Back 2 Back CHAMPS at Stamps GDT

Nolby

8 hours ago, GCJenks said:

My favourite was him pumping Carey, when it was Philpot that ran the ball “Oh, that was Philpot in for Carey that time, still good yardage on first down. “

How do you not get fired up watching Brady’s runs last night? He was trucking people and piles. The most physical running since guys like josh ranek and mike sellers played in the cfl. 

and yeah Carey is the best back right now. When healthy stanback is the best runner but Carey is more well rounded. Can’t miss picking between those two. 

I liked how philpot looked too. Fast and smooth. But the tsn haters were too busy sharpening their spears and pinning to write an obituary for the bombers to notice any thing else. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Agreed. I think it was even more recent, like 2016 or 2017 when he said that.

BLM is a HOFer but I don’t like him. On the field anyway. I think he is good on the panel.

Yup the Nichols turn around of 2016.  The Bombers rolled into McMahon on a 7 game heater and everything went wrong until late in the 3rd quarter.

Bo Levi started off his infamous quote almost sympathetically as he shrugged, “They’re a team that’s trying to find out who they are..” before smirking into the camera, “We’re going to continue showing them that”.

Kalil Bass fumble recovery sparked a furious comeback.  Took the lead but the 2016 soft-as-butter defense allowed a walk-off Paredes field goal to preserve Calgary’s superiority.

That game definitely cemented my dislike of Bo and D Dickenson.

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

How do you not get fired up watching Brady’s runs last night? He was trucking people and piles. The most physical running since guys like josh ranek and mike sellers played in the cfl. 

and yeah Carey is the best back right now. When healthy stanback is the best runner but Carey is more well rounded. Can’t miss picking between those two. 

I liked how philpot looked too. Fast and smooth. But the tsn haters were too busy sharpening their spears and pinning to write an obituary for the bombers to notice any thing else. 

"Smooth and fast" is a good description for Philpott- he seems to read blocking well.

2 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Yup the Nichols turn around of 2016.  The Bombers rolled into McMahon on a 7 game heater and everything went wrong until late in the 3rd quarter.

Bo Levi started off his infamous quote almost sympathetically as he shrugged, “They’re a team that’s trying to find out who they are..” before smirking into the camera, “We’re going to continue showing them that”.

Kalil Bass fumble recovery sparked a furious comeback.  Took the lead but the 2016 soft-as-butter defense allowed a walk-off Paredes field goal to preserve Calgary’s superiority.

That game definitely cemented my dislike of Bo and D Dickenson.

Yup, that’s what did it for me too! 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Well he has posted 4.4 forty times...so has speed...some goes tho have and keep that speed with ball in hand....a lot of guys cant

High 4.3 best time too. I think what people don’t get about him is that he isn’t like lucky whitehead running top gear every where. He conserves energy and uses the burst when he needs it. You see it a lot in his route running and when the ball is in the air. He just turns it on and pulls away from guys. They never see it coming. He’s as fast on the last snap as the first snap. The kid has polish like he’s got 20 nfl starts under his belt. Never seen a rookie soo smooth smart and well rounded. 

Love the conversation with zach on the side line too. You can tell despite his success he’s still focused and humble. Can’t say enough good things about that kid. 

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

"Smooth and fast" is a good description for Philpott- he seems to read blocking well.

Yeah he’s gonna be a good one given time and reps. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I think Matthews was courtesy of our old pal Sleepy Joe… going on memory so I’m sure I’ll immediately be corrected if I’m wrong

He was indeed. I'd forgotten about Matthews. So Schoen is definitely not the first REC recruit since Simon/AB3/etc.... 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

He was indeed. I'd forgotten about Matthews. So Schoen is definitely not the first REC recruit since Simon/AB3/etc.... 

Lawler may not have been recruited by the Bombers but they did give him 2 years to develop and grow, I think that qualifies in the "it doesn't really matter" category.

Let's not forget one of the best named Bomber receivers in their storied history - Craphonso Thorpe...

Craphonso's first name is derived from his father's two given names, Craig and Alphonso, and is pronounced roughly "Crah-fonzo".

Good thing that he wasn't named after his uncle, whose first two names were "Fuller Jack".

Edited by kelownabomberfan

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Chris Matthews is a couple tiers down from a guy like Schoen IMO.  Even a guy like Arland Bruce produced in the shadow of Stegall but Schoen is already the guy.

I'd pump the brakes just a bit on the claims for Schoen.    Dude is awesome but lets not claim that he's HOF material already. 

And, to the point of my original question, Arland Bruce, Geroy Simon and even Albert Johnson were INCREDIBLE talents....NFL-calibre talents.....which we've had a very difficult time finding over the last 20 years. I don't know yet if Schoen is comparable to those guys, but he sure seems well on his way. Matthews might be at the same level as those others I mentioned, but Denmark and Romby Bryant aren't, IMO....

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

And, to the point of my original question, Arland Bruce, Geroy Simon and even Albert Johnson were INCREDIBLE talents....NFL-calibre talents.....which we've had a very difficult time finding over the last 20 years. I don't know yet if Schoen is comparable to those guys, but he sure seems well on his way. Matthews might be at the same level as those others I mentioned, but Denmark and Romby Bryant aren't, IMO....

oddly enough, he's the only one to really make an impact in the NFL. A great Super bowl performance.