BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS at Argos GDT

Nolby

Just now, Booch said:

I'm glad they have been....will make us work harder and not rest easy...they know they have kind of sucked...well on offence....

It's obviously just been an offensive issue.

Maybe we get lucky and Drew and Chris shake loose and we roll to a 3rd Cup, but in the event that we have to work with what we got... there are things to figure out...

Have lots of thoughts that I’ll probably add in over the week but the main ones:

-We need an RB who can be an effective receiver.  We Olivieira can do some hard running, McCrae has some burst, Augustine is a fine sub who might feature better in a 2 back set as in put him out there instead of Miller.  Augustine can do some things in space but he doesn’t get out there with the ball on his own.

-We need someone to be a deep threat without Demski…who isn’t really a consistent deep threat either.  Hard call to make and maybe easier if Ellingson is down, but I think maybe we dress one of those longer body boundary type WR’s (either PR guy) over Bailey soon if nothing changes on O.

-Our pass coverage (including LB’s) is really discombobulated.  Taylor in particular seems to be really struggling. Still makes some plays but really getting targeted and torched too.

19 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Maybe we get lucky and Drew and BIG Chris shake loose and we roll to a 3rd Cup, but in the event that we have to work with what we got... there are things to figure out...

Yup. Things to figure out. No one can say OShea is totally happy or even finds the play, the result yes, acceptable. Still, first place ain’t bad either. Next week would be a great time to have a bounce back game. 

Edited by Rod Black

25 minutes ago, Nolby said:

All the check down plays could be a credit to Torontos D making some adjustments,their dline seemed to be slicing through to our back field it seemed at ease at times

Maybe.  I think Collaros a) doesn’t really have a guy he trusts on 50-50 balls aside from Ellingson b) isn’t trusting the pocket as he’s had a lot of them pushed into him, no time to follow through downfield.

Also we’re forgetting the impact that the check downs to Harris made.  That’s 50-70 yards a game we aren’t getting although we didn’t get them much last year either.

40 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Maybe we get lucky and Drew and Chris shake loose and we roll to a 3rd Cup, but in the event that we have to work with what we got... there are things to figure out...

Winning hard games is a better situation than winning blow out games like BC has done. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Think of that old chestnut, All plans seem great until you get punched in the nose. Then plans change.

Problem is if we can't move the ball on offense our defense will tire out and good offenses will capitalize. BC is much better then Toronto and won't make that many mistakes. 

14 minutes ago, Blue and Gold87 said:

Problem is if we can't move the ball on offense our defense will tire out and good offenses will capitalize. BC is much better then Toronto and won't make that many mistakes. 

Agreed  however this will be Rourke's first big test. Hopefully, the Lions think they're better than they are. 

not sure where to put, important info for gameday.  

It is the news many have been waiting on for years - a pill claiming to provide a cure for a hangover has gone on sale in the UK.

Swedish brand Myrkl claims its product is the first ever to break down alcohol effectively. It reports that up to 70 per cent of booze in the body can be broken down in just an hour.

Edited by Mark F

9 hours ago, bb1 said:

Have to disagree, yes Harris is missed but we could not afford to bring everyone back,and we get what 1 or 2 more years? Let's see at the end of the year what we have at RB.

9 hours ago, Nolby said:

We know he's still capable but you can understand the problem they had to deal with when you have 2 younger Canadian rbs and a 35 year old running back with unknown amounts of gas left in the tank. I'd kill to have Harris in our backfield but that ship has sailed and we're 4-0. Correct our current issues instead of wondering what it coulda been.

Sorry, I should've been more clear... I'm not saying that Bombers management made the wrong choice.... just saying, at this moment, Harris is clearly the superior back... if he only ends up playing 8-10 games or significnatly wears down as the season progresses... our management will be proven right

As much as I like the guy....Bailey hasn't been producing at the level the Bombers need him to. I suspect that's because he is a SB and not a WR. I wasn't a fan of him moving out there and it doesn't seem to be working. If they're going to change something on O I'd like to see a legit WR start in his spot.

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

As much as I like the guy....Bailey hasn't been producing at the level the Bombers need him to. I suspect that's because he is a SB and not a WR. I wasn't a fan of him moving out there and it doesn't seem to be working. If they're going to change something on O I'd like to see a legit WR start in his spot.

and we have 2 on PR....Harrison and Agudosi

Just squeaked that one out....I sure as hell don't like winning on a one point miss by the other guy....This team is better than that but something has to change on offence.....They seem to have flashes of last year on O but can't sustain a drive that is amounting to points....I hope we're better than we were in T.O. ,when we go to the coast.....we're gonna have to be

This still irritates me.  CBC is saying that Banks made an incredible catch, when it should have been an INT.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2049225283585

Honestly I think this play rattled the Bombers a bit and gave TO the confidence they needed to make it as closes as they did.   

We need a running game.  We relied on Harris to get us the necessary yards, to have those clock eating drives.  Olivera, and Augustine aren't cutting it.   

Our offensive playbook yesterday was terrible.  We scored 6 measly points in the 2nd half and we couldn't sustain any drives.

BC is going to be a tough test and we might be in for a long night Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

It’s not the booze. Just wondering why I feel so shitty about the squad after a win. 

.....shitty and uneasy......It's kind of perplexing because we can see there's a problem and just can't put it down to one particular part of our game.....just a whole bunch of little things....Short week till the next game....we better get on it

5 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

It’s not the booze. Just wondering why I feel so shitty about the squad after a win. 

Well I remember before our squad made it and we would play these super close games against teams like Calgary, we would bring our A game, totally out play them, end up losing games the way Toronto did. Seems like we would always make one extra mistake, take one extra penalty, they would get one extra big play when they needed it most. Now I see we’re in that position. Teams will always bring their A games against us because we’re the 2X defending champs, we’re the measuring stick to these teams to see if they can believe they can win it all. I don’t think we’re going to win a lot of pretty games this year but the key word is winning. I’ll take 4-0. There’s work to be done no doubt.

34 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

From an outside perspective I think you guys have too many big physical recievers. Wolitarasky, Oleary Orange, Ellingson, Bailey, Schoen are all guys that are big and strong. They would also be guys that all benefit from having the waggle because they are not as fast off the line. Unfortunately, for Bailey he seems to be taking most of his snaps from the X position and starting from a stand still. I think the lack of waggle has really hurt him. I don't know how you fix this issue without sitting someone to get more speed/explosiveness in there. Also with how Bailey has played in the past Idk if you can sit him, but the other two Americans are playing better then him. 

1 minute ago, stevethe3rd said:

From an outside perspective I think you guys have too many big physical recievers. Wolitarasky, Oleary Orange, Ellingson, Bailey, Schoen are all guys that are big and strong. They would also be guys that all benefit from having the waggle because they are not as fast off the line. Unfortunately, for Bailey he seems to be taking most of his snaps from the X position and starting from a stand still. I think the lack of waggle has really hurt him. I don't know how you fix this issue without sitting someone to get more speed/explosiveness in there. Also with how Bailey has played in the past Idk if you can sit him, but the other two Americans are playing better then him. 

DT said something before the season started that immediately had me worried about Bailey. Prior to this year he only had a hand full of catches without using the waggle. But had 90% of his production came with him moving before the ball was snapped.

22 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

This still irritates me.  CBC is saying that Banks made an incredible catch, when it should have been an INT.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2049225283585

Honestly I think this play rattled the Bombers a bit and gave TO the confidence they needed to make it as closes as they did.   

We need a running game.  We relied on Harris to get us the necessary yards, to have those clock eating drives.  Olivera, and Augustine aren't cutting it.   

Our offensive playbook yesterday was terrible.  We scored 6 measly points in the 2nd half and we couldn't sustain any drives.

BC is going to be a tough test and we might be in for a long night Saturday.

Except that we didn't for half the year the last year.

26 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

There's a bit of different feeling about this win... in the first three against Ott and Hammy... the Bombers started out slow but eventually controlled the game and won on their terms... In this game, if not for a colossal fail by Bede.... the Bomber may not have won... it felt like the first win this year where they didn't "control" the victory.

That said, they are still 4-0 and I expect this game tape to serve as a lesson... if we (the fans) recognize there needs to be improvement... so does the team