3 stars plus hh 2-0 where for art thou bombers?

wbbfan

21 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

1. Ellingson
2. Wilson
3. Schoen

HH: Nichols for a couple timely breakups

This is why I hate Lapo as a Head Coach. Classic great stat game but lose.  No killer instinct. They should have stepped on our throat 2 weeks in a row. 

This has to be Lapo's last shot.  He's got an unbelievably poor win percentage in what is basically a .500 league.  The lack of discipline and his own decisions toward the end of games under 3 mins when the HC has to manage the clock are just awful.

1) Can't say enough about Nichols with at least two MASSIVE break up's. He's likely the biggest reason we won. 

2) Collaros was having trouble in the first half, but I think it was protection issues. In the second half he came alive. 

3) Could give this to maybe the RECs or the Front 7 on D, but they were both inconsistent. At times looked great, and other times had a pile of drops/couldn't get any pressure at all. Maddeningly inconsistent. 

HH) Augustine. Didn't get a lot of touches but definitely looked better than Olly. I know who I'd start next week. 

It just occurred to me. I don’t think I’ve seen Mike OShea ever get a star or HH mention. He is developing quite the winning record. Yet he is cool, doesnt go nuts on the sidelines, considering our awful first half, and I believe that might be a reason that the players don’t get many penalties. Penalties don’t often kill us, like Ottawa killed themselves tonight. 

Edited by Rod Black

44 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Ellingson made some big catches, yes, but he also dropped an easy TD… But, hard to find many others deserving of a star.

He had three bad drops one for a td two for a first down. He makes one or two or those I think he’s a star other wise nah. 

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

1) Can't say enough about Nichols with at least two MASSIVE break up's. He's likely the biggest reason we won. 

2) Collaros was having trouble in the first half, but I think it was protection issues. In the second half he came alive. 

3) Could give this to maybe the RECs or the Front 7 on D, but they were both inconsistent. At times looked great, and other times had a pile of drops/couldn't get any pressure at all. Maddeningly inconsistent. 

HH) Augustine. Didn't get a lot of touches but definitely looked better than Olly. I know who I'd start next week. 

Nichols has certainly been our best db by a mile. 

46 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

It just occurred to me. I don’t think I’ve seen Mike OShea ever get a star or HH mention. He is developing quite the winning record. Yet he is cool, doesnt go nuts on the sidelines, considering our awful first half, and I believe that might be a reason that the players don’t get many penalties. Penalties don’t often kill us, like Ottawa killed themselves tonight. 

Good call. I commented in the gdt that winning home and away series is hard. Ott is good and young and great in home openers. The bombers have a mountain of obstacles from camp to pre season to injuries and departures. But they won hard close games with out coming close to firing on all cylinders. 

this is the time of game we used to lose to teams like Calgary. It was infuriating as a fan. 

big props to mos for the win. 

Nichols has to get a star he was outstanding tonight, thought we did a better job of getting to Masoli tonight, having a good effort from Jeffcoat coming back from injury helped. Really liking Schoen, I think as he develops chemistry with Collaros he could become our go to guy down the stretch, They need to find a way to get Demski involved more, he had a really great effort to take a negative play and break it off into a 8-9 yard run. I also thought Kolonkowski did an admirable job filling in for Couture when he went down. 

Wilson/biggie

The Jeff's

Nichols/rutz

I made my stars combos as they allow each other to flow and Create plays

Hh to the Schoen/Ellingson pair tho I think actually Ellingson can clean up a few things..he had a few oopsies but was still a stud..Schoen gonna be a real threat...is he our Zylstra?

Really impressed with Rutz tho..give him a few more games and lookout

Honorable mention to Lapo...thanks for being Lapo and his gutless safe self...and trying to be everyone's buddy there and implementing....well trying to implement Winnipeg culture there...doesn't work if he have undisciplined players...

Ellingson/Schoen......Elli is clutch....Schoen is going to be a star in this league....soon

Wilson/Jeffcoat......Wilson is really coming into his own.....Jeffcoat ...big difference maker

Nichols........solid game....Rose better have a talk with him and see where he's going wrong