Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

4 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I just saw this,they go from a couple games now to the 6 game? Maybe anothwr opinion changed things? Does their salary go against the cap if they're 6 gamed?

if they stay for the full 6 games, it doesn't...... but they can pull him off there early and then the salary will count. 

42 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I just saw this,they go from a couple games now to the 6 game? Maybe anothwr opinion changed things? Does their salary go against the cap if they're 6 gamed?

Their salary does not count against the cap if they stay out the six games. I bet he could come back earlier (guessing), which means his full salary would count for each of the games he missed. 

But, I suspect this is to open up a roster spot and hedge in case he is gone six. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Bond...Maybe Ibisi?..

Iirc bond came from some where else idk if he played though. After checking bond started 2 nfl games before coming north and technically wasn’t a rookie. Damn Benedict ibis Is a deep cut. Maybe right though. 

Speaking of I wonder if he’s in shape. 31 and not too much wear it we need a ground moving guard. 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Think he only played here in 2002 after Brandon Dyson got suspended and wanted to get paid.

I ****** up typing... I meant Bond was a Gapper before Wpg. 

8 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

The Elks had a decent chance of knocking off the Ti-Cats with Arbuckle coming off an improved performance against the Stamps, but this move makes absolutely no sense.

i can tell you from having a son who played qb at SFU that went thru just that a lot of coaches blame the qbs for losses & nobody else. They think that changing qbs will somehow inspire the troops to new highs. Usually it doesn't & creates nothing but factions on a team. Jones is that kind of coach. 

Finding OL talent ! So maybe MOS wants 3 yanks on the OL? I had high hopes for Gray but am disappointed. Maybe swapping Gray and Hardrick at G & T could be toyed with at practice.

Still MOS is loathe to make any starter changes except when someone gets hurt... then we hear "next up". It seems more like a style than a plan to improve personnel. Develop the starters and let the rest of the roster get themselves ready: it has been working big time...

So far, so good!

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

The fact that it is sudden and surprising leads me to believe there is more there than just performance.

First thing that came to mind was some kind of FIFO thing. But maybe it is a combination of

- Rose/Alexander coming back

- Houston showing he is more than capable of playing field side corner

- Glass not wanting to be on the PR

11 minutes ago, BBlink said:

First thing that came to mind was some kind of FIFO thing. But maybe it is a combination of

Alexander isn't coming back for weeks yet. Could be they feel comfortable with Rene as the 6th?

They're not gonna just up and cut a guy who's been starting since day 1 of the season unless something happened off the field. There's almost no precedence for them straight up cutting a guy for performance based reasons. Something doesn't smell right here.... 

This week has been a mini bye week of sorts for the players.... I wonder if Glass went home for the week and something happened.... 

Edited by Noeller

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Maybe he just sucked and they want to save salary?

I can't recall him making any great plays so far and I know that he was burned a few times.   

If it was just based on performance they would have cut Rose, Glass has played well for the most part, something else influenced this decision.

Glass likely refused a PR spot.

Someone on that side of the field stunk for the first 10 quarters of the season.

Looked like Glass and Taylor were more in sync in the second half vs Hamilton but also had a bit of an easier go with the pass rush heating up.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Alexander isn't coming back for weeks yet. Could be they feel comfortable with Rene as the 6th?

Rene hasn’t even dressed yet.

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

this

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

also...with talk Mcrae may be on roster leads me to believe Rene is healed up and on roster...he's gonna be a gooder and versatile too