BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS at Argos GDT

Nolby

We were leading all game. I feel like some of you were listening to rod Smith a bit 2 much because if bede makes the kick the game is tied. Rod was acting like Argos were gonna win if they scored a TD. It's like TSN announcing bowness as 8th coach in Jets franchise history. It's just bullshit as he's just the 4th really 

Who is to say that Toronto wins just cuz they maybe possibly would have tied the game. Tsn had you believing at the end that a td wins it for the Argos. 

O needs to improve no doubt but 4 and 0 Is 4 and 0.

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I think the Banks TD was the right call. I don't think Houston had full control of it. If that had been the other way around (Banks catching it, Houston taking it away) every poster on this board would have argued for an INT.

The ball touched the turf tho so it's an incomplete pass then. No way it didn't. 

7 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I think the Banks TD was the right call. I don't think Houston had full control of it. If that had been the other way around (Banks catching it, Houston taking it away) every poster on this board would have argued for an INT.

It was either a pick or an incomplete pass.  It's impossible for that ball to be a TD. There is no argument.

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

It was either a pick or an incomplete pass.  It's impossible that to be a TD. There is no argument.

I'd say if it rolls between your hands and the ground helped then it's an incomplete pass.............but then I remember the Duke Williams "catch" in the WF. Our command centre is trash.

27 minutes ago, bearpants said:

There's a bit of different feeling about this win... in the first three against Ott and Hammy... the Bombers started out slow but eventually controlled the game and won on their terms... In this game, if not for a colossal fail by Bede.... the Bomber may not have won... it felt like the first win this year where they didn't "control" the victory.

That said, they are still 4-0 and I expect this game tape to serve as a lesson... if we (the fans) recognize there needs to be improvement... so does the team

Maybe true and valid thoughts but there was 28 seconds left. Tons of time to get into field goal range and kick the game winner. I was fairly confident even if Toronto scored when it mattered most the guys would have found a way to get us into field goal range to win the game. 

Simple solution 

The command center needs to explain why it was or wasn't a TD in real time. Take the fan in to the command center booth. And every time an explanation is required and why they reached that conclusion cuz right now game to game play to play its looking like major incompetence 

Part of Me feels if that game is in Winnipeg it's not called a TD and that is a problem 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Maybe true and valid thoughts but there was 28 seconds left. Tons of time to get into field goal range and kick the game winner. I was fairly confident even if Toronto scored when it mattered most the guys would have found a way to get us into field goal range to win the game. 

I very specifically chose my words when I said "may not have won"... it was looking like OT with Toronto having all the momentum... of course, you never know what will happen... and I recall a game late last season when Hamilton forced OT and appeared to have all the momentum... how did that one turn out again? 😁

Just now, Goalie said:

Simple solution 

The command center needs to explain why it was or wasn't a TD. 

we're still waiting for the command centre to explain why Duke Williams' catch that clearly bounced off the turf in the 2021 West final was allowed to stand as a catch... don't hold your breath...

8 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

This...I never actually felt like we were going to lose that game. We would have figured it out, one way or another. I actually LOLed at Marshall Ferguson on Twitter saying that the Argos should have gone for the 2pt convert to win it because Harris would never have been stopped. Christ sakes, the outright cheering by eastern broadcasters...

16 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I dont think the touching the turf aspect was conclusive. I was talking strictly about posession.

For these types of things I like to imagine the scenario reversed, and again, if that was Houston taking it away from Banks (all other factors the same) and it wasn't called an INT, I would have been livid.

It was pretty conclusive in my eyes.  The ball is clearly on the turf under Houston.  Couldn’t have been a fumble by Houston because it was after contact with Banks and the ground.  Banks also drags it across the field when he has it. So INT or incomplete.

The only reason why that play has a chance to be a TD is because of an incorrect call on the field and the kind of stupid base assumption of review that it has to prove the wrong call on the field is wrong.

We need a common sense rule for review.  Just watch the play and make the call that’s correct not even thinking about what the call on the field is.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

I remember watching the Kentucky Derby a couple of years ago and they were reviewing a interference claim. The cameras were right over the reviewers shoulders, we could see what they were looking at and their discussion. 

Transparency would be nice for the command centre. 

It's a new world, betting matters to the CFL and that play changes who covered. 

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

It’s not the booze. Just wondering why I feel so shitty about the squad after a win. 

might be the scant 17 . 8 points per game, 71 total points scored,   (which includes two defensive td) ahead of only toronto, Hamilton, and well behind the riders, with 94.

ahead only of the mighty elks in yards per game. 200 yds per game behind b.c.(no thanks to rourke though)

according to tsn In four games collaros has four td passes and three interceptions.

brady 3.2 yds per carey, john y a, 4.2

morning bb tough guys.... .... how johnny get more plays.... "play better"

So far, Bombers offence is quite bad. readem and weep.

https://www.cfl.ca/team-stats/

Edited by Mark F

As I saw it:
Houston catches the ball, but doesn't survive contact with the ground.
The ball doesn't hit the ground, so the play isn't over.
Banks picks the loose ball up. Once he has control in the end zone it's a TD.

I couldn't tell if the ball touched the ground when Banks had it between his shins, but my best GUESS is it didn't.
Not enough to overturn the TD for the command centre.

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This...I never actually felt like we were going to lose that game. We would have figured it out, one way or another. I actually LOLed at Marshall Ferguson on Twitter saying that the Argos should have gone for the 2pt convert to win it because Harris would never have been stopped. Christ sakes, the outright cheering by eastern broadcasters...

As much as the commentators were hyping the Argos, I have little doubt that Harris would have powered in for the 2 points. He was driving up the middle for 4-5 yards every time he had the ball all the second half. The defence really won the game for the Blue, but they also had a good helping of luck that Bede missed what ought to have been an automatic and then there was that weird, infuriating "TD" that I will go to my grave disputing.

32 minutes ago, JCon said:

I remember watching the Kentucky Derby a couple of years ago and they were reviewing a interference claim. The cameras were right over the reviewers shoulders, we could see what they were looking at and their discussion. 

Transparency would be nice for the command centre. 

It's a new world, betting matters to the CFL and that play changes who covered. 

I just watched the USFL championship game the other night. When they had a penalty challenged they had shots of the command Center and the audio between the refs and the Center discussing the call. I thought it was really cool to hear how the process works and what they discuss. I would love to see the CFL/TSN adopt that. 

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The defence really won the game for the Blue, but they also had a good helping of luck that Bede missed what ought to have been an automatic and then there was that weird, infuriating "TD" that I will go to my grave disputing.

The football gods giveth and they taketh away....Argos won one when the Als. kicker shanked one....even up I suppose BUT we did just enough to win the game....I don't like 'just enough' from this club

do not sit there with a stop watch, but my impression is the O line is generally giving collaros enough time to throw.

so poor passing game is on receivers, or play design and calls.

and the receiver blocking has disappeared. 

Edited by Mark F

21 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

As I saw it:
Houston catches the ball, but doesn't survive contact with the ground.
The ball doesn't hit the ground, so the play isn't over.
Banks picks the loose ball up. Once he has control in the end zone it's a TD.

I couldn't tell if the ball touched the ground when Banks had it between his shins, but my best GUESS is it didn't.
Not enough to overturn the TD for the command centre.

The ball is on the turf underneath Houston, before Banks takes it away.