ZC8

I'm not quite as old as some (turning 38) but I'm sure what Zach has done in only 2.5 seasons so far has to rank him damn near the top of all time Bomber great QBs. No QB in our history has gone on the run he has (major major part played by coaching/scouting) and not many QBs in CFL history has done what he has. Zach has turned into the just Medlock of qb,always confident something positive will happen when Zach is on the field. Were seeing history and I'm glad it'll be a story I can relay to CFL fans down the road of having witnessed it first hand.

55 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I'm not quite as old as some (turning 38) but I'm sure what Zach has done in only 2.5 seasons so far has to rank him damn near the top of all time Bomber great QBs. No QB in our history has gone on the run he has (major major part played by coaching/scouting) and not many QBs in CFL history has done what he has. Zach has turned into the just Medlock of qb,always confident something positive will happen when Zach is on the field. Were seeing history and I'm glad it'll be a story I can relay to CFL fans down the road of having witnessed it first hand.

Even if he retired tomorrow he's gotta be top 3. I mean Ploen is probably still #1 and Jack Jacobs probably #2 for many reasons even though he never won a cup. Other guys like Brock and Khari were great but what Collaros has done in 2+ years is freaking incredible.

49 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I remember when we first signed him there was lots and lots of skepticism, disbelief, worry and frustration thrown at management and ZC.

And here we are.

ZC is THE man of the CFL.

That thread is a wild ride. Hardly anyone in favor. Some very strong, very hilarious opinions.

One poster even used that opportunity to compare O’Shea to Trump

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

That thread is a wild ride. Hardly anyone in favor. Some very strong, very hilarious opinions.

I forgot how absolutely miserable and pessimistic people were before we won the Grey Cup in 2019. It was like having severe PTSD and not being able to see the good in anything, thanks for digging that beauty up.

I was absolutely certain that if he was even brushed by a falling feather, that he'd be toast. While he has been protected better than anywhere else in the league, he has occasionally taken some shots and proved to be durable so far (*TAPS FOREHEAD TO KNOCK ON WOOD*) 

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

In the last 2 big games Zach has played like someone put a bee in his bonnet, confirming why he is the CFL's highest paid player and the MOP.  As opposed to Reilly who faded and fizzled his last 2 years in BC, Zach is turning up the heat.

To be fair, Reilly had possibly the worst oline in the league as well,it was kinda sad seeing him go out the way he did.

Edited by Nolby

1 minute ago, Nolby said:

To be fair, Reilly had possibly the worst oline in the league as well,it was kinda sad seeing him go out the way he did.

Yet, what has changed on that OL to this year, where they seem like world beaters? 

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was absolutely certain that if he was even brushed by a falling feather, that he'd be toast. While he has been protected better than anywhere else in the league, he has occasionally taken some shots and proved to be durable so far (*TAPS FOREHEAD TO KNOCK ON WOOD*) 

Not having a 2020 season most likely saved his career, an entire year to get healthy was huge. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Yet, what has changed on that OL to this year, where they seem like world beaters? 

I can't remember who they had at one of their OT positions last year, but he was terrible. A QB like Reilly who goes deep so much, probably needs his OL to hold their blocks longer. 

Rourke can move around & I think he has a quicker release than Reilly. The rook makes the BC OL look better than it really is. And Rourke's 12 or 13 years younger. He wasn't a beat up qb like Reilly was. He was an old 35. Just like Fajardo is an old 30. 

Fajardo telling Rider Nation he's getting outta town & to buzz off. 

Old Man Yells at Cloud - Home | Facebook

Rourke was getting pressured badly early on,  his legs is what saved them and his quick decision making.    

Riders have a soft secondary so it is easy to beat them if you commit with your throws. 

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Rourke can move around & I think he has a quicker release than Reilly. The rook makes the BC OL look better than it really is. And Rourke's 12 or 13 years younger. He wasn't a beat up qb like Reilly was. He was an old 35. Just like Fajardo is an old 30. 

Fajardo telling Rider Nation he's getting outta town & to buzz off. 

Old Man Yells at Cloud - Home | Facebook

You using that pic just broke the irony meter...

irony.jpg?w=2000&h=

10 hours ago, Mike said:

The eye roll option gets created and the Collaros thread gets resurrected a week later. Coincidence? I think not! 

Now if you’ll excuse me I have about 30 pages of a two year old thread to add emojis to, lol. 

Prior to Collaros’ arrival I always thought the biggest thing holding us back from winning a championship was the QB (Mr. Game Manager Nichols’) play. I commented on it many times and was torn to shreds for it, which is funny to look back on now.

Collaros’ record speaks for itself. What an incredible acquisition that was.

I too am happy for Zach. His career would be over if he would’ve tried to come back with SSK and their offensive OLine. 

I don’t see it as a mistake that we traded him away because at the time Fajardo was on his way to a CFL all star and West MOP season. It was an easy decision to trade him to Toronto. 

Hindsight is 20/20 but I genuinely believe if he was still our QB he’d have at least two more concussions.

Shoutout to the doctors in Toronto who figured out whatever was going on with his neck.