BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS at Argos GDT

Nolby

10 hours ago, Booch said:

did you ask the operator to put your deck in the Hopper??...lol

I just remember going to the U of M. Then sitting at one of those terminals along with a couple of hundred other students punching in numbers & letters on my blank cards I had stacked up. Then standing in line giving my cards to a bored undergrad working the computer printer, Then getting the printout & combing over every line trying to find that one mistake I made. I was in grade 11 in 1972-73 & decided one year of computer science was enough for me. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I just remember going to the U of M. Then sitting at one of those terminals along with a couple of hundred other students punching in numbers & letters on my blank cards I had stacked up. Then standing in line giving my cards to a bored undergrad working the computer printer, Then getting the printout & combing over every line trying to find that one mistake I made. I was in grade 11 in 1972-73 & decided one year of computer science was enough for me. 

There's no future in computers anyhow. 

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

There's no future in computers anyhow. 

Back then there was. My friend became one of the Lead Programmers at Manitoba Hydro in the 80's. More than a few of my high school chums got into programming as well. If you graduated from the U of M or Red River you had a job somewhere. Then the world changed. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Back then there was. My friend became one of the Lead Programmers at Manitoba Hydro in the 80's. More than a few of my high school chums got into programming as well. If you graduated from the U of M or Red River you had a job somewhere. Then the world changed. 

Pretty sure Jeff was being sarcastic about "no future in computers..." since our whole world is run by them, in various forms....

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have some memories spending many many hours in some basement lab with a machine that remoted into some a "supercomputer" cluster and anxiously watching it run an analysis we did with a Fortran based application for hours while we hoped we did it right

7 minutes ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

I assume the CFL hasn't apologized for the botched TD catch by Banks even though it was clearly an interception with down by contact.

they haven't apologized for the duke williams drop where he knocked himself out....so I'm not holding my breathe on this one.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

they haven't apologized for the duke williams drop where he knocked himself out....so I'm not holding my breathe on this one.

Yeah that one was especially brutal considering the stake of that game, and the juncture it happened...total garbage

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah that one was especially brutal considering the stake of that game, and the juncture it happened...total garbage

That "catch" sums up the incompetence of the Riders offense.  We gifted them 6 turnovers and all they could muster was 10 pts. 

It's not the first time the command center and reffing have screwed the Bombers, and it won't be the last.