Around The NHL 2022-23

12 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

almost like replacing Paul Maurice with Rick Bowne....never mind...

Difference being this is not at the GM level, Maurice wasn’t fired, he resigned. Not to mention the fact didn’t they go hard for Trotz not to mention the fact Bowness is no slouch himself.

When’s the last time we heard Chevy wants to bring the cup to Winnipeg? If he says this regularly in his press conferences that’s great because that’s ultimately what his job is to do.

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Difference being this is not at the GM level, Maurice wasn’t fired, he resigned. Not to mention the fact didn’t they go hard for Trotz not to mention the fact Bowness is no slouch himself.

When’s the last time we heard Chevy wants to bring the cup to Winnipeg? If he says this regularly in his press conferences that’s great because that’s ultimately what his job is to do.

Ultimately tho Chevys Job is likely what Chipman tells him to do. I've heard rumors Chevy wanted to let Paul go after the st Louis playoff loss in game 6 where they no showed (a running theme in deciding playoff games) 

I've also heard he had some trades lined up in the past and Chipman said no. So depending on the set up there, Chipman is Chevys boss after all, we have no president of hockey ops here. 

Ofcourse Chevy wants a cup as does Chipman, but no Canadian team has won this millennium so... is it realistic to expect the Jets to win one every year? 

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

If Chipman is that involved in hockey operations, he needs to **** off into the sun.

He might be. It sounds like he does if rumors and things are to be believed. We need a president of hockey ops but that would require Chipman bringing one in. I don't think.he wants that. He's essentially our president of hockey ops. Believe Chevy is vp and gm tho. 

5 minutes ago, iHeart said:

DIdn't Chevy win a cup with Chicago?

Sorta kinda not really 

It would be like does zinger the Moose gm get credit if the Jets win the cup? I dunno. Sounds like he didn't have much to do with the big club honestly. He'd be there on draft day tho. But, really... not be overly involved with the big club during the season 

Edited by Goalie

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ultimately tho Chevys Job is likely what Chipman tells him to do. I've heard rumors Chevy wanted to let Paul go after the st Louis playoff loss in game 6 where they no showed (a running theme in deciding playoff games) 

I've also heard he had some trades lined up in the past and Chipman said no. So depending on the set up there, Chipman is Chevys boss after all, we have no president of hockey ops here. 

Ofcourse Chevy wants a cup as does Chipman, but no Canadian team has won this millennium so... is it realistic to expect the Jets to win one every year? 

Nope not really saying that.

Just saying imho Chevy might want to start off every press conference (and maybe he does my apologies) saying something like, "look ultimately we are trying to bring a cup to Winnipeg and that takes hard smart work. So let's look at how far we've come, some of the things we need to get better at and where we still have to go for that to happen. Then he can go into his usual we're better than you think we are stance. 

I'd like for Chevy or Chipman (who never speaks) to come out and just give me a clear idea on what the plan is moving forward. No need for specific details,  just tell me you recognize change is needed. 

That's all. Don't pretend nothing is wrong or talk in circles or riddles. Just say, we weren't good enough and we understand change Is required.  

I think tho If you look at off season interviews from guys like Nino ehlers and Josh on wst radio on YouTube, they all are expecting some big changes 

Edited by Goalie

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'd like for Chevy or Chipman (who never speaks) to come out and just give me a clear idea on what the plan is moving forward. No need for specific details,  just tell me you recognize change is needed. 

That's all. Don't pretend nothing is wrong or talk in circles or riddles. Just say, we weren't good enough and we understand change Is required.  

I think tho If you look at off season interviews from guys like Nino ehlers and Josh on wst radio on YouTube, they all are expecting some big changes 

Your not alone.

but there’s always the uplifting news a zippy new bar will he opening. And we darn well better appreciate it. 

I guess the Jets PR team needs to go talk to the Bombers PR team cuz Bombers seemingly very fan friendly and accommodating. Jets almost the opposite where they take their fans for granted and think we all can afford 10s of thousands of dollars in tickets every year 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I guess the Jets PR team needs to go talk to the Bombers PR team cuz Bombers seemingly very fan friendly and accommodating. Jets almost the opposite where they take their fans for granted and think we all can afford 10s of thousands of dollars in tickets every year 

I’m thinking Jets don’t market to the individual, they market to corporations. The Bombers on the other hand probably balance the two sides a lot more.

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

One game in, Vegas definitely looks to be the "team of destiny" this year.  Eichel can taste it now.  Same with Phil Kessel though he's been healthy scratched since the Jets series.

Unfortunately your right, the Vegas circus looks like a winner. Does Bettman get a cut ? Without that crazy expansion stocking of Vegas shelves would they be here so quickly? 😉

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/michael-andlauer-to-become-new-senators-owner-1.1972615

A group led by Toronto billionaire Michael Andlauer has won the bidding war and will become the new owner of the Ottawa Senators, according to multiple reports.

Bruce Garrioch of Postmedia adds that Andlauer will play $950 million USD for the franchise.

Andlauer currently owns a minority share of the Montreal Canadiens and is a member of the NHL’s board of governors. As a result of his successful bid, he will have to sell his 10 per cent share in the Canadiens. The founder of Andlauer Healthcare Group, Andlauer is also the owner of the Ontario Hockey League’s Bulldogs franchise.

The 57-year-old put together a group of investors for his bid, but is believed to have controlling interest.

Along with taking over the Senators, Andlauer will receive preferred bidder status to build a new rink at LeBreton Flats.