Week 5 - Back to Back Champs at Lions - Week of thread

JCon

yeah...I think BC is gonna have eyes opened a bit seeing a true legit defense...Can also see Willie playing a role like he does often getting in the passing lane for the short quick hits like he does so well....gonna be interesting....Rourke hasn't seen much extended pressure this yr, and when he has has looked average at best, so that will be key...pressure from different angles and different looks.

They reaped the rewards the first few games with receivers running Scott free...I don't see that happening this game, and still not sold on their o-line...also week 1 EDM was brutal and still in dissaray...and then a bye...then a T.O team that basically gave up and looked to have no clue...first true test they eeked out a win against Ottawa, and I still think Ott lost that more than BC beating them.....Sat should be interesting, and certain this team will rise to occasion...they always do

19 hours ago, JCon said:

How are we going to stop Rourke from running? We haven't been good against the run and we're traditionally not great against mobile QBs, like Masoli. 

seem to keep te Faj bottled up nicely

1 minute ago, greenrider55 said:

The Riders had the same turnaround in their game in Montreal. Dumb scheduling.

but a quick trip to edm....from sask...to mtl is pale in comparison to wpg to T.O....timezone away...Then back across the country 3 times zones the opposite direction....but agreed...the short week scheduling is lame and dumb, and i'm sure the powers that be could of at least gave us an Edm or CGY game next, but whatever...is what it is

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

but a quick trip to edm....from sask...to mtl is pale in comparison to wpg to T.O....timezone away...Then back across the country 3 times zones the opposite direction....but agreed...the short week scheduling is lame and dumb, and i'm sure the powers that be could of at least gave us an Edm or CGY game next, but whatever...is what it is

Yea, precisely. Ottawa plays Saturday July 16th in Hamilton, and then Thursday night they play at home. Short week, but no travel. 

Hamilton, however, goes to BC Thursday after playing that Saturday… makes limited sense

1 minute ago, greenrider55 said:

Yea, precisely. Ottawa plays Saturday July 16th in Hamilton, and then Thursday night they play at home. Short week, but no travel. 

Hamilton, however, goes to BC Thursday after playing that Saturday… makes limited sense

ha!!....yup.....how and why they draw this up is baffling

today is only practice of week correct?...and closed as well?

I'd be blown away if Wilson is able to get back on the field this year. And I hope Hardrick is able to go, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him sit this week out.

Id be lying if I said I wasn't concerned this week. BC has a very potent offence. I feel like this week could be a "First to 30 wins" type of game. And I'm not convinced our O has the ability to keep pace with BC if our D doesn't hold them.

39 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'd be blown away if Wilson is able to get back on the field this year. And I hope Hardrick is able to go, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him sit this week out.

Id be lying if I said I wasn't concerned this week. BC has a very potent offence. I feel like this week could be a "First to 30 wins" type of game. And I'm not convinced our O has the ability to keep pace with BC if our D doesn't hold them.

BC also has a pretty underrated secondary, a lot of playmakers there.

53 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The way Wilson got hurt was very concerning... non-contact injuries can sometimes be the worst kind...