Week 8: Non Champ Games

4 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Oh yes smarter and more attractive but I would respectfully submit she competes with him on the irritating factor but it’s definitely fixable.

Oh I get that but man oh man it gets to the point of please just stop the pain.

Welcome to the CFL. Many moons ago Wendy's was a sponsor. We had to watch a commercial about a German exchange student named "Uder" about 50 times a game. Just something you have to tolerate. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

No one could ever forget - that their beef is never frozen.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Welcome to the CFL. Many moons ago Wendy's was a sponsor. We had to watch a commercial about a German exchange student named "Uder" about 50 times a game. Just something you have to tolerate. 

This is why those three seconds of blessed jean shorts to the bottom right of that Sleeman commercial don’t seem so bad…

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

9-9 is 100% going to be good enough to win the east this year… riders should end up with 8 or 9 wins and easily enough for the cross over… why is the east always so pathetic?

The east has  been effectively garbage my entire life, I can’t remember the last time there was 3 or 4 REALLY good teams from the east. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Dimes or quarters? The TV deal with TSN is way underfunded. Teams don't get enough money. If the games were on CTV or CBC they'd be double the numbers. 

If there was a potentially better deal out there, I have to believe that the CFL would have taken it. Since CTV owns TSN, that is not an option, which leaves CBC  which has been systematically dismantled over the past 20-30 years under Conservative regimes. We can bewail circumstances but they are what they are.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

If there was a potentially better deal out there, I have to believe that the CFL would have taken it. Since CTV owns TSN, that is not an option, which leaves CBC  which has been systematically dismantled over the past 20-30 years under Conservative regimes. We can bewail circumstances but they are what they are.

And if the league was THAT undervalued (50%) there would 100% be another offer on the table.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Yeah TSN is the sole bidder.

Not sure if any of the streaming/gambling upstarts will become an option but then you lose eyeballs if you move behind subscription.

Some leagues/teams are producing their own broadcasts and selling that back to broadcasters.  Might be an option for the CFL.

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

9-9 is 100% going to be good enough to win the east this year… riders should end up with 8 or 9 wins and easily enough for the cross over… why is the east always so pathetic?

At one point is was pathetic with Montreal regularly winning 11-15 games every season,made it miserable and pathetic.

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

I wouldn't be so quick to assume the Elks wont pass the Riders.....2 teams...trending opposite directions, and Jones is 10X the coach that Dickieboi is...and they have way more talent who play as a team

The game yesterday. Empty stadium, no atmosphere, lack of excitement, crappy HC in Toronto, overrated starting QB in MBT, snoozefest offense... It would be hard being an Argos fan... 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah TSN is the sole bidder.

Not sure if any of the streaming/gambling upstarts will become an option but then you lose eyeballs if you move behind subscription.

Some leagues/teams are producing their own broadcasts and selling that back to broadcasters.  Might be an option for the CFL.

Whose fault is that? Twenty years ago, the CFL told the other broadcast networks to shove it & got into bed with TSN. You reap what you sow. 

18 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

CBC also wanted to deemphasize sports and only started at Labour Day. They weren't a great partner either.

It would be nice to see other bidders or something developing with streaming but the media players are so few in Canada not sure what other options there are.

Sportsnet would be the only other real option that I'm aware of.  And they seem to hate the CFL and look down on it as 2nd class to the NFL (typical TO mentality).

4 hours ago, Sard said:

Sportsnet would be the only other real option that I'm aware of.  And they seem to hate the CFL and look down on it as 2nd class to the NFL (typical TO mentality).

That "T.O. mentality" seems to be spreading across Canada, there are even signs of it in Sask. now.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

That "T.O. mentality" seems to be spreading across Canada, there are even signs of it in Sask. now.

nah...thats just the bandwagon has no wheels...old crappy seats and is in the ditch...so they all jumping off to play sister/brother wives...cuzzin lovin and looking for dental care....the shiny toy has rusted there...and the fans stay away...always happens...

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

nah...thats just the bandwagon has no wheels...old crappy seats and is in the ditch...so they all jumping off to play sister/brother wives...cuzzin lovin and looking for dental care....the shiny toy has rusted there...and the fans stay away...always happens...

Also going to Lacrosse game. I have friends in SK and I can't believe how many people are going to lacrosse games and how strong that community is in the province. Instead of traveling to Regina for Criders games they are going anywhere else to watch lacrosse.

6 hours ago, Sard said:

Sportsnet is pure trash,they're lucky Rodgers bought NHL's rights otherwise that sports Network would be burried