Back 2 Back Losers @ Back 2 Back Champs - Pre-Game Thread

Noeller

12 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

I don't think Lawson was given any snaps in a game on the Dline.  Hard to say he hasn't done anything, if he hasn't been given an opportunity.

True but if he is not getting any reps to keep Thomas fresh that imo ain't a good sign.😊

1 hour ago, Booch said:

we shall see how our depth stacks up for the next bit....and I kind of like it early in the season to be honest, and let the boys heal up

Couture to the 6 sucks....but better now than in late sept.....Houston I think will be just fine.

Holm coming on tho is a head scratcher....nothing about him to me says useable pro...we had better options.....same with that full back.....Oshea always has some odd roster moves, and guys brought on who dont see field and do minimal ST work...if I have one knock on him it's roster manouvering

Burtenshaw is only here for special teams.

Holm is an American DB.  I’m sure he’ll be playing lots.

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Why does it scare you?  Does he suck?

nothing about him wows me...we seem to have better options ...why they not getting a shot dunno....but I was even shocked he got to camp in first place

should share our thunderstorm stories.... I have a few as do all prairie dwellers

like.    sitting in the metal/glass sunroom, watching thunderstorm over the lake, when a bolt of lightning hit the house.

drilled a small hole in the deck, but no fire. 

, moved to wpg from vancouver when I was ten...( family came along) had never experienced a thunder storm.

sitting in house during storm, lightning hit the power transformer right behind the house.

loudest sound I have heard.

best.... watching big storms over Lake Wpg, at wpg beach.

and others, but dont want to be even more boring.

Edited by Mark F

41 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's disappointing that it's going to rain tomorrow night (probably). This will mean the crowd will be wearing jackets and you won't see the white in the lower bowl. 

I'll be dry under the awning, in case you were worried. 

I got selected for the pre-game sideline experience for this game... I will not be dry! 😂

16 hours ago, Booch said:

nothing about him wows me...we seem to have better options ...why they not getting a shot dunno....but I was even shocked he got to camp in first place

You're surprised a 5 year starter from the US who runs a 4.4 and was invited to 2 NFL rookie camps was invited to camp? 😂

Edited by Bombertown
Spelling

Verdict is still out on Holm. Not sure how much we see of him tonight to be honest. 

19 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

That game was a blast. Had the next day off and my Dad is retired, only bad thing was the result.

That was a pretty great time. What's even more disappointing is that the CFL changed the rules....this game could he over by half time. Need to start quick

7 hours ago, Bombertown said:

You're surprised a 5 year starter from the US who runs a 4.4 and was invited to 2 NFL rookie camps was invited to camp? 😂

5 yr starter at smaller school, and rookie camp invites nope dont excite me...not one bit...all kinds of slugs get those invites....cripes he was cut originally and brought back when we had an injury concern....prob cause he was still haNging around in city as he is buds with BO