Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

Mancuso also shown on tv laughing about a time count violation on a convert… cue the cut to Osh with the easy lip reading “what the f!!ck are we doing”…

taking a penalty as an honest error is one thing.  Taking a penalty on special teams, potentially costing points and laughing about it on this FIFO team is ☠️ at the next opportunity.

On 2022-08-02 at 3:49 PM, greenrider55 said:

I wonder what happens with Desjarlais… lots of competition in New England but reportedly looking good in camp so far.

I don’t expect him back anytime soon… I heard somewhere (can’t remember where now) that even if he doesn’t make the pats, he’s likely to bounce around the nfl a bit… generally teams will agree that if Bill Belichick saw something (anything) in him… he’s good enough for a look. 

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I don’t expect him back anytime soon… I heard somewhere (can’t remember where now) that even if he doesn’t make the pats, he’s likely to bounce around the nfl a bit… generally teams will agree that if Bill Belichick saw something (anything) in him… he’s good enough for a look. 

I really wouldn't expect any NFL cuts back in season anymore unless they are truly done with the NFL.

By the time they get cut and decide to come north they'll have 3-4 games to play here plus playoffs.

$150,000 prorated plus playoffs is like less than $50,000 Canadian.  If they got on a NFL PR they'd make more than that in 2 weeks.  Better to wait and see.

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

Desjarlais might be the most physical guard I’ve ever seen. Dude wanted to get violent every play, which is totally NFL style.

2 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Desjarlais might be the most physical guard I’ve ever seen. Dude wanted to get violent every play, which is totally NFL style.

Been following the Patriots and haven't heard too much news on Drew,that's good on the field but probably not great in pre season.

6 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I really wouldn't expect any NFL cuts back in season anymore unless they are truly done with the NFL.

By the time they get cut and decide to come north they'll have 3-4 games to play here plus playoffs.

$150,000 prorated plus playoffs is like less than $50,000 Canadian.  If they got on a NFL PR they'd make more than that in 2 weeks.  Better to wait and see.

if they not on a roster they make nothing...and the guys who go try...with no upfront money get nothing until they season starts and they a0 make the team or b) make a PR or c) get an injury settlement and are cut loose....so therin is the rub...a guy could try....get released...have a few workouts here and there but no PR spot as he keeps trying and make jack squat...so yeah it can be a beneficial $$ venture, but and only if u sit on a PR all yr...trying out...going to last cut...then trying to find a new spot...could take u well into aug...sept...and u made nothing, foregoing your CFL salary if you would have choose to re-up

If we start Ellington, who do we dump? A DB? McRae? I do not know who is our current RB backup...  Could it be Dempski? Any chance of Augustine   dressing Thursday? Is Harrison more important for rotation than McRae? Is our experiment with Grant over?

Looks like we are starting  an awesome set of receivers on Thursday!

Edited by BigBlue

3 hours ago, BigBlue said:

If we start Ellington, who do we dump? A DB? McRae? I do not know who is our current RB backup...  Could it be Dempski? Any chance of Augustine   dressing Thursday? Is Harrison more important for rotation than McRae? Is our experiment with Grant over?

Looks like we are starting  an awesome set of receivers on Thursday!

Harrison likely. I don’t think he’s seen one snap or any st reps. Mcrae can do a lot of different jobs as a back up atleast. No chance it’s demski. Augustine has been dressing just not getting reps. I would expect that to continue.  Grant probably goes back to not starting but maybe gets used rotationally in a sub package. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm not sure about the roster spot (and really doesn't matter) but Ellingson for Grant in the receiving corps is a pretty easy swap to make. Take a random Import off the game day roster and away you go. 

I’m sure it’ll be Ellingson in for Harrison and Grant will go back to returns only

Yeah Harrison out...Ellingson in as Mcrae can play several spots on offence...return and is on kick coverage....Grant will be primarily a returner now, tho would hope he comes in for certain packages, and gives teams the threat he will run a sweep, and also run them...will keep the defenses honest

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah Harrison out...Ellingson in as Mcrae can play several spots on offence...return and is on kick coverage....Grant will be primarily a returner now, tho would hope he comes in for certain packages, and gives teams the threat he will run a sweep, and also run them...will keep the defenses honest

His sweeps are exciting.