Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

Frequently, especially when I'm busy, I like to separate fact from opinion. What makes this site so enjoyable is the opinions and disagreements that we find from our members. However sometimes I just am not interested in opinion. I want to know what's changing for our next game. New injuries, recovering from past injuries, possible replacements and other moves the coaches might make is all that really matters to me sometimes.

I do not know what we all like best but the most important thing for me is the injury report and personnel changes. I am mainly interested in the Bombers but I don't mind hearing about what's happening around the league. So here goes: as a start.

"Attention now turns to Demski's injury, this O can't afford to lose anyone let alone him for considerable time"

"I don’t think it’ll be too serious. He was walking on it no boot or any thing. Worst case I would think a high ankle sprain that takes a couple weeks. "

So if Demski is out for the next game how do we change our lineup?

One of my chief interests is how Brandon Alexander is coming along. Has anybody seen him out on the practice field in the last week or so?

Did anyone notice if any of our other starters besides Demski got a little nicked up on Friday night?

Now I realize some of this is conjecture but we do have some excellent sleuths on this site, people who can see what MOS and the gang don't want to say. I would just like to know sooner than when we publish the game day roster.

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

Frequently, especially when I'm busy, I like to separate fact from opinion. What makes this site so enjoyable is the opinions and disagreements that we find from our members. However sometimes I just am not interested in opinion. I want to know what's changing for our next game. New injuries, recovering from past injuries, possible replacements and other moves the coaches might make is all that really matters to me sometimes.

I do not know what we all like best but the most important thing for me is the injury report and personnel changes. I am mainly interested in the Bombers but I don't mind hearing about what's happening around the league. So here goes: as a start.

"Attention now turns to Demski's injury, this O can't afford to lose anyone let alone him for considerable time"

"I don’t think it’ll be too serious. He was walking on it no boot or any thing. Worst case I would think a high ankle sprain that takes a couple weeks. "

So if Demski is out for the next game how do we change our lineup?

One of my chief interests is how Brandon Alexander is coming along. Has anybody seen him out on the practice field in the last week or so?

Did anyone notice if any of our other starters besides Demski got a little nicked up on Friday night?

Now I realize some of this is conjecture but we do have some excellent sleuths on this site, people who can see what MOS and the gang don't want to say. I would just like to know sooner than when we publish the game day roster.

This will all go in the pre game thread.... 

Only one I noticed was Demski

Seeing as Thompson has seems to fix the first game issues we technically could designate 2 national starters on defence....5 on offence so Demski spot could be taken up by an import....be interesting what say Harrison could do...bigger bodied guy who can stretch a defense...that being said I think O'Leary Orange could do the same...dude also has nice hands and could create mismatches...I liked that draft pick moment we took him as I had heard great things about him prior to the draft...he had NFL interest until injuries messed up his last few yrs

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Only one I noticed was Demski

Seeing as Thompson has seems to fix the first game issues we technically could designate 2 national starters on defence....5 on offence so Demski spot could be taken up by an import....be interesting what say Harrison could do...bigger bodied guy who can stretch a defense...that being said I think O'Leary Orange could do the same...dude also has nice hands and could create mismatches...I liked that draft pick moment we took him as I had heard great things about him prior to the draft...he had NFL interest until injuries messed up his last few yrs

If demski is out I think either Harrison or mccrae draw in. Orange was looking really good and that’d be nice to see continue too. 

rose could draw back in for this game too. I think all the other injuries are longer than week to week. 

54 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

O'Leary Orange looked very comfortable in there Friday. But Demski is a key play maker. We need to replace him with another play maker although not necessarily at receiver. Do we have a good US scatback sitting on the practice roster?

Mccrae😊

13 hours ago, BigBlue said:

O'Leary Orange looked very comfortable in there Friday. But Demski is a key play maker. We need to replace him with another play maker although not necessarily at receiver. Do we have a good US scatback sitting on the practice roster?

12 hours ago, bb1 said:

Mccrae😊

This. He’s tiny but dude is slick. They could weave him and grant into the office. 

24 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

No worries. Am I correct that we were starting 8 Canadians anyway so we had one to spare? 3 on the interior o-line, Demski, Woli, and the RB spot (or the FB spot if we go only 4 receivers), and on defence the safety and one of the nose tackle spots?

Yes, much to Booch's chagrin...ha ha. 

3 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

He's a RB, do we even know if he can run routes or catch the ball?  Some can't.

He’s a kr with a strong pedigree. He should be viable. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Yes, much to Booch's chagrin...ha ha. 

I’d rather start 7 too but it is what it is. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

nothing against Canadians...but if you dont need to...why?...thats my one Osh complaint....weird at times roster decisions and moves....

i still think it's inevitable our running back position gets flipped & maybe that's why they start 8 Canadians. I know our OL is struggling with the run game & maybeit's unfair to dump our lack of production on Oliveira & Augustine but status quo won't work because right now our run game is a non existent threat that wiil eventually grind down our passing game. It's easier to replace a running back than an OL. I just can't see Oliveira suddenly becoming a threat out of the backfield. He is what he is.

yeah....can see that being a reason....that and or the inevitable BA return...and a real issue I think is they trying to do too much, nobody is hitting it like they did last year...and it's not an O-line push issue...or lack there of....I think they trying to do too much and are in their own heads....also the lack of backfield motion and misdirection we used last year, and incorporating sweeps hasn't helped....

That being said.....I would give it 2 more games and if no real spark is generated, I would like to see the Import back DI'd and used to mix it up

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

No worries. Am I correct that we were starting 8 Canadians anyway so we had one to spare? 3 on the interior o-line, Demski, Woli, and the RB spot (or the FB spot if we go only 4 receivers), and on defence the safety and one of the nose tackle spots?

They also often had a Canadian come on for Dalton Schoen when they ran their heavy packages. I'm sure that will change this week and it will be O'Leary Orange being the one to come off.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

nothing against Canadians...but if you dont need to...why?...thats my one Osh complaint....weird at times roster decisions and moves....

Doesn't really restrict anything.  All they declare are DI's, QB's and Globals.  The one import who isn't a DI but is a "backup" is for all intents and purposes a starter.

Do we have an import receiver who is better than Demski or Wolitarsky?

The only spot we can really complain about is tailback but didn't seem like they really gave the Americans in camp much of a shot to win the job.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

i still think it's inevitable our running back position gets flipped & maybe that's why they start 8 Canadians. I know our OL is struggling with the run game & maybeit's unfair to dump our lack of production on Oliveira & Augustine but status quo won't work because right now our run game is a non existent threat that wiil eventually grind down our passing game. It's easier to replace a running back than an OL. I just can't see Oliveira suddenly becoming a threat out of the backfield. He is what he is.

Oliviera is fine but it would be nice to pair him with an American who has a little more burst.  Can see they are terrified to have Augustine out there much with his blocking issues.

Could easily DI a back who can return a bit and sub in for one of the American receivers, dress another Canadian receiver to sub/use Miller more at H-back.

Never said it restricts....just sometimes doesn't make sense....and they need to declare before game how many nationals are to be on field on each side of ball...so based in what we have seen and players taking snaps we declare 6 on offence and 1 on defense...and just have that extra there for ...I'm not sure...they should declare 5 and 2 and dress that extra import reciever or RB as a DI and he could come into the offense freely...to me that would make sense...we have enough talented Canadians who we could use as the extra db and in game replacement to facilitate that...

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

I COULD look up on the roster/PR who we have for import running backs and receivers ... is there anybody sitting on there that could be a difference maker or a big play guy?

The one imp wr and rb. The wr Harrison had the long td in pre season. He’s a big speedy down field guy. And mcrae. Whose like 175lbs very slight build shifty explosive back. Both did some return duty. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Never said it restricts....just sometimes doesn't make sense....and they need to declare before game how many nationals are to be on field on each side of ball...so based in what we have seen and players taking snaps we declare 6 on offence and 1 on defense...and just have that extra there for ...I'm not sure...they should declare 5 and 2 and dress that extra import reciever or RB as a DI and he could come into the offense freely...to me that would make sense...we have enough talented Canadians who we could use as the extra db and in game replacement to facilitate that...

Hard to go 5 and 2 without Briggs IMO.  Thompson goes down and then what?  We have a couple DT's, guess they could play the whole game.  We don't have any Canadian DE's.  Hallett or Gauthier have to play every snap then with one of the Canadian DT's.  You'd basically have to move Bighill to safety.

Kramda hasn't played a regular season snap on D yet but is an interesting player.  Cadwallader has played a little bit in garbage time last year and this year.

MOS philosophy is definitely to have the flexibility on D as opposed to offense.  The trump card for years has been Harris though.  We don't have that level of production from a Canadian back now.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules