3 stars plus hh another tigernaught beat down.

wbbfan

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

In the way way to early awards rankings kyrie is modp imo. 

kola had some shakey snaps and struggled some.  The interior ol wasn’t great nuef struggled the most though. 

half a very good game for buck. A quarter and a half of pretty bad play call. The rest was solid. 

I thought Grey had a bit of a tough time ,especially in the first half.

9 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Man Houston showed up in a big way yesterday. Has great athleticism and fits in with the Dark Side

Gotta say Houston seems like a good guy. Saw him walkin' around at the Fan Day event when we picked our replica rings. Hadnt even officially made the team yet at that point and was already putting in his dues

Houston had a really good game.  Thought he  was in good position most of the time that allowed him to play real fast to the ball, especially compared to his spot duty last year.

Especially happy for him and his family, knowing they were in the stands for his first start of the season, which turned out to be a good one!

31 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Houston had a really good game.  Thought he  was in good position most of the time that allowed him to play real fast to the ball, especially compared to his spot duty last year.

Especially happy for him and his family, knowing they were in the stands for his first start of the season, which turned out to be a good one!

Yeh he stood out in a good way, maybe even our best db for the night

5 hours ago, Booch said:

I bet he's gonna have a sore back and neck....he incurred some serious whiplash action on that....and yeah...perfect timed clean hit well within the rule book....same with Houston's on the pick 6...that was Mike Jonesesque

That’s the type of hit that can haunt a guy and has them hearing footsteps. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Rose was fantastic last year. Never missed a beat when he came back. He's clearly hurt this year and hasn't been up to his usual standard. 

That’s always the go-to excuse for anyone performing below expectations lol.

Rose was not “fantastic” last year, he was ok at best, and certainly not up to his 2019 standards.

Edited by Yourface

28 minutes ago, Yourface said:

That’s always the go-to excuse for anyone performing below expectations lol.

Rose was not “fantastic” last year, he was ok at best, and certainly not up to his 2019 standards.

Rose: *makes CFL all time clutch tip play in OT of the Grey Cup to win the game*

"he was OK, imo"

Lmao, okay man.

1 hour ago, Yourface said:

He was ok, but certainly not as good as he was in 2019. I always thought he was our weakest link in the defensive backfield last year.

He stepped right into game action with basically just a few practices and not playing and actuual game in over a yr...and by 2nd game was pretty much lock down again

I'm late but here we go.

1. Leggs....thrilled with his play last night. A couple of booming punts, and all good on the field goals.

2. Whole defence. 1 touchdown given up in 3 games.  Willy, Jackson, Biggie, Kyrie just awesome.

3. Zack. Calm and cool under pressure. Woulda liked to see him get rid of the ball a little faster.

HH. Houston had a great game. Also glad for the return of Hansen, and awesome to see him taking some reps on the d line.

I am confused... I thought it wasn't Rose (playing hurt)  and it was all Thompsons fault for the first 2 games with the big plays?    That we had a crisis at Safety because it was all the new guys fault?   

Now some people are doing a 180 and saying Rose even sucked last year?  This site sure can jump on and off bandwagons on a weekly basis. 

Fun fact... Rose currently is tied at 7th in the league for defensive tackles.   A DB should not be near the top of the league in tackles.    Clearly the man is hurt and hopefully he doesn't return until he's fully healthy and can go at 100%.  Because when he is healthy he's damn good despite what now a few naysayers are saying.  

Rose obviously tried to play through it...and Thompson was an issue the first game but had been well coached up since and is playing the position way better....it's visually easy to see from being at the opener and last night...as well as what u could pick up on tv in second game.

Also...u can see some extra communicating and on field coaching by guys like Taylor and Wilson/Biggie to guys like Rutz and Glass...which has helped 3 fold...and gonna get evenn better once the General BA gets back on the field and an healthy Rose

On 2022-06-25 at 5:58 PM, Brandon said:

I am confused... I thought it wasn't Rose (playing hurt)  and it was all Thompsons fault for the first 2 games with the big plays?    That we had a crisis at Safety because it was all the new guys fault?   

Now some people are doing a 180 and saying Rose even sucked last year?  This site sure can jump on and off bandwagons on a weekly basis. 

Fun fact... Rose currently is tied at 7th in the league for defensive tackles.   A DB should not be near the top of the league in tackles.    Clearly the man is hurt and hopefully he doesn't return until he's fully healthy and can go at 100%.  Because when he is healthy he's damn good despite what now a few naysayers are saying.  

I think you're mixing and matching posters to make it seem like everyone is a little dyslexic... Most agreed Rose appears to be playing through an injury (evidenced by him being in a walking boot after suffering an injury in practice)... Only one or two people were adamant Thompson was a major problem... Only one person is saying Rose was bad last year... and that person is known to try and stir pot

I agree, let's hope Rose sits until he's 100%... better he sits out a few games in June/July than play on a nagging injury in Oct/Nov.