic with a mechanical airhorn.  I've never heard that particular noise.  Wonder if team had something to do with it for the Whiteout promotion.  If so someone needs to tell them to check themselves.  

Yes there's always pumped in noise there and the stupid "MAKE SOME NOISE" thing they blast just before the 20 second clock starts.

Montreal has had that stupid horn (or horns) for years.  As someone else mentioned, they even showed them on the broadcast pumping a small bike pump into a horn.  I didn't think any mechanical noise was allowed by the CFL rule book, but I haven't gone to look it up... yet.

When they hired O'Shea, I was truly stoked. If the old adage of "a team usually takes on the personality of the coach", if this holds true- we are going to fine. I had envisioned exactly what seems to be happening now: Mentally tough AF, Been there done that attitude, laser focused on the task at hand and have an aura of inevitability.... 

25-1 last 26 games, back to back Grey Cup champs, never flinching in face of adversity and just playing ******* hard-nosed football.

Great time to be a Bomber fan... sweeter still if you lived through the heady years of the eighties and then had to suffer 3 freaking decades of futility (with some truly awful years: I'm looking at you Burke, Kelly and Reinebold).

Love this iteration of this team... 

5 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

When they hired O'Shea, I was truly stoked. If the old adage of "a team usually takes on the personality of the coach", if this holds true- we are going to fine. I had envisioned exactly what seems to be happening now: Mentally tough AF, Been there done that attitude, laser focused on the task at hand and have an aura of inevitability.... 

25-1 last 26 games, back to back Grey Cup champs, never flinching in face of adversity and just playing ******* hard-nosed football.

Great time to be a Bomber fan... sweeter still if you lived through the heady years of the eighties and then had to suffer 3 freaking decades of futility (with some truly awful years: I'm looking at you Burke, Kelly and Reinebold).

The team and fans have finally gotten to the level of expecting to win every single game instead of just hoping. Its a beautiful thing. Key players injured, short week, no rest, 3 time zones, every opposing teams A-game, no problem. Just keep chugging along!

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

It was probably discussed earlier in the thread, but it seemed odd that the Montreal int that was brought out to the 25 wasn't even discussed on the broadcast. It looked pretty clear to me he was down at the one.

His knee was down, but perhaps the ball had broke the plane and same rule for TDs apply to interceptions... that would be my guess. 

13 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I have been trying to figure out if they are still undefeated by Labour Day if its mathematically possible for them to clinch a play off game by beating the Riders.

Bobmers have 18 points. 

If Montreal wins out, they would end up with 24 points. 

If Hamilton wins out, they up with 26 points. 

So, we need 4 more wins (26 points), as of right now, to secure the crossover. 

Edited by JCon

Just now, JCon said:

Bobmers have 18 points. 

If the Montreal wins out, they would end up with 24 points. 

If Hamilton wins out, they up with 26 points. 

So, we need 4 more wins (26 points), as of right now, to secure the crossover. 

Plus if they lose a game or two that reduces that number so very will could get to 24 points by Labour Day so its plausable.

42 minutes ago, Sard said:

Montreal has had that stupid horn (or horns) for years.  As someone else mentioned, they even showed them on the broadcast pumping a small bike pump into a horn.  I didn't think any mechanical noise was allowed by the CFL rule book, but I haven't gone to look it up... yet.

Stern tweets there is a place to send a horn complaint. 

31 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I have been trying to figure out if they are still undefeated by Labour Day if its mathematically possible for them to clinch a play off game by beating the Riders.

Yes it’s possible. The worst record in the West in the past ten years had the 2015 Lions making the playoffs with a 7-11 record.

When we beat SK, and are still undefeated, we would have twelve wins, extrapolated to seasons end. Sk losses another game by labour day, plus LD, they would have as few as 6 losses extrapolated. We would be tied, in the worse case. Montreal, currently third place, already has 6 losses, in 8 games. 

Edited by Rod Black

25 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

It was probably discussed earlier in the thread, but it seemed odd that the Montreal int that was brought out to the 25 wasn't even discussed on the broadcast. It looked pretty clear to me he was down at the one.

Demski was definitely down at the one and Ford was talking about how it would have been a TD if he had secured it... clearly not, so I don't expect them to catch whether the defender was in or out of the endzone when he secured the catch and was down... I didn't look too closely, so won't comment on whether they made the right call on the spot.

24 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Ignoring the crossover possibilities, and if the Riders do not lose another game before they meet Winnipeg (meaning they beat Edmonton and put the Elks at 6 losses), AND if the Bombers are still undefeated by Labour Day, then the Sweep of Labour Day and the Banjo Bowl would give the Bombers 13 wins and the Riders 6 losses, so we would clinch a West playoff spot at that time. 

13 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I mean we had some really good teams in those 29 years including going to the Cup in 1992 and 1993 and had beat this piss out of Edmonton when Dunigan was playing. Unfortunately we had to start Garza in the Cup. We also were a crossbar from going back again in 1994. Yes the 1997-1999 years sucked pretty hard. 

2000 was a really fun year and we had a real shot of beating Montreal to go to the Cup again, then had one of the most dominant teams the league has ever seen and crapped the bed in the Cup (fair enough).

We had good teams 2000-2003. Bad teams 2004-2005. 2006 we were an entertaining team that have a vet TO team a good run in the semifinal. 2007 we had a very good team and likely beat the piss out of the gappers for the Cup, but had to start a raw rookie and still almost won.2008 was a disappointment losing in the ESF. 2009 -2010 was just unfun to be a fan. 

2011 was fun for half the year and we lost a close game in the Cup against BC at home. 

2012-2015 made me re-evaluate whether I wanted to be a fan anymore. 

2016 - present has ranged from enjoyable to euphoric including back to back Cups and being the most successful team in the league during that time. 

Outside a few truly horrible stretches it has been mostly fine to amazing. 

It isn’t like we are the Gappers who have the most pathetic franchise in sports history