Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

3 hours ago, BomberfanMKS said:

The kicking game has certainly not been a point of weakness so far this season - happy with his performance so far - Kicking 88% through the uprights is more than good enough.

Until he misses a critical one. 

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't agree.  Suddenly we're having Wade Miller having to come to the sideline to break up fights.  No thank you.

Pinball za trend setter. 

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yup - just ask John Schneider and Buddy Leake.

Trying to think of one, especially in the O'Shea era anyway....who would fall into this category?  

Does E.J. Kuale count?

I have not heard one inkling of a rumor that Awe is a locker room problem of any sort. Is he dirty? Perhaps. Is he a good football player? yep. FIFO is more about fitting in the locker room. We have had players who are a bit dirty before. This is not new and they fit FIFO just fine. I don't see Awe as being a head case, or taking dumb penalties because of brain cramps. His dirtiness is more a result of being nasty, and coaches and team mates can overlook that. 

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

I have not heard one inkling of a rumor that Awe is a locker room problem of any sort. Is he dirty? Perhaps. Is he a good football player? yep. FIFO is more about fitting in the locker room. We have had players who are a bit dirty before. This is not new and they fit FIFO just fine. I don't see Awe as being a head case, or taking dumb penalties because of brain cramps. His dirtiness is more a result of being nasty, and coaches and team mates can overlook that. 

yeah...he's not a locker room issue....and isnt dirty...played hard and fast, and has adapted to the new way of pummeling ball carriers....he would be an excellent pickup if Wilson is down for year....if there is a talented player available to improve our team...you grab them regardless of who/what u already have...thats how good teams stay good

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...he's not a locker room issue....and isnt dirty...played hard and fast, and has adapted to the new way of pummeling ball carriers....he would be an excellent pickup if Wilson is down for year....if there is a talented player available to improve our team...you grab them regardless of who/what u already have...thats how good teams stay good

Definitely won't hurt us to bring him in,the more the merrier when it comes to trying to fill a crucial position.

Edited by Nolby

With Montreal first firing Tre Watson and then signing Michael Awe, MOS and company showed no committed interest to hiring either one of them. Bringing veterans in mid season just does not seem to be the Bombers style. Develop, develop and develop from the start of the season opener's roster.

Only Castilio comes to my mind in recent times.

Go Clements!

7 hours ago, BigBlue said:

With Montreal first firing Tre Watson and then signing Michael Awe, MOS and company showed no committed interest to hiring either one of them. Bringing veterans in mid season just does not seem to be the Bombers style. Develop, develop and develop from the start of the season opener's roster.

Go Clements!

There was this QB they traded for. 

4 hours ago, JCon said:

There was this QB they traded for. 

Damn it man- Why do you have to bring up Drew Wily every chance you get? You guys related?

12 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Go Clements!

I suspect that Awe was approached and a contract was drawn up before Tre was released- Tre got picked up by the "L"ks before the Bombers knew for certain that Wilson was going to be out for an extended period of time.

Sucks, but that's how it goes. 

On 2022-07-04 at 10:47 AM, Noeller said:

Lolololol at randos with 28 posts showing up here to clutch pearls about Legs missing 2 1-pt-ers....... the **** that rolls in here sometimes. 

How many posts before I earn your approval? 

If Leggs keeps up this performance, he's a great kicker. 

Edited by Plaxico

1 minute ago, BigBlue said:

Ottawa acquiring Arbuckle from Edmonton may be Lapo's salvation. He can shape him better there is more talent to work with.

Jones continues to burn his burn his bridges behind him.

yup....could be the season saver there....and he could be a nice fit in Lapo's system...dude does have talent...does he just need to be in right place?...guess we will see....and this makes it less likely that they can or will go real hard at Streveler if he comes available 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yup....could be the season saver there....and he could be a nice fit in Lapo's system...dude does have talent...does he just need to be in right place?...guess we will see....and this makes it less likely that they can or will go real hard at Streveler if he comes available 

Masoli out for 10 or 12 weeks certainly adds to Ottawas motivation to grab a guy we would be more than happy to have. Lapo does have an existing relationship with him. 

https://www.ottawaredblacks.com/2022/07/11/redblacks-acquire-qb-nick-arbuckle-from-elks/

The Ottawa REDBLACKS have traded their fourth-round selection in the 2023 CFL Draft to the Edmonton Elks, in exchange for quarterback Nick Arbuckle, the team announced today.

“We’re pleased to be able to add Nick to our locker room at this point of the season,” said REDBLACKS General Manager Shawn Burke. “He’s an experienced player in our league and we look forward to having him on our side as a member of the RNation family.”

Arbuckle, 28, is a veteran of four CFL seasons, having signed with the Calgary Stampeders in 2017, and winning a Grey Cup with the team the following season. He briefly joined the REDBLACKS in 2020 via trade, but with the season lost to the COVID-19 pandemic, Arbuckle moved on to the Toronto Argonauts, and was traded to the Elks in 2021.

All told, the Oxnard, California native has appeared in 48 CFL games, completing 361 passes for 4,297 yards, and 19 touchdowns.