BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS at Argos GDT

Nolby

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

, but I suppose I have reached the age where I realize that yelling at the TV is never going to change the call, 

https://www.tsn.ca/Must-See/video/must-see-banks-incredible-52-yard-td-grab~2477796

Amateur. I yelled at the tv and Bede missed the p.a. 

As for the commentators rooting for Toronto, they are in the business of selling a story, selling excitement, so they will cheer on an underdog or a comeback, not because they hate your team but because they want to keep the audience engaged and invested until the clock hits zero. Again probably not a popular take for many who have expressed their consistent disdain for the TSN broadcast. But I’m pretty confident Rod Smith and Duane Ford don’t care who wins or loses, nor do the refs unless they are betting on the outcome (and I don’t think an Argo-Bomber game is seeing such action as to make it worth the effort). But fans will fan, so to each their own. And I can only speak for myself, but I suppose I have reached the age where I realize that yelling at the TV is never going to change the call, whether that makes me less of a fan or just closer to a Zen state of enlightenment is for others to decide. Namaste. 

This I agree with.

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

As for the commentators rooting for Toronto, they are in the business of selling a story, selling excitement, so they will cheer on an underdog or a comeback, not because they hate your team but because they want to keep the audience engaged and invested until the clock hits zero. Again probably not a popular take for many who have expressed their consistent disdain for the TSN broadcast. But I’m pretty confident Rod Smith and Duane Ford don’t care who wins or loses, nor do the refs unless they are betting on the outcome (and I don’t think an Argo-Bomber game is seeing such action as to make it worth the effort). But fans will fan, so to each their own. And I can only speak for myself, but I suppose I have reached the age where I realize that yelling at the TV is never going to change the call, whether that makes me less of a fan or just closer to a Zen state of enlightenment is for others to decide. Namaste. 

This I agree with.

I am grateful anytime the commentators don't spend much of the 4th Q ignoring the play below and yapping on about anything and everything that pops into their heads, as if the football game isn't the sole reason we are tuned into to their broadcast.  I guess that may have been a Rod Black specialty.

31 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If it worked this time that’s a big huzzah in my books. Maybe between your boisterous curses, Tracker’s voodoo rituals, and my silent incantations we can sway the football gods some more!

If all else fails, you be reduced to sacrificing a virgin. If you can find one.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This is what Computer Science looked like when I was in HS back in 1973 & we had to go to the U of M to complete our assignments. 

Students operating IBM 029 keypunches in the keypunch room of the Mathematics and Computer Building during the ‘67-’68 school year.

Ha, ha. Those were the days.

lol, My dad always talks about those. I've never seen one before.

57 minutes ago, Jesse said:

lol, My dad always talks about those. I've never seen one before.

Apparently your smartphone has way more computing power than the computer that guided the first Apollo mission to the moon. 

Edited by Tracker

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Imagine dropping your stack of cards on the way to submit your assignment.

I don't have have to imagine it. My buddy, thinking he was being funny, kicked more than a box of cards out from under my arm. Cards everywhere! Not only that, we only got 10 compiles to get it right before we had to hand in the results. I lost 2 just getting it back in order. Still got 100%.

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This is what Computer Science looked like when I was in HS back in 1973 & we had to go to the U of M to complete our assignments. 

Students operating IBM 029 keypunches in the keypunch room of the Mathematics and Computer Building during the ‘67-’68 school year.

IBM 7040/ 1401

?

IBM 7040/ 1401

My parents still wish these were the days,they're still coping with the tragic loss of the cord from a cordless phone

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

IBM 7040/ 1401

?

IBM 7040/ 1401

did you ask the operator to put your deck in the Hopper??...lol

When I started at Brandon U in the fall of '98, the only place you had internet access was in the basement of the building in the "computer lab", and you just basically used it to check email, 'cause that was mostly all any of us did at the time. I'm an old man, but I really do miss the days pre-mobile internet. I'm as obsessed with checking my phone every 5 seconds as anyone else...and I hate it. Death to mobile internet...

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

When I started at Brandon U in the fall of '98, the only place you had internet access was in the basement of the building in the "computer lab", and you just basically used it to check email, 'cause that was mostly all any of us did at the time. I'm an old man, but I really do miss the days pre-mobile internet. I'm as obsessed with checking my phone every 5 seconds as anyone else...and I hate it. Death to mobile internet...

Not a problem for me! This is legit my current cell phone. Right now, at this moment in time, July 6 2022:

LG B470 3G Flip Phone with Camera and Bluetooth, Carrier branded, Unlocked  : Amazon.ca: Electronics