Like an open book

Booch

See what happens when u spout off as a brash inexperienced vet team that k iws how to win....guess he musta missed those pages in the second half.

Jeffcoat did the interview as a seasoned pro and didn't take bait to say we dominant when we aren't playing as such....and 2-0 after 2 sub poor games shows the diff between the good teams and the wanna be's

I viewed that open book comment as the rb’s fell victim to a “rope a dope” offensive performance.
We had ‘‘em right where we wanted ‘‘em when we needed.    Bye the way, that’s a benevides coached d man that’s saying  such a gullible comment. 

Edited by Rod Black

What is it with these teams that have such garbage culture on defense?  Guys like Hunter, Levels, S.Lawrence, Dylan Wynn etc live and die by the running their mouths and dirty play.  Obviously in pro ball winners play with an edge… and stuff goes down in the trenches… and then there are these types of anti-FIFO players.  

Always felt they reflect poorly on their coaches and the organizations that keep employing them.

Money Hunter’s lack of discipline cost his team games when he was in Edmonton too… How is it that some players are incapable of letting their talent do the talking?

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Suitor did have a great point... Bombers know HOW to win...  Ottawa does not at this point.    

They’re really undisciplined.

I hope Lapo gets the chance to stick around long enough to attempt a culture change. They’ve brought in the talent, but now they need to weed out the guys who aren’t going to buy in.

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

They’re really undisciplined.

I hope Lapo gets the chance to stick around long enough to attempt a culture change. They’ve brought in the talent, but now they need to weed out the guys who aren’t going to buy in.

I don't think he can...he wasn't a part of culture change here....and he has no onions...when going gets tough or u need to assert something....he can't or wont

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

I don't think he can...he wasn't a part of culture change here....and he has no onions...when going gets tough or u need to assert something....he can't or wont

I don’t disagree with that.

But it’s still not impossible. He simply needs to make sure he’s on the same page with his GM and make good decisions on the adds/deletions.

You get the right players in the locker room and hopefully they start to police themselves.

Ultimate sign of a loser. Act like you’ve won with lots of game left to play. 

ott is on the fringe of becoming a really good team. The typical sign of a bad team on the fringe of becoming a good team is losing close games despite playing well enough to win. 
The step that differentiates a good bad team from a great team is discipline. Disciplined teams find ways to win games. That’s why we beat sask and ham both back to back to go back to back. 

10 hours ago, Booch said:

Haha...yup...just plain dumb thing to say regardless...glad we don't have 'vets' like that...

And to say it on a national tv broadcast.... he couldn't back it up. 

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

I don’t disagree with that.

But it’s still not impossible. He simply needs to make sure he’s on the same page with his GM and make good decisions on the adds/deletions.

You get the right players in the locker room and hopefully they start to police themselves.

He needs playing experience. Don't be too quick to write the guy off. 

9 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

What is it with these teams that have such garbage culture on defense?  Guys like Hunter, Levels, S.Lawrence, Dylan Wynn etc live and die by the running their mouths and dirty play.  Obviously in pro ball winners play with an edge… and stuff goes down in the trenches… and then there are these types of anti-FIFO players.  

Always felt they reflect poorly on their coaches and the organizations that keep employing them.

Money Hunter’s lack of discipline cost his team games when he was in Edmonton too… How is it that some players are incapable of letting their talent do the talking?

They think the game is about them. Not their team. 

Anyone remember the game vs L'ks in 2019 that was super close... Came down to the wire... And with less than 5 mins left, I think, there was a scrum and Money Hunter ends up blatantly hitting or kicking someone right in front of the officials. I wanna say they'd got us to 3rd down and we woulda been kicking, and then because of Hunter being a dummy, it extended the drive and we get a TD and win. I think Strev was the QB for that game. It was Maas coaching Edm at that time, and there was zero control over the players. I just always remember that scrum on the field and Hunter taking an objectionable away from everything and costing them the game. 

Once an *******, always an *******... 

Edited by Noeller

And fits in well is Sask with plethora of asses... Coincidence Mass is there now too with no spine Dickie who let the players run rampant with the selfishness...and never seen a team do as much show boating and boasting..yapping...parading around like idiots...Jones' last year and the non Rigid Dickie years have been pathetic...that would never fly here...we would self police it before any coach even needed to address it

I’m glad we don’t have any dummy hunters on this team. 

a lot of stupid trash talk this week. From owners to players just putting their foot in their mouth. 
 Meanwhile the back to back champs are un happy with their performances despite being in beaten. It’s not hard to see why Hamilton can’t win the big games why mtl is back sliding into a dumpster fire and the elk are the core of said fire. 

Yup...pretty quiet and uneventful here other than the vet players saying they not happy...not up to their standards and they need to be better...they don't even look at the record...they know what it is but u see the end target is playoffs and Grey Cup...