Week 6 - Game Day Thread - Stumps @ CHAMPS!!

JCon

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Houston was ok...made some typical rookie errors .but u could see he had skill

I talked to me friend who is strength and conditioning coach in Arizona...about Agudosi ..said you will love him...plays hard ..practices harder and has a controlled edge and oozed potential ..just needs a legit opportunity....I think we seen it first hand

Easy to see how he could’ve been preoccupied mentally and not ready. 

4 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Everyone is getting Houston and Josh Miller mixed up from last year.

Houston did draw in for a couple games too. But miller was the worst of them. 

at the end of the day houston has been very good this year. And that’s what’s important. 

7 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

not sure if this has been discussed but what are the opinions on Olivera running the ball. Personally I don't he is good enough. He is slow to get to the line or pocket, stutter steps when he gets there and is always down by first contact. Our other running backs are quicker and harder to bring down and do not go down on first contact most of the time. Opinions?

I really want him to succeed but right now he looks like a back up RB at best. 

22 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

I really want him to succeed but right now he looks like a back up RB at best. 

You can tell he desperately wants to be the new Harris, but unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the same arsenal of tools at his disposal. 

I'm going to reserve judgment until our OL is a little more healed up though, as that may be a large part of the problem right now.

We'll see!

23 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Good lord do we need an RB and a kicker. Gutsy win but geeze. 

How do we not go for two when we’re up by 7? A two point conversion and a two score games significantly increases our probability of winning. Then we miss the convert anyways. Just insanity. 

We don't need a new kicker, we just need to turn him slightly to the right. Almost every attempt drifts to the left... I do not know if he ever misses right

2 hours ago, BigBlue said:

We don't need a new kicker, we just need to turn him slightly to the right. Almost every attempt drifts to the left... I do not know if he ever misses right

Well he did hit the right upright on Friday (that ricocheted through) but I can't remember if it drifted right or if he just started it right in an attempt to not miss left

WOW!!!  Sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words.

<p>ETHAN CAIRNS / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS</p><p>Carlton Agudosi scores a touchdown for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers against the Calgary Stampeders at IG Field in Winnipeg, on Friday.</p>

ETHAN CAIRNS / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS

Carlton Agudosi scores a touchdown for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers against the Calgary Stampeders at IG Field in Winnipeg, on Friday.

Edited by Wideleft
Added photo credit

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Hit him below the knees while he's up that high and cartwheel him.

Well to do that u would have to basically be doing Pi as u obviously weren't playing that ball haha...but that would look epic

Catching up on this thread a day late… unfortunately missed the game and managed to go all day yesterday avoiding the score… finally watched it last night… lots of thought but I’ll take it down to three things…

1) lots of talk about keeping 4 American receivers or finding a US RB, or bring in a US o-lineman … don’t forget the ratio… we still need to maintain 5 Canadians on offense. 
2) speaking of the oline… what is Tui Eli up to?… correct me if I’m wrong but I think he can travel within Canada now?… would be a nice addition if he’s available

3) OPI…. Agudosi just needs to start doing things to gain respect… like spitting on players, eye gouging, throwing temper tantrums on the sidelines, and hitting players with their helmet in pre game… once he starts doing all those class acts… he’s get the respect he deserves to avoid OPI calls…

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Same as timing any hit on a receiver. I did it in high school, so it can't be that hard.

You would need to give him 6-10 feet of space to pull that off in the corner of the end zone.  Doesn't sound advisable on a one on one.

2 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

You would need to give him 6-10 feet of space to pull that off in the corner of the end zone.  Doesn't sound advisable on a one on one.

Yeah and the better play is to try and get your hand in to pop the ball out as he is coming down anyway.