Congrats to the GOAT! Harris breaks 10k yards

Geebrr

6 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

A simple concept, but apparently difficult for some. C'est la vie. 

No, just some people make excuses because they either don’t understand Harris is just flat out a better player, and or they are still crying about him leaving. 

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

It's hard to show anything when you're getting smacked as soon as you get the ball.

Harris seems to make it work wherever he has been.

Not a coincidence. 

Doubt anyone will argue that Harris isn't the better player. But the run game here is impacted by other factors as well. Both backs did more the previous season. 

Harris can enjoy his time in Toronto for all I care. He didn't like being asked to prove his fitness after a year where it let people down so be it. 

That’s fine. But some people wanted to see him fade off into oblivion because he hurt their feelings 

Unfortunately, he would easily be the best RB on our roster right now and I doubt our run game would look like the smoking trash heap we currently have if he was here. 

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

That’s fine. But some people wanted to see him fade off into oblivion because he hurt their feelings 

Unfortunately, he would easily be the best RB on our roster right now and I doubt our run game would look like the smoking trash heap we currently have if he was here. 

But it also might. Harris has been stopped in the run game at times as well. 

To me the run game is more of a systemic problem. It's really only there to keep teams honest because this is the collaros offense now.

6 hours ago, Geebrr said:

A few other things would not look the same either, though. His salary added must be subtracted elsewhere. Not as simple as “cut Oliviera and Augustine to accommodate him” given ratio requirements and his injury history with no back-up coverage. So maybe we lose Bighill to keep Harris, or can’t chase Ellingson in free agency. Like 17to85 said, lots of factors at play. Would love to have him here, but he’s gone, let’s re-work the system to suit our new backs instead of forcing them into his style of running (especially with a depleted o-line) and let the offence run more through Collaros than the ground game. Working well enough so far to get us to 7-0. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

But it also might. Harris has been stopped in the run game at times as well. 

To me the run game is more of a systemic problem. It's really only there to keep teams honest because this is the collaros offense now.

I don’t disagree that there are several things that are going contributing to the run game being less effective. But, I think it would be looking better with Harris back there. He does everything well. 

Even last year when some people claim he was “fat” he was the best RB on our roster by a significant margin, had a good year, and was a major factor we won the West Final. He also got better in the Grey Cup as the game went along (as usual) and made a huge block on the Adams TD in OT. 

The guys we have now have not been able to come close to stuff like that consistently. 

19 hours ago, Geebrr said:

No, just some people make excuses because they either don’t understand Harris is just flat out a better player, and or they are still crying about him leaving. 

Harris seems to make it work wherever he has been.

Not a coincidence. 

This is not true. Taylor explained a stat where the Bomber RBs have been hit in the backfield more times already than all of last season. No one is saying Harris wouldn't be a better option at this point. But pretending like he'd be able to turn chicken **** into apple pie is odd to say the least...

13 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

This is not true. Taylor explained a stat where the Bomber RBs have been hit in the backfield more times already than all of last season. No one is saying Harris wouldn't be a better option at this point. But pretending like he'd be able to turn chicken **** into apple pie is odd to say the least...

I said our run game would be better. I didn’t say he would be leading the league in yards. It would be an actual run game , which is something we don’t currently have.

Also, there is an obligation to remind some people (not you) that would love to throw dirt in his grave - that he would still easily be our best RB and currently better than our two combined.  Regardless of how badly he hurt their feelings. 

Also it is true, he has 400 yards in TO and is getting 4.5 YPC. Sounds like he is making it happen to me🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Edited by Geebrr

21 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Unless something changes soon - we will probably have to start an American at RB to accommodate 2 NI RBs getting paid a lot to do almost nothing so far this season. 

Chances R pretty slim O'Shea will do anything like this, he felt strongly enough after last season to send a personal message to Harris, instead of trusting him to perform on cue to his own high personal standards, he forced his hand.  He's too stubborn and proud to admit he misjudged the situation and kicked a gift horse in the mouth, and he's unlikely to back down at any point this season. IMO Wade should have taken over negotiations when they went south, for the betterment of all.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Also, there is an obligation to remind some people (not you) that would love to throw dirt in his grave - that he would still easily be our best RB and currently better than our two combined.  Regardless of how badly he hurt their feelings. 

You seem to be the one more hurt than anyone to be honest... Harris could have stayed, he got offended and and left throwing a hissy fit. Most people are like "fine **** him" but you seem to be having trouble letting go. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You seem to be the one more hurt than anyone to be honest... Harris could have stayed, he got offended and and left throwing a hissy fit. Most people are like "fine **** him" but you seem to be having trouble letting go. 

I’m hurt that he is playing well somewhere else and celebrating it? I like BO and JA just fine, but Harris would be doing more for us. 

I’d rather have him here. 100% 

10 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Chances R pretty slim O'Shea will do anything like this, he felt strongly enough after last season to send a personal message to Harris, instead of trusting him to perform on cue to his own high personal standards, he forced his hand.  He's too stubborn and proud to admit he misjudged the situation and kicked a gift horse in the mouth, and he's unlikely to back down at any point this season. IMO Wade should have taken over negotiations when they went south, for the betterment of all.

I’d agree that everyone wishes it ended better.

I honestly think Harris leaving was way more FIFO related than salary related. Harris admitted himself that we wasnt a very good teammate last year, sulking a lot of the time and keeping to himself. He had a lot going on in his personal life and showed up to camp out of shape that resulted in him missing a lot of the season. I think it rubbed the team the wrong way. His attitude, low "give a s**t" level last season, combined with his age was the main reason he wasnt brought back IMO.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I honestly think Harris leaving was way more FIFO related than salary related. Harris admitted himself that we wasnt a very good teammate last year, sulking a lot of the time and keeping to himself. He had a lot going on in his personal life and showed up to camp out of shape that resulted in him missing a lot of the season. I think it rubbed the team the wrong way. His attitude, low "give a s**t" level last season, combined with his age was the main reason he wasnt brought back.

Include an unwillingness to prove it wasn't going to be an issue this year as well.

I know one person who works closely with the players. There is definitely more to the story that the public will never know. And MOS handled it as best as he could afaic.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Include an unwillingness to prove it wasn't going to be an issue this year as well.

I know one person who works closely with the players. There is definitely more to the story that the public will never know. And MOS handled it as best as he could afaic.

Very much so. Ive also heard from someone close to the situation and there were definitely other factors invloved.

He looks like he is doing just fine to me. 400 yards in 5 games is pretty ok. So it looks like it didn’t happen again.

As for last year, I don’t recall noticing anything resembling a “low give a **** level”. 

I saw a guy playing his ass off. 

57 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I'm hurt that he is playing well somewhere else and celebrating it? I like BO and JA just fine, but Harris would be doing more for us. 

I’d rather have him here. 100% 

But we are 7-0 without Harris. He could have stayed but it was Harris himself who opted to walk away in a huff. I get that you are a fan, but he is gone.  Time to move on and stop trying to imagine people have opinions that don't actually exist.

16 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He looks like he is doing just fine to me. 400 yards in 5 games is pretty ok. So it looks like it didn’t happen again.

As for last year, I don’t recall noticing anything resembling a “low give a **** level”. 

I saw a guy playing his ass off. 

Agree, when he returned to play in last year against the Stamps in wk. 4, he immediately took over and carried the team to a higher level.  

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

What The Hell Are You Talking About GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Just do the workout, sign a new deal & off we go. Nope, he felt that was insulting. So, he just had to crap on the team that he played for on the way out of town. 

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But we are 7-0 without Harris. He could have stayed but it was Harris himself who opted to walk away in a huff. I get that you are a fan, but he is gone.  Time to move on and stop trying to imagine people have opinions that don't actually exist.

Except I am not saying that we are not currently the best team in the league or that we won’t win without him.

I’m saying our running game would be better with him. So I’m not sure where you are getting that opinion from. 

I’ve let it go, but I will not let people rewrite what he did for our organization, or    not call out people that hoped he would suck after he left. It is fine not to slag a guy after he leaves, especially one as integral to success as he has been here. 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Except I am not saying that we are not currently the best team in the league or that we won’t win without him.

I’m saying our running game would be better with him. So I’m not sure where you are getting that opinion from. 

I’ve let it go, but I will not let people rewrite what he did for our organization, or    not call out people that hoped he would suck after he left. It is fine not to slag a guy after he leaves, especially one as integral to success as he has been here. 

No one is rewriting what he did for us. But he was an ass on the way to Toronto. That shouldn't be rewritten either.