Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

1 minute ago, do or die said:

The consensus on Riderfans....is that Adams is garbage.
Which of course, means that he might be useful.....

I recall last yr them singing his praises on occasion....so tae all with grain of salt

I do tho think he needs to be more disciplined in his play....not penalty and ****** baggery wise...but assignment and techwise...tho that could also improve with better coaching and scheme...and all around environment, as it is light years advanced here....once he up to speed on our system he likely slots in as a rotational guy, like we have done for last few yrs here...and I good with that

1 hour ago, Booch said:

again...not liking that depth chart...right side of secondary is weak sauce...again...no real DE to rotate...same guy as last game and he never even saw the field...and is he even a true d-end?...weak inexperienced right side of the db back field...Wil is a total joke....and dressing an extra OL again...of whom will not even really make an impact, let alone even see the field...like whats the point...for all Osh's good things...his use of the roster/ratio and who he dresses more times than not is garbage...almost surprising we been as successful as we have been

Only grant as a back up wr, no real back up de, and still no one to play nose. It’s a good thing Hickson is out. He could’ve racked up stupid yards vs us. 

we did use couture at tackle in heavy set and Dobson inside which is some thing. But yeah. Have to think they are really easing couture back into action maybe hoping he will be good to go for the play offs. 

this roster has a lot of holes on d. It’s sad that we haven’t managed to fill de nt or wil spots all year. 
I’m worried about our front 6 in this one. 

40 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Only grant as a back up wr, no real back up de, and still no one to play nose. It’s a good thing Hickson is out. He could’ve racked up stupid yards vs us. 

we did use couture at tackle in heavy set and Dobson inside which is some thing. But yeah. Have to think they are really easing couture back into action maybe hoping he will be good to go for the play offs. 

this roster has a lot of holes on d. It’s sad that we haven’t managed to fill de nt or wil spots all year. 
I’m worried about our front 6 in this one. 

I'm concerned about or front as well...and 2/5ths of the secondary....and the fact ne real viable/legit backup really at any posotion on defence...baffling.....thank god it's against the train wreck Riders, or this could be a putrid game ..again..........and even against the Riders I dont have a good feeling....thankfully the offence is basically intact save for Ellingson..who hasn't played in a while anyway and we done well....gonna prob need to put up at least 30+ points to have a shot at winning with what we trotting out on defense....not sure what Osh and the gang are doing on that side of the ball, but not impressed or happy in the least bit....and I recall when he took off the extra d-ends...cause he said "they were gonna try something different"...well we have basically been pourus since that...so time to snap back to reality and what worked

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'm concerned about or front as well...and 2/5ths of the secondary....and the fact ne real viable/legit backup really at any posotion on defence...baffling.....thank god it's against the train wreck Riders, or this could be a putrid game ..again..........and even against the Riders I dont have a good feeling....thankfully the offence is basically intact save for Ellingson..who hasn't played in a while anyway and we done well....gonna prob need to put up at least 30+ points to have a shot at winning with what we trotting out on defense....not sure what Osh and the gang are doing on that side of the ball, but not impressed or happy in the least bit....and I recall when he took off the extra d-ends...cause he said "they were gonna try something different"...well we have basically been pourus since that...so time to snap back to reality and what worked

normally our adjustments on defense mid season have been clutch in the mafia era. This year is we’ve back slid heavily. But because we’ve won we just keep making the same mistakes. We don’t keep guys fresh and we don’t gap cancel properly. It’s soo frustrating. I would hope that getting punched in the mouth by a crap Hamilton team wakes us up. But the depth chart doesn’t look like it.

The thing that kept the Dickinson stamps on top for soooo long is that they made the right hard decisions quickly. I think this coming off season no matter how this season plays out the bombers have to make some hard choices and changes. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

normally our adjustments on defense mid season have been clutch in the mafia era. This year is we’ve back slid heavily. But because we’ve won we just keep making the same mistakes. We don’t keep guys fresh and we don’t gap cancel properly. It’s soo frustrating. I would hope that getting punched in the mouth by a crap Hamilton team wakes us up. But the depth chart doesn’t look like it.

The thing that kept the Dickinson stamps on top for soooo long is that they made the right hard decisions quickly. I think this coming off season no matter how this season plays out the bombers have to make some hard choices and changes. 

We are 12-2. If we win the Grey Cup we will be the most successful franchise since the early 80's. I would suspect that our management, and coaches would try for continuity in that event. Why would we be looking at big changes with a three-peat in our pocket? Our team got cocky last week, and took the week off, let's hold off on the doom and gloom. We are by far the best team in this league.

Just now, GCn20 said:

We are 12-2. If we win the Grey Cup we will be the most successful franchise since the early 80's. I would suspect that our management, and coaches would try for continuity in that event. Why would we be looking at big changes with a three-peat in our pocket? Our team got cocky last week, and took the week off, let's hold off on the doom and gloom. We are by far the best team in this league.

OH I agree...in record and fact bar none we are the top team...thats undisputed, and that loss on the defensive side of the ball was a big brain fart and a combination of things...the cocky and riding on laurels part is correctable, and I am sure addressed...but...big but that hasnt been addressed or fixed... the poor roster management...lack of depth in some key areas....for a while now actually forcing us to start 2 guys in secondary that should have no reason to be there whatsoever, the lack of rotational depth on the dline...which was our bread and butter when we rotated 8 guys, and many sets with 4 true d-ends which totally effed us vs Hamilton....and the fact we roster guys as DI's who don't see the field save for ST play is not a good thing...and has left us quite vulnerable and exploitable....and been exploited.....if u have no faith to use them on defense...or never planned to...then why even dress them?....makes no sense....yeah I get the nice guy thing...high character FIFO..whatever u wanna term it schtick...but if that prevents you from rostering guys who can actually play a role on defence/offence, or they are playing in place of more talented guys...then thats just garbage...

good example in this game coming up...if Willie goes down...or Wilcotts....we screwed...same with say Sayles...or Jake.....then we have all our dlineman basically playing every snap...again...and or a guy out of position...

1 minute ago, Booch said:

OH I agree...in record and fact bar none we are the top team...thats undisputed, and that loss on the defensive side of the ball was a big brain fart and a combination of things...the cocky and riding on laurels part is correctable, and I am sure addressed...but...big but that hasnt been addressed or fixed... the poor roster management...lack of depth in some key areas....for a while now actually forcing us to start 2 guys in secondary that should have no reason to be there whatsoever, the lack of rotational depth on the dline...which was our bread and butter when we rotated 8 guys, and many sets with 4 true d-ends which totally effed us vs Hamilton....and the fact we roster guys as DI's who don't see the field save for ST play is not a good thing...and has left us quite vulnerable and exploitable....and been exploited.....if u have no faith to use them on defense...or never planned to...then why even dress them?....makes no sense....yeah I get the nice guy thing...high character FIFO..whatever u wanna term it schtick...but if that prevents you from rostering guys who can actually play a role on defence/offence, or they are playing in place of more talented guys...then thats just garbage...

good example in this game coming up...if Willie goes down...or Wilcotts....we screwed...same with say Sayles...or Jake.....then we have all our dlineman basically playing every snap...again...and or a guy out of position...

I am concerned about our DL too. Cody Fajardo likes to jackrabbit backwards 20 yards before being caught. That takes a lot of wind out of our big guys on the DL. 

Just dropping by to say 12-2 two-time defending Grey Cup champions. Not quite ready to trash the Coach of the Year for his inexcusable piss poor roster management just yet after one road loss, given the injuries to starters, back-ups, and back-ups to back-ups in certain positions so far. Hopelessly naive or too optimistic? Maybe, maybe not, but they are better coaches and GMs on the field than I am behind a keyboard, so who am I to judge?

52 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Just dropping by to say 12-2 two-time defending Grey Cup champions. Not quite ready to trash the Coach of the Year for his inexcusable piss poor roster management just yet after one road loss, given the injuries to starters, back-ups, and back-ups to back-ups in certain positions so far. Hopelessly naive or too optimistic? Maybe, maybe not, but they are better coaches and GMs on the field than I am behind a keyboard, so who am I to judge?

You're literally the only one judging anyone.

58 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Yeah it's fair to question how they use the roster. Injuries have hampered the roster right now and some of the decisions and player usage are puzzling. We are coming off an abysmal defensive showing against a previously useless offense... so yes the Bombers aren't above being questioned.

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah it's fair to question how they use the roster. Injuries have hampered the roster right now and some of the decisions and player usage are puzzling. We are coming off an abysmal defensive showing against a previously useless offense... so yes the Bombers aren't above being questioned.

Sure it’s fair to question. But some of the rhetoric like “weak sauce”, “total joke”, “garbage”, “putrid”, “porous”, “piss poor” and “inexcusable” seems a little over the top after one lopsided loss, given the overall success of the team. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Sure it’s fair to question. But some of the rhetoric like “weak sauce”, “total joke”, “garbage”, “putrid”, “porous”, “piss poor” and “inexcusable” seems a little over the top after one lopsided loss, given the overall success of the team. 

many posters myself included have said this stuff about what you mentioned for some time now....even last yr....its not just after this one loss....and if u can't see how poorly the roster has been structured at times..and the waste of roster space for 3...4 guys to just stand there all game then you aint looking

1 minute ago, Booch said:

many posters myself included have said this stuff about what you mentioned for some time now....even last yr....its not just after this one loss....and if u can't see how poorly the roster has been structured at times..and the waste of roster space for 3...4 guys to just stand there all game then you aint looking

I come here for this insight. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I come here for this insight. 

so much this. Having never played organized football at any point in my life, I come here for Booch posts (and JBR and some others who have coached and played and clearly understand minutiae) 

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

we had the same roster management issues before the gc wins. 

Because as it is we are significantly diminished from last year. What do you think this teams off season looks like? Our best wr gone to the nfl our struggling ol another year older. We are going to see the biggest coaching turn over in the off season the bombers brain Trust will be highly targeted. 

do you remember what happened following the 2001 grey cup loss? That’s what happens if you don’t grow every year. 

look at the drop off in play on our ol And dl play from one year to the next. 

Open question for the group:

Is last week’s loss:

(a) just a one off, no need to overreact

(b) a sign that the house of cards this team has been is now collapsing

I assume there is a middle ground “c” choice (concern there) but again some of the rhetoric seems anything g but moderate. Thoughts? Was this just one bad loss, or have we finally been exposed?

6 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah I know what that is...duHHHH....I did play the game and all....I was just saying as to how it is presented in the depth chart, for those who may not know that...makes it easier to not confuse.....

and teams have never used left and right btw...none Ive been involved with anyway

I believe port and starboard are better.

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Open question for the group:

Is last week’s loss:

(a) just a one off, no need to overreact

(b) a sign that the house of cards this team has been is now collapsing

I assume there is a middle ground “c” choice (concern there) but again some of the rhetoric seems anything g but moderate. Thoughts? Was this just one bad loss, or have we finally been exposed?

(C) a sign that even teams with solid depth eventually find the end of it and a depleted roster eventually starts to cost you in the win column.