Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

5 hours ago, BBlink said:

First thing that came to mind was some kind of FIFO thing. But maybe it is a combination of

- Rose/Alexander coming back

- Houston showing he is more than capable of playing field side corner

- Glass not wanting to be on the PR

Think you nailed it. Rose back to full health Houston handily outplayed glass glass probably refused pr spot. And refusing a pr spot is kinda anti fifo. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Think you nailed it. Rose back to full health Houston handily outplayed glass glass probably refused pr spot. And refusing a pr spot is kinda anti fifo. 

Holm might factor into the decision as well. O'Shea mentioned wanting to give the young guys a chance. Glass makes too much and they like the young guys better

15 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

My only concern is that we are a little bit thin. Rose is coming off an injury and wasn't able to excel in the first two games. Who's the next man up if Rose continues to struggle or has an injury set back.

Given his track record why worry at all about whether or not Kyle walters can find a DB?

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Given his track record why worry at all about whether or not Kyle walters can find a DB?

I was saying to Wes last weekend.... I'm so scarred from years of us never being able to recruit anyone at any position, that I still have a hard time trusting that our new players are any good. Watching Rutledge last weekend be really good, and I'm like "what if we actually have good young players coming up that can fit in seamlessly so that we never have a drop off when someone gets hurt....??" It's almost hard to imagine.... 

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

I was saying to Wes last weekend.... I'm so scarred from years of us never being able to recruit anyone at any position, that I still have a hard time trusting that our new players are any good. Watching Rutledge last weekend be really good, and I'm like "what if we actually have good young players coming up that can fit in seamlessly so that we never have a drop off when someone gets hurt....??" It's almost hard to imagine.... 

I know exactly what you mean. 

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

there are a few positions needing improvement in the current edition of this squad. 

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

I was concerned about the amount of DB's we kept after camp (compared to WR's) but you can't argue with their track record in that area. 

We've lost key guys (Sayles, Alford, Rose & Alexander for a couple periods) in the secondary but it hasn't really affected us too badly.

13 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

If it was just based on performance they would have cut Rose, Glass has played well for the most part, something else influenced this decision.

Rose had a great track record prior to this season. Glass was never looked upon as an all-star or elite ever.

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

there are a few positions needing improvement in the current edition of this squad. 

Exactly. 

This is what we need. We have some positions that were unsettled, and we needed guys to take those roles. Houston just did that.

Hopefully something else happens along the OL and BA comes back at in his previous form.

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

Exactly. 

This is what we need. We have some positions that were unsettled, and we needed guys to take those roles. Houston just did that.

Hopefully something else happens along the OL and BA comes back at in his previous form.

In addition, I’m not completely satisfied with the RB impact. Is it the player or the scheme. 

Liam Dobson is turning out to be rookie. I am not sure about his learning curve but it is nothing like Elks QB Ford. We have a fantastic line coach in Marty Costello so I guess he just needs more adjustment to the Pro game. I would love to see this bruiser at center or guard because he feels like the "Stove", just on the other side of the ball. So the two new yanks may give us the right stuff that we need now.

Edited by BigBlue

9 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Liam Dobson is turning out to be rookie. I am not sure about his learning curve but it is nothing like Elks QB Ford. We have a fantastic line coach in Marty Costello so I guess he just needs more adjustment to the Pro game. I would love to see this bruiser at center or guard because he feels like the "Stove", just on the other side of the ball. So the two new yanks may give us the right stuff that we need now.

Wha? How can you compare the development of a OL to that of QB? Lol. Also the 2 new yanks won't dress for a game this year outside of injury.

I wouldn't say only...he played in tackle position in college...he just needs to see more reps with the yard off the ball and also how in Canadian game dlines will widen out...but I also agree...we need to groom him as a beastly guard...that's where he will become a perennial allstar

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I wouldn't say only...he played in tackle position in college...he just needs to see more reps with the yard off the ball and also how in Canadian game dlines will widen out...but I also agree...we need to groom him as a beastly guard...that's where he will become a perennial allstar

Yeah most of the OL who get here have played tackle at lower levels.  But then they need the ability to take on athletes like Jeffcoat and the mobility to force a 190 lb SAM who runs a 4.4 wide enough to hold a pocket.

I think Dobson is a force going forward out of his stance but doesn’t look at all like he has the kick to pass block the edge at this level.

Like you said he needs the work inside because even there in pass protection he’s going to have to get used to doing more than using brute force.

On 2022-07-01 at 10:49 PM, Rod Black said:

Offensive tweaking I think is what we need before bringing in talent. Defense just needs to clean up deep plays but otherwise it's playing at a dominant level. I just thought they would've kept Glass for depth but I'm just a schmo,what do I know.

Well....losing his salary...Prokops on the 6 and not coming off..and possibly released shortly after...Couture 6 figures on the 6..BA's on the 6....we definitely will have NFL cut money to play with...and am sure we had some socked away anyway..as we always do...plus we still have whatever we offered Harris...and the difference from what Adams made compare to Schoens salary..we be sitting good

59 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well....losing his salary...Prokops on the 6 and not coming off..and possibly released shortly after...Couture 6 figures on the 6..BA's on the 6....we definitely will have NFL cut money to play with...and am sure we had some socked away anyway..as we always do...plus we still have whatever we offered Harris...and the difference from what Adams made compare to Schoens salary..we be sitting good

If things don't work out with Strev down south, I'm certain he's gonna be a Bomber again....