Friday Bombers vs Chris Jones

BigBlue

I met (sort of )Chris Jones in wpg, when the elks were in town to play.. before their grey cup win.

I was playing restaurant background jazz guitar at a restaurant on Corydon . just myself, and my looper pedal, aka wallpaper music

chris, and four or five other coaches came in and sat down right beside me.

someone asked if I could play some blues, so I did,.... applause, then I played "dock of the bay"

bunch of them belted it out, ( nobody else in there but me and them.). then  more applause and a good tip when they left.

seemed like nice , no b.s. guys.  much nicer than typical patrons for treating the background music guy.

jones himself was quiet.

I was soon after replaced by a hot looking, young, piano playing babe.

the game..... elks won.

Edited by Mark F

I was coaching HS football in Calgary. This would have been 2009. We had our season ending banquet & one of the coaches was able to get Chris Jones as a guest speaker. He sat beside me at the banquet & we had a chance to chat. Seemed like a nice guy. The HC told not to talk about the Stamps when he sat beside me by our Head Coach so I didn't. I thought this was a strange request but I didn't talk about the Stamps as asked. He told our HC he wasn't with the Stamps anymore & asked that it be kept quiet.

Jones got up. Talked about playing for & later coaching his HS team. Then moving up thru the coaching ranks & into the CFL in 2002. Then he talked about how Hufnagel wanted him to be more active in recruiting & the CFL Draft as well as coordinating the Stamps free agent camps. This turned out to be a lie as he wasn't with the Stamps anymore. 

Earlier that day he accepted the position of DC with Scott Milanovich's Argos which caused a huge shouting match between Jones & Huff. They almost came to blows beyween the 2 men.  Story goes that he contacted Milanovich as the two were friends. They had a phone conversation & Milanovich hired him on the spot over the phone. He then tendered his resignation which sideswiped Huff as Jones had committed to returning the next season hence the expanding job duties given. 

Huff was angry & he basically threw Jones out of the Stamps coaching office. That's why I or anyone else weren't allowed to talk with Jones about the Stamps as he wasn't employed by them anymore. Didn't know anything about it at the time but the news came out the next day. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

I met (sort of )Chris Jones in wpg, when the elks were in town to play.. before their grey cup win.

I was playing restaurant background jazz guitar at a restaurant on Corydon . just myself, and my looper pedal, aka wallpaper music

chris, and four or five other coaches came in and sat down right beside me.

someone asked if I could play some blues, so I did,.... applause, then I played "dock of the bay"

bunch of them belted it out,

I got a video of JOnes in concert.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

17 minutes ago, do or die said:

Hope Jones lets Carter cover Agudosi, for a bit.....

I was thinking about that. I think Agudosi would be the best matchup for Carter. He'd at least be able to complete for the high balls. Imagine him trying to cover a great route runner like Ellingson.

Edited by sweep the leg

42 minutes ago, do or die said:

Hope Jones lets Carter cover Agudosi, for a bit.....

I don't think it totally matters now who lines up over him. Roberson had no shot at covering Agudosi and Roberson could be a top 3 db in the league. 6'6" is a size that is hard to cover for anyone.

Edited by Nolby