als v. suckskatchewan

Mark F

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

I just caught the replay of the game now.    

If I'm a Rider fan I'm scared shitless with how poor that o-line played with only a 3 man rush for the most part.    I dislike Fajardo and even I feel bad for the guy because he had zero chance.    The few times he did have time the man still can't throw a deep ball for absolute shite.  Absolutely ugly passes and his big pass to Wiliams was sheer luck that he caught it.  

Also several completely unnecessary penalties on the Riders..I thought they were going to clean that up?

Terrible special teams play,  terrible d-line pressure,  terrible coverage...  just awful all around.   The only positive the Riders had is Hickson runs really hard.    

The Als looked sharp tonight,  Lewis made some circus catches early and that d-line just completely owned the Riders.   

Dickie said that if it continues...penalties...that playtime is gonna have to be taken away....well let's see if he has the balls to follow thru...but man that team is just so undisciplined and selfish

Also agree on Hickson...the far superior runner and a true everydown back ..Morrow is not and shows to the talent evaluation there that he is slotted ahead of Hickson..

And that online...oh my....and that not something u can really fix on the fly in season... especially when it's all 5 who need to be replaced....yikes!

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

All of the flaws in the Riders were on full display last night: a mediocre quarterback, chaotic team discipline, porous O-line and a patchwork defence. If this continues, I can see Dickinson being canned by Labour Day.

No, we neeeeeeed him to last until the Banjo Bowl. 

Interesting tidbit:

Since the CFL began Thursday night football, the team on the short week (Saturday to Thursday turnaround) has won one game.

Partially to blame for the Riders performance last night, but still not the whole reason. 

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

In other news...the effective version of Trevor Harris showed up. 

Which inevitably means he’ll be awful next week, I’ve never seen Harris put two good games together in a row.

Throws 6 TDs in the 2018 ESF, then was putrid in the Grey Cup

4 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Interesting tidbit:

Since the CFL began Thursday night football, the team on the short week (Saturday to Thursday turnaround) has won one game.

Partially to blame for the Riders performance last night, but still not the whole reason. 

I too blame the short week. Nothing else to see, keep things the same, please. 

9 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Interesting tidbit:

Which inevitably means he’ll be awful next week, I’ve never seen Harris put two good games together in a row.

Throws 6 TDs in the 2018 ESF, then was putrid in the Grey Cup

You keep clinging to that hope that Harris will falter. He was not the reason you guys lost, nor is the short week. Short weeks don't cause 8 sack nights, or a QB to get happy feet all night and just spray the ball around. These are personnel, and playcalling, issues. The short week may have accounted for it being a blow out but the Riders team that played last night wouldn't have won even on a full week's rest. Your OL interior is bad....really bad...and compounded by the loss of Clark. CFaj is a QB that melts like butter under pressure. He is very much like Kevin Glenn in that he gets happy feet once you sack him. Always has, always will, and that is why the RIders will never go anywhere with him as QB especially with an OL that is just plain awful.

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You keep clinging to that hope that Harris will falter. He was not the reason you guys lost, nor is the short week. Short weeks don't cause 8 sack nights, or a QB to get happy feet all night and just spray the ball around. These are personnel, and playcalling, issues. The short week may have accounted for it being a blow out but the Riders team that played last night wouldn't have won even on a full week's rest. Your OL interior is bad....really bad...and compounded by the loss of Clark. CFaj is a QB that melts like butter under pressure. He is very much like Kevin Glenn in that he gets happy feet once you sack him. Always has, always will, and that is why the RIders will never go anywhere with him as QB especially with an OL that is just plain awful.

Ummm no.  It's pretty hard to win with just defense in this league. You need a QB performance that is at least somewhat competent

The Als might have still have won with a subpar QB performance, but the game would have been much closer

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I don’t really think I’m clinging to anything… but thank you for your opinion 

Short week, schmork beet, it has nothing to do with a qb throwing a ball which theyve done six million times by time they are a pro, or how to block. Either do penalties. Faj just showed how shitty he and the coaches are. This wasn’t preparation. It was suckage. 

Edited by Rod Black

13 hours ago, Booch said:

That was 4 complete seasons tho....and just shy of 10k....Strev threw for over 6k in 2 seasons... So he musta really slung it! Lol ...Faj had a rap coming out of college that his arm wasn't pro quality

Als could...and should really be 3-0....2-1 at worst....if BC...WPG and CGY all win this week guess who's in 4th lol

About 3 worth of starts. Rolovich ran his offense after spending 7 years in Hawaii under June jones. Did you watch any of their games? They threw it all over the field. He also took his team up to a better conference and went to 3 bowl games. 
 Almost every qb to see the cfl had that knock. That’s the general way scouts say doesn’t have an amazing arm. People still apply that knock to streveler despite it being flat out wrong. What was the book on collaros before he came here? Brittle and damaged mentally. 
 Streveler is and was a better prospect hands down for sure. 

44 minutes ago, Brandon said:

When he has all the time in the world to throw he can light up a defense.  

And still some how not rack up tds. 

Edited by wbbfan

Well Harris made me eat my words a bit anyway. He looked pretty good out there, still left a lot of points on the field though. But gotta give him credit where it's due.

The riders...wow. That Oline is a issue, big time! It's BC lions with Mike Reilly bad/Bombers and Willy bad. Fajardo will be lucky to last 2 more games taking hits like he was. Speaking of Fajardo, I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB with the absolute lack of deep ball accuracy like him. He had Rec open, or at least open enough to make a play but just couldn't hit them. I know he says the Labour Day game last year was his worst performance, but last night was brutal. 

In regards to the penalties, I don't know how that wasn't cleaned up at halftime. Dickenson should have been reading them the riot act and players should have been sat (At least for a couple plays) for any penalties in the 2nd. The Oline play is bad, the penalties might be worse. Riders may have been exposed as a pretender last night...wait and see but it's not often teams that put out a performance like that really become as dominate as the media has made them out to be.

You gotta love it.

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

In regards to the penalties, I don't know how that wasn't cleaned up at halftime. Dickenson should have been reading them the riot act and players should have been sat (At least for a couple plays) for any penalties in the 2nd. The Oline play is bad, the penalties might be worse. Riders may have been exposed as a pretender last night...wait and see but it's not often teams that put out a performance like that really become as dominate as the media has made them out to be.

You gotta love it.

Maybe he did? I really thought the Riders did a lot of work in the offseason to improve their discipline - addition by subtraction. Guess not. 

You gotta love it, indeed!

Edited by JCon

short weeks are tuff to an extent...but that wasn't the reason for what we saw....the true team showed up last 2 weeks...plain and simple and that Hamilton game was more due to Hamilton totally crapping all over the place.

The oline with Clark prob gives up 6 sacks regardless....it was laid out plain and simple...QB there is weak....and with zero protection just compounds it....and that defense has pieces, but it's got too many holes, and wayyyy too much undisciplined play....chalk that up to a weak ass coach and management, and bringing in guys who don't buy into team....Dickie said prior to game that if they don't smarten up....then guess guys need to lose playing time....see if he sticks to his guns....but I doubt it

People just now realizing that the Riders have a **** OL....?? This has been an issue going back years. The only plays their offense makes, are broken plays because the pocket breaks down constantly, and Faj has to run for his life and make something out of nothing, so he scrambles around out there. That's the Riders O in a nutshell and has been going back to at least 2019. 

YEAH....It's been an issue since AC was there....and still hasn't been addressed.and something u cant fix in an off-season unless u wanna pay through the nose, and sacrifice greatly elsewhere, and thats even if any top notch guys make it to free-agency which is rare...so good luck there...it's prob still a 2 yr fix in the making

And agreed about the keeping of the losers there as mentioned above....as it appears some of the other donkeys there...new to the CFL and some solid vets are following the lead...thinking that is how you be a pro???!?...I dunno but it's a bad environment there...I feel bad for Larry Dean...a legit pro being caught up being there

4 hours ago, JCon said:

I too blame the short week. Nothing else to see, keep things the same, please. 

I think faj  passing scheme divides the field into three equal parts from sideline to sideline.

so he has three long passing plays..... 1. heave it as far as he can to left 1/3

2, 3, same to middle, and right thirds.

somebody gotta be down there.

hes going to get a receiver killed one of these games.

Edited by Mark F

13 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I think faj  passing scheme divides the field into three equal parts from sideline to sideline.

so he has three long passing plays..... 1. heave it as far as he can to left 1/3

2, 3, same to middle, and right thirds.

somebody gotta be down there.

hes going to get a receiver killed one of these games.

i been saying that for 2 years....the balls his guys are able to catch over 10 yards takes an extroidinary effort to get, and leaves them vulnerable to massive shots game in and game out, and or landing hard on the ground on back...head....hip from getting torpedoed....