3 stars plus hh arbloooows

wbbfan

1 clements. Comes in for a kyrie gets banged up and puts up 6 tackles sack and a teams tackle  

2 rose big bounce back game 

3 legs  all his fgs xpt great punting and kick offs  

hh. The wicked tip pick lateral by Malcolm rose and Taylor. 

honorable mentions to schoen and to yoshi for playing through a bunch of pain. 

Bighill was far and away our best player today. 

Collaros deceptively good game. Didn't have a lot to work with  but did as much as he could. 

Legghio... Been cheering for this kid since day 1 and he keeps getting better and better. 

HH - the training staff who have their hands full with injuries right now... 

Edited by Noeller

Biggie was absolutely our best player tonight. In a year where, so far, Jefferson and Jeffcoat haven't been as dominant as they have been previously (but still damn good, don't get me wrong), Bighill has been the hammer on the defence so far.

Legs - Hey, looks like the kid settling in. The punting and kickoffs seem to be much improved, and the hashmarks being moved in has helped a lot too. Happy for him - hopefully it continues and we have a national kicker we can count on for years to come.

Yoshi - Gets rolled up on the first play of the game, then down the stretch in the clutch too but kept on going. Him, Big Stan and Neufeld are the vets holding the line together at the moment. Losing him would have been huge.

HH - McCrae. Nothing on the statsheet that will jump off the page, but as I mentioned in a previous topic, his reps in pass protection were outstanding which is great to see in a rookie RB

New poster here, but have been reading these boards for a while - best place to find Bombers news!

Agree that Bighill was our best player. He was all over the field today (as per usual). One of the best tacklers to play the game and a sure hall of famer.

I have to say that I'm kind of concerned with Buck's calling of the games so far - I don't know what we're doing running up the gut so much with a banged up o-line. We should be running sweeps and play-action to keep teams honest until Couture is back (sorry Kolankowski - you're doing a serviceable job, but getting pushed around in there). A bunch of odd short yardage plays as well... are we having issues with receivers and their routes? It's strange.

Otherwise, I think I'm pretty close to done with the Oliveira experiment. I'm not seeing any improvement in his time here at all, and often when we call his number it results in a dead play.

Edited by Potential

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

Feeling super uneasy at 4-0 right now. Flying out to BC and winning seems like a tall task at the moment.

Hopefully our guys have a fire lit under them this week. At least the lions game is meaningful and better be taken seriously. 

13 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Anyone else pickup on how conceited Oliviera was as part of the pre-game show? He referred to Harris doing amazing things "despite not being in peak physical condition"

Dude wasnt in the best shape last year, but show the man some respect

I would see it as a shot if it wasn't Harris himself who described himself as that.

Brady was describing how impressive it was, to still be able to do what he did.

1.  Bighill
Straw that stirs the Bomber D....game in and game out...
2.  Zac
Forget the numbers....we couldn't run the ball or stretch the field.....but showed some great in and out of pocket presence
3.  AutoLegg
Yeah, most of the FG's are short - but he has made them all and punting well....

1) Leggio - 3/3 and 2XPM.... long was only 32 yards but 3/3 is still important
2) Bighill - was all over the field all night... as per usual
3) Rose - nice comeback game after struggling to start the season... tone setting pick-6 early on
HH - Wolitarsky... had a nice game (first TD of the season) on a day the offense wasn't very good