BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS at Argos GDT

Nolby

3 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Those non-contact injuries are never good. 

I told the girlfriend the same thing,uses the Darian Durant example,drops back and then just drops to the turf without contact. I hope he tweaked something or twisted an ankle or knee but fearing the worst.

4 minutes ago, ddanger said:

said no one ever

Toronto wasn't great tho. I mean they had some help. Let's be real, the command center makes the right call and none of this is really talked about. I think you can argue the refs and command center made the game closer than it should have been. 

Bombers were more consistent through all 4 quarters. Argos no showed the first and were fighting amongst themselves 

Our o certainly needs to be better tho 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, bluto said:

At the tailgate. Lots of people pissed that we didn't go for 2.

I am telling them that in all fairness, we oughtn't have been within 2 points. The Football Gods are cruel. Sometimes they are fair.

See you next time.

That TD was sure questionable. But full marks to the Argos for making the Bombers look super beatable like they usually do.

10 minutes ago, bluto said:

At the tailgate. Lots of people pissed that we didn't go for 2.

I am telling them that in all fairness, we oughtn't have been within 2 points. The Football Gods are cruel. Sometimes they are fair.

See you next time.

I thought for sure that you would've gone for 2. 

10 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I told the girlfriend the same thing,uses the Darian Durant example,drops back and then just drops to the turf without contact. I hope he tweaked something or twisted an ankle or knee but fearing the worst.

I am too. I'm a Twitter doctor but I can't provide a diagnosis on this thread.

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Toronto wasn't great tho. I mean they had some help. Let's be real, the command center makes the right call and none of this is really talked about. I think you can argue the refs and command center made the game closer than it should have been. 

Bombers were more consistent through all 4 quarters. Argos no showed the first and were fighting amongst themselves 

Our o certainly needs to be better tho 

Toronto was horrible. They consistently gave us the ball. Over and over and over.

We should have had 40+ points tonight.

The fact that we couldn’t score and they were able to cobble together that come back is embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Toronto was horrible. They consistently gave us the ball. Over and over and over.

The fact that we couldn’t score and they were able to cobble together that come back is embarrassing.

This. The fact that the offense wasn't able to take advantage of numerous turnovers is why the game went to the wire. Even another major score would've iced this game a lot sooner, instead of having to rely on a tired defense to close it out. Or in this case, a kicker missing a convert.

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

It's admittedly, much, much easier to say this after a win - but I have full faith that both Walters and O'Shea are keenly aware if what the issues on this team are, and will have the team ready and firing come the stretch run in the fall.

Yes and no.

Yes they’re aware, but a lot of the aspects of “fixing it” are out of our control.

We have big issues on offence. This game was a classic " offence can't stay on the field" and " defence can't get off".

Trying to replace 5 guys from offence isn't easy and clearly we have some work to do, especially on the O'line. I'd sure love to see the film in the O'line room.  I'm worried that Yoshi is going to be unable to play in BC and I sure hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Plus the Argos were fighting one another on the sidelines. Just a L organization.  The Principal Pinball Clemons had to come down from the press box & sit in on the class their teacher Dinwiddie lost. Just like back in Grade 7. There's a reason why Hamilton got rid of Banks. We saw it tonight. Just a cancer of a player. Toxic. 

1 minute ago, ddanger said:

We have big issues on offence. This game was a classic " offence can't stay on the field" and " defence can't get off".

Trying to replace 5 guys from offence isn't easy and clearly we have some work to do, especially on the O'line. I'd sure love to see the film in the O'line room.  I'm worried that Yoshi is going to be unable to play in BC and I sure hope I'm wrong.

I'd rather have him healthy than playing at 60% Or worse. If he needs to sit for awhile then so be it. 

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yes and no.

Yes they’re aware, but a lot of the aspects of “fixing it” are out of our control.

How? We're 4 games into the season. The Pats could very easily cut Drew, we could very easily add or trade for an import, speedy receiver - which are a dime a dozen. BA is coming back too.

Yeah today was ugly and I was yelling at my TV like anyone, but holy hell give our coaches and management their due and trust them to fix it. They aren't idiots.

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

How? We're 4 games into the season. The Pats could very easily cut Drew, we could very easily add or trade for an import, speedy receiver - which are a dime a dozen. BA is coming back too.

Yeah today was ugly and I was yelling at my TV like anyone, but holy hell give our coaches and management their due and trust them to fix it. They aren't idiots.

I do trust them and obviously don’t think they’re idiots.

But the Pats cutting or keeping Drew is out of our control, BA’s health is out of our control, Chris Streveler choosing to return to the CFL is out of our control, etc.

I have faith that they’ll make good decisions when presented options, but we can’t force certain things to be available to us

Is the problem on offense being the new players or maybe we should be looking at Buck more so?

Like I said above... the screen pass is such a vanilla never works play and it feels like at times the team just plays it a bit safe.  It would be nice if they were to attack deep a bit more often,  they had the protection tonight to do it.

Also... we need more intensity on both sides.   Also calling Jeffcoat and Jefferson?  Where are you guys? 

Just now, Brandon said:

Is the problem on offense being the new players or maybe we should be looking at Buck more so?

Like I said above... the screen pass is such a vanilla never works play and it feels like at times the team just plays it a bit safe.  It would be nice if they were to attack deep a bit more often,  they had the protection tonight to do it.

Also... we need more intensity on both sides.   Also calling Jeffcoat and Jefferson?  Where are you guys? 

What the actual **** was with all of the screen plays?

Why is Zach even listening to Buck if that’s what’s being called in?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

What gets me are the posts wanting Buck outta here. Like, really??? C'mon to all those wanting him gone. Give your heads a shake. 

Just now, Brandon said:

The Jeffs spent a lot of the game in the non-called and enduring embrace of TO’s oline

I think Buck shelves a bunch of what they tried tonight.  If he starts repeatedly saying “we’re on the cusp” then I trust they will terminate immediately