Back 2 Back Losers @ Back 2 Back Champs - Pre-Game Thread

Noeller

I’m hoping this is the week where Augustine becomes the number one. Again the guy with his speed just creates something on every carry, got to get him more involved he only had 7 carries compared to Oliveria’s 14, should be the other way around. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yuck. As bad as Rose has been Houston would be a pretty big downgrade.

If Rose is hurt, this is a good time to let someone else show what they've got... I thought Houston was decent in spot duty last year... let's see what he can do in a full game and then the team will know what they have

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

If Rose is hurt, this is a good time to let someone else show what they've got... I thought Houston was decent in spot duty last year... let's see what he can do in a full game and then the team will know what they have

I agree with Bubba, I seem to remember Houston getting burned a lot last year.  Now, with how much Rose has been getting burned in the last 2 games, maybe the swap would be a wash... time will tell.

he got burned bad twice first game....second game he wasn't getting burned....people need to chill a bit...guess we hd all our guys getting burned then in the scheme  that had Ottawa take the passes underneath and in front of them, yet outta the endzone and not getting beat over the top...Adams had that one just as the rain and wind picked up...but other than that was minimal...and that was a great throw as Rose had good coverage and almost knocked it away

Rose is still undoubtedly hurt. I’m ok with giving him some time to rest if that’s the case. Grey Cups aren’t won in June, I’d rather see him healthy and playing to the best of his ability. In week one he got burnt, week two he was playing off so far that everything was open underneath it makes me speculate that with his injury he just doesn’t have the speed to keep up right now.

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

one more note from practice today - Yoshi was in at RT, so hopefully not much to be concerned about with his knee. 

Yeah god forbid we get an injury to him or Bryant.. then I’m starting to panic a little bit however o-line was much better in the second half of the Ottawa game last week. 

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

so maybe Rose is somewhat knicked....and hence his odd play so far.....he was just fine last yr when he came back, and doubt he has dropped off the performance ledge at 28 yrs old....not concerned in the least

Something is sure off, but like you said, No way he dropped off that much at that age. He'll be fine. I think its a matter of trying to do to much.