Back 2 Back CHAMPS at Arblows Early Chat

Nolby

12 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I’m sure this was discussed when the schedule was released, but why in the hell are we playing on Monday?

I wasn’t on top of the schedule like I usually am, so I missed this…. I also see we play IN BC next Saturday.  Pretty weak.

this always happens with games in Toronto.....****** up scheduling. Likely something to do with avoiding the Jays or Toronto FC or something ridiculous like that. 

• Nolby changed the title to Back 2 Back CHAMPS at Arblows Early Chat
1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Toronto doesn't worry me. It's BC on a short week with a long travel that does.

Yeah...I agree on that....but I think we are veteran enough and talented deep enough not to look like the Riders and use that excuse...and they make that more than it is...a trip to edm from sask is hardly a chore...same time zone and what...an hour flight at most...now going from Winnipeg to t.o...then back home then going back across the country the other direction 2 times zones away is a diff story...and bet we won't look like hot garbage

2 hours ago, Booch said:

my gut tells me this is gonna be a bust out game for us....both sides of ball mind u the defense has already kinda came to form

I don’t thimk mbt will fair well vs our team. And I think our front 6 is gonna be up to kick Harris ass. 

56 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think they are terrified of getting Collaros killed with Augustine out there.  Augustine can block he just can't seem to figure out who to block.

yep. Only way he can block is if you put him directly up on his man and they don’t twist. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Toronto doesn't worry me. It's BC on a short week with a long travel that does.

That’s a valid point but I think bc is pumped up on bad teams and our defense will be the real challenge for them. 

Bored this evening so I'm watching old Bomber recaps on YouTube, and came across some games from 2018. If you have time to spare, watch a few and watch Andrew Harris. To say it's night and day compared to the Andrew Harris of 2022 would be an understatement, and you could argue even sad given the contrast.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Arbuckle was the one who beat us last year wasn't it,  he's the guy who gives us troubles.  MBT I thought we have a much better record against with him doing nothing until garbage time when he piles up the stats?

He did light us up with that big comeback win in 2019 i believe? That was the one where his ancestors were on the field with him. We seem to always play like dogshit against the Argos.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He did light us up with that big comeback win in 2019 i believe? That was the one where his ancestors were on the field with him. We seem to always play like dogshit against the Argos.

This. Hopefully this time around will be different 

14 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I don't get how it would be a "trap game". We haven't been world beaters and I don't think anyone looks at Toronto as a bottom-feeder at this point.

In the power rankings I'd have them quite low right now. They have not looked good this year.

Id also have Edmonton and Sask quite low as well. Sask is in a bit of trouble with their o line.

Winnipeg, BC, Calgary, Montreal, Ottawa, Hamilton, Sask, Toronto, Edmonton is how I'd have it right now.

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

In the power rankings I'd have them quite low right now. They have not looked good this year.

Id also have Edmonton and Sask quite low as well. Sask is in a bit of trouble with their o line.

Winnipeg, BC, Calgary, Montreal, Ottawa, Hamilton, Sask, Toronto, Edmonton is how I'd have it right now.

For sure, I just think it's too early to view any team as an easy out right now. 

We don't realy have a firm idea of who teams are.

You also have Hammy higher than I would.

15 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah...I agree on that....but I think we are veteran enough and talented deep enough not to look like the Riders and use that excuse...and they make that more than it is...a trip to edm from sask is hardly a chore...same time zone and what...an hour flight at most...now going from Winnipeg to t.o...then back home then going back across the country the other direction 2 times zones away is a diff story...and bet we won't look like hot garbage

I watched some of the highlights on B.C and yes they’ve been very impressive in the first two weeks of the season but I’m curious to see Rourke up against a good defense. I saw a lot of wide open receivers im talking like no defender within 20 yards, and a lot of balls that were thrown off where the receiver has to make a good play on those balls. These are throws that most certainly wouldn’t have been caught with an active defender in the area. Like kudos to Rourke for hitting the open receiver but he wasn’t all that accurate with his deep balls, we’ll see how he plays with some pressure in his face, and capable DB’s defending. 

18 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I watched some of the highlights on B.C and yes they’ve been very impressive in the first two weeks of the season but I’m curious to see Rourke up against a good defense. I saw a lot of wide open receivers im talking like no defender within 20 yards, and a lot of balls that were thrown off where the receiver has to make a good play on those balls. These are throws that most certainly wouldn’t have been caught with an active defender in the area. Like kudos to Rourke for hitting the open receiver but he wasn’t all that accurate with his deep balls, we’ll see how he plays with some pressure in his face, and capable DB’s defending. 

Against Edmonton too it was a case of the Lks not being able to stop the run at all. That helps a qb big time.

yeah...Rourke has had 2 good matchups....a Elks team that was totally in disarray and T.O that looked and played like crap....have never seen so many recievers with no defenders near them...will be interesting to see what an actual defense and a team with their crap together will do...Ottawa will be a better barometer....way too early to anoint him a superstar...especially when there is actual game film on him now and his tendencies are noted, that and his weaknesses and strong points...