Week 5 - Back to Back Champs at Lions - Week of thread

JCon

2 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Boot and crutches. Looks to be an Achilles thing.

I don't know why they just don't say the season instead of extended period. Unless it's not completely torn but it's likely the season.

5 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I don't know why they just don't say the season instead of extended period. Unless it's not completely torn but it's likely the season.

well you can injure it where it doesnt require surgery...tho I think that maybe they made the initial statement prior to teams physicians getting good look...and pics of it....also tho, he was on sidelines after...usually with a tear...complete tear u won't be seen again that night...especially not moving about on crutches on sideline

Lucky been a DNP this week....maybe he doesnt wanna get pummeled into a cast like last time ahahah....but if he can't go it's a bonus for us....still wish he was here and developed and actually utilized beyond how Lapo wrecked him...Imagine we could be rolling him and Lawler...with the other supporting cast

and looks like make me Puke Williams is questionable....his 275k salary and minimal stats, and ability to not stay healthy is sure doing them wonders....not to mention having his loser antics and lack of true leadership...and still a hit on the cap to boot

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Lucky been a DNP this week....maybe he doesnt wanna get pummeled into a cast like last time ahahah....but if he can't go it's a bonus for us....still wish he was here and developed and actually utilized beyond how Lapo wrecked him...Imagine we could be rolling him and Lawler...with the other supporting cast

Damn near killed him. 

Edited by Rod Black

5 hours ago, Booch said:

and looks like make me Puke Williams is questionable....his 275k salary and minimal stats, and ability to not stay healthy is sure doing them wonders....not to mention having his loser antics and lack of true leadership...and still a hit on the cap to boot

We need BA back. That hit he laid on Lucky last year was awesome

14 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Did Lapo just refuse to use Lucky as a deep threat?

not completely...I know that's the narrative around here...but it isn't quite true. He did run a lot of go routes. However...I think there was a real lack of trust between him and Matt Nichols. I specifically remember 1 game against MTL or maybe TO...it was an eastern team. Anyway Lucky was getting behind the defense regularly and Nichols just wouldn't put the ball up for him. I don't know why...but he was being sent deep and didn't see the ball. 

Lapo didn't let him run many routes on the route tree, I'll say that. He was basically a screen/go guy and that's about it. But even he will admit during the canceled season he really improved his route running skills. So I'm guessing while he was here he just wasn't as polished as he is now. Even in his break out year last year there was a lot of comments around the league about how much he's improved in his route running.

Edited by Bigblue204

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

not completely...I know that's the narrative around here...but it isn't quite true. He did run a lot of go routes. However...I think there was a real lack of trust between him and Matt Nichols. I specifically remember 1 game against MTL or maybe TO...it was an eastern team. Anyway Lucky was getting behind the defense regularly and Nichols just wouldn't put the ball up for him. I don't know why...but he was being sent deep and didn't see the ball. 

Lapo didn't let him run many routes on the route tree, I'll say that. He was basically a screen/go guy and that's about it. But even he will admit during the canceled season he really improved his route running skills. So I'm guessing while he was here he just wasn't as polished as he is now. Even in his break out year last year there was a lot of comments around the league about how much he's improved in his route running.

Yeh Lucky definitely ran ALOT of deep routes in Lapo's offense.... he just always seemed to run them as distractions to the actual play

23 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

i think it was that Nichols and or Lapo didnt trust that he could get it out to him...and teams knew that, and a lot of times that "decoy" was pointless, also sure it seemed like he improved his route running, and yeah he worked on it too, but when you aren't allowed to run routes in one place, but are in another for sure it will look improved...Lapo totally mismanaged Lucky here, almost caused him to stagnate, and his predictable play calling is what got him injured....and it's a shame as he would be an excellent piece in this offence here 

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I always have time to help educate the ignorant masses. Plus an opportunity to remind people that Lapo sucks is not something to pass on.

lol, well done.

😂

like a jackfish and a chubby perch.

Edited by Mark F