BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS at Argos GDT

Nolby

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What gets me are the posts wanting Buck outta here. Like, really??? C'mon to all those wanting him gone. Give your heads a shake. 

Who wants him out?  For myself I simply has suggested that his play calling has been extremely vanilla and with the protection that ZC was getting he should of easily had more aggressive plays called for him.

Ooo I do want to say that McCrae seems to be better then Brady... quicker and actually attempts to keep going after first contact.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What gets me are the posts wanting Buck outta here. Like, really??? C'mon to all those wanting him gone. Give your heads a shake. 

Today probably wasn't Buck's finest hour. At the same time, for those folks that missed Zach's comments on OB after the game, he said a lot of those quick hitters, screens etc were checks at the line (decisions made by him, and not Buck) to audible out of a called run based on what was being presented by the defence. That explained a lot!

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

What the actual **** was with all of the screen plays?

Why is Zach even listening to Buck if that’s what’s being called in?

Those were audibles by Zach at the line, which he admitted to on OB after the game. There were called runs and he checked out of them at the line based on what the D lined up with.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Who wants him out?  For myself I simply has suggested that his play calling has been extremely vanilla and with the protection that ZC was getting he should of easily had more aggressive plays called for him.

Ooo I do want to say that McCrae seems to be better then Brady... quicker and actually attempts to keep going after first contact.

If nothing else, McCrae had a number of stellar pick ups in pass pro. Great to see given his size.

1 minute ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Today probably wasn't Buck's finest hour. At the same time, for those folks that missed Zach's comments on OB after the game, he said a lot of those quick hitters, screens etc were checks at the line (decisions made by him, and not Buck) to audible out of a called run based on what was being presented by the defence. That explained a lot!

But the Bomber offence could not consistently take advantage of what was apparently seen by Buck. So the offence wasn't clueless but helpless?

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

But the Bomber offence could not consistently take advantage of what was apparently seen by Buck. So the offence wasn't clueless but helpless?

That's football. The other team gets paid too. We're without our X factor receiver, and playing with a banged up line too. How Yoshi didn't tear his ACL on the first play of the game is beyond me. Like Osh said in the post game - take the 2 points and get on home.

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Biggest take away for me... Andrew Harris is still much better than any RB we have... and most other RBs in the league... if he plays even 14 games this year, it'll be a miss by our management. 

Have to disagree, yes Harris is missed but we could not afford to bring everyone back,and we get what 1 or 2 more years? Let's see at the end of the year what we have at RB.

25 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Biggest take away for me... Andrew Harris is still much better than any RB we have... and most other RBs in the league... if he plays even 14 games this year, it'll be a miss by our management. 

We know he's still capable but you can understand the problem they had to deal with when you have 2 younger Canadian rbs and a 35 year old running back with unknown amounts of gas left in the tank. I'd kill to have Harris in our backfield but that ship has sailed and we're 4-0. Correct our current issues instead of wondering what it coulda been.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

At the tailgate. Lots of people pissed that we didn't go for 2.

I am telling them that in all fairness, we oughtn't have been within 2 points. The Football Gods are cruel. Sometimes they are fair.

See you next time.

Serious question. They have enough fans for tailgate parties at Argo games?

53 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Those were audibles by Zach at the line, which he admitted to on OB after the game. There were called runs and he checked out of them at the line based on what the D lined up with.

If nothing else, McCrae had a number of stellar pick ups in pass pro. Great to see given his size.

I didn't want to say anything in game because I don't know anything about anything, but everyone screaming about Bucks play calls.... How do you know what he called?? I wondered about ZC being able to change the calls and sure enough that's what it seems like. The only point I'm making is that none of us has any clue what is going on out there.... 

Just thinking of a random shower thought, who has been more important to the Bombers; Adam Bighill (won 2/3 dpoty awards) who's been our defensive pillar or Andrew Harris ( grey Cup Mvp,most valuable Canadian,multiple rushing titles). I know they play on two different sides of the ball but both have been immensely important to our current run,have fun with this.

Edited by Nolby

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I didn't want to say anything in game because I don't know anything about anything, but everyone screaming about Bucks play calls.... How do you know what he called?? I wondered about ZC being able to change the calls and sure enough that's what it seems like. The only point I'm making is that none of us has any clue what is going on out there.... 

Of course, but the accolades and blame always falls on the guy in charge.

Even if ZC is checking the play, he's doing that within the framework of Buck's offence. And we've seen both the primary play and the check play look like nothing for 4 games now...

No run game.....lucky to get to 200 yards passing.....whatever is going on, whoever is calling the plays...it needs to improve tremendously.

Edited by Jesse

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

seems like these fans know enough to figure out the offensive (pun intended) problems. We have minimal rushing results and the passing game aint nearly fearsome enough. 

Yet....we 4-0....go figure eh?

I'll take that anyday while we sort it out and deal with injuries and find the right pieces to replace the guys we lost from last yr....scary part is we all know we will get better...and or find the right missing piece... That alone has to scare the crap outta teams...knowing we have gone undefeated while playing far from our best ball....and also with some key injuries

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'll take that anyday while we sort it out and deal with injuries and find the right pieces to replace the guys we lost from last yr....scary part is we all know we will get better...and or find the right missing piece... That alone has to scare the crap outta teams...knowing we have gone undefeated while playing far from our best ball....and also with some key injuries

Also haven't played any West teams yet...I mean, everyone is beating the East teams.

We played a team with a good collection of talent, that got embarrassed last week, on the road...and we won to go to 4-0.  Maybe its just me but I'm not seeing the problem. 

We are going to play some ugly games, every team does, getting a W out of them on the road, in a place we dont often win....I'll take it.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Also haven't played any West teams yet...I mean, everyone is beating the East teams.

The other West teams haven't played us either. I like our chances when we do.

Oh yeah. Forgot we were 4-0. Winning because the other teams poor execution is different than a dominating performance.  We CAN get better but that is only words. The squad has real work to do in many areas. It’s NOT a guarantee we WILL get better. Being bold, it’s only the Jeff’s, and Biggie that scare the crap out of other teams.  

4 minutes ago, Booch said: