Als v. Argos

Mark F

10 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Not sure what more Khari could have done? Harris settled in when it mattered the most, and the idiot kicker missed a chip shot field goal. Aside from massaging the kickers shoulders and holding his hand, I'm not sure else could have been done 🤷‍♂️

Not necessarily more he could have done but as Milt said, if week 5 rolls around and they haven’t won yet (they next play SK back to back) the owner may want a pound of flesh. The owner could wail away that the coach didn’t have his kicker ready, coached up, for a clutch play. G. Ellingson tweeted after the game that  “Montreal iced their own kicker”. I too would be patient and I like Jones, but the owner is the boss, pays the bills and could criticize. A four loss beginning is pretty bad optics. 

Edited by Rod Black

1 hour ago, Yourface said:

If that was bad, the Bombers game last week was HORRIBLE, if we’re looking at it objectively. Not convinced the Bombers would slaughter either of them.

What objective results are you using?  Penalties called and yards? Last minute field goal attempts? 

Edited by Rod Black

Sad about Andrew....I know Bomber brass would like to say 'told ya so' BUT we have more class than that ....I think if the Argo's thought he would be an every play guy, they just had their eye's opened....They took their chances on a 35 yr. old back....I don't think it's going to pay off....Hopefully he'll come back and finish the year....They sure need something going on judging by that tomb of a stadium

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Sad about Andrew....I know Bomber brass would like to say 'told ya so' BUT we have more class than that ....I think if the Argo's thought he would be an every play guy, they just had their eye's opened....They took their chances on a 35 yr. old back....I don't think it's going to pay off....Hopefully he'll come back and finish the year....They sure need something going on judging by that tomb of a stadium

Tombs have bodies in them. I would call that a Go Train stop. People are just waiting for their ride away. 

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

People writing AH off a little early, no? Especially given he outrushed our entire team in a half of football?

Prior to leaving the game, he put up some pretty solid production (87 yards rushing, 23 receiving on 21 touches). That hamstring injury seems to be a lingering issue, so how that plays out over the season is anyone's guess. I'd certainly take the under on him playing a full season, though.

As for the Bombers, I don't think the offensive gameplan was put together too well last Friday. I think today's game will be a better indicator as long as the rust's been shaken off.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Prior to leaving the game, he put up some pretty solid production (87 yards rushing, 23 receiving on 21 touches). That hamstring injury seems to be a lingering issue, so how that plays out over the season is anyone's guess. I'd certainly take the under on him playing a full season, though.

As for the Bombers, I don't think the offensive gameplan was put together too well last Friday. I think today's game will be a better indicator as long as the rust's been shaken off.

IF you watched the hit he took, I think it's a little more than a hammy....It's the same old crap of an injury that 6 gamed him last year.....He did come back and hopefully he'll do the same this year...we'll see

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

IF you watched the hit he took, I think it's a little more than a hammy....It's the same old crap of an injury that 6 gamed him last year.....He did come back and hopefully he'll do the same this year...we'll see

I didn't watch the game and I'm just going off what was reported afterward. It sounds like he had hamstring tightness during TC as well.

Harris looks like he's carrying some extra weight too.  He looked solid but you can tell he's just not really, he's pretty old for a RB and his style of play beats him right up much quicker now. Wish him good health tho. Cuz for a person he's not overly old exactly but for a football player he is. Dude has been taking this punishment it appears most his life, it's catching up quick. It does that in football. His mind wants to play but his body starts to say NO 

Edited by Goalie

he out produced our guys sure...but on double the touches and being the prime feature of their offence until he started getting banged around and injury issues started to flare...same as with here, and ultimately why we wanted to do a full physical, and have him run some combine like drills....and rightfully so. and shame on him for making a big fuss.....was a small ask, and one anyone should be open to doing if they live the FIFO mantra

Hope he bounces back, but I see this being recurring, and like I said earlier...if he plays more than half the reg season games as a full participant, I'd be shocked

48 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Harris looks like he's carrying some extra weight too.  He looked solid but you can tell he's just not really, he's pretty old for a RB and his style of play beats him right up much quicker now. Wish him good health tho. Cuz for a person he's not overly old exactly but for a football player he is. Dude has been taking this punishment it appears most his life, it's catching up quick. It does that in football. His mind wants to play but his body starts to say NO 

If he took 2020 off...leading to all his issues last season for us (which he's admitted to an extent), then it's really hard to 'get it back'.

You could see that he was feeling some of those hits more than he usually did. Some wincing going on and he got folded pretty good on that last play and then called for a sub. 3 years ago, he shruggs that off. Time catches us all unfortunately.

And I agree about the weight, I noticed it too. He looks a bit more solid that's for sure. 

I think khari may have sunk his own ship last night. I still think it was absolutely dumb to switch QBs after 4 passing attempts. VA looked horrible against CGY to start the game as well but turned it around. MBT looked bad as well to start. You gotta let your guy have some time to work out the bugs. 4 pass attempts shows he has no faith in VA regardless of what he says to the media.

5 hours ago, Rod Black said:

What objective results are you using?  Penalties called and yards? Last minute field goal attempts? 

Significantly better offensive performances. No blatant drop like the one we saw with Acklin last week. No botched clock management.

I was at the Bombers game last week, and for a large portion, it was an absolute snore fest.

5 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

You should be last person here to lecture anyone else on looking at something objectively.

What makes you say that?

22 minutes ago, Yourface said:

Significantly better offensive performances. No blatant drop like the one we saw with Acklin last week. No botched clock management.

Oh, I thought you mentioned “objectively”. Like in scientific, data. Like the 640 yards passing the RB and BB put up, that kind of “objective”, is meaningless and that kind of offensive performance. 

Edited by Rod Black

7 minutes ago, Yourface said:

I was at the Bombers game last week, and for a large portion, it was an absolute snore fest.

What makes you say that?

Significantly better? Ott put up over 400yrds lol. Also the argos/als had close 200yrds in penalties in the 1st half alone. Both games where rather boring until the 4th, bit I'm not sure I'd give the edge to TO and the Als 

21 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Significantly better? Ott put up over 400yrds lol. Also the argos/als had close 200yrds in penalties in the 1st half alone. Both games where rather boring until the 4th, bit I'm not sure I'd give the edge to TO and the Als 

And the qb efficiency ratings of 105, 102 and 156 in Winnipeg and 74 and 75 in Toronto last night. Guess that’s  not “objective” and significantly not as good. Lol

Edited by Rod Black

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I see nothing wrong with a passionate owner who's engaged with his team. His enthusiasm will cause him to make a few mistakes owning the team. But comapre him to MLSE's Larry Tannenbaum the corporate zombie owner of the Argos. At least Gary Stern cares. 

As a new owner Stern needs to step back, chill out and keep his mouth shut, direct owner interference with the  roster and coaching staff is not going to help his team win football games.  Threatening coaches and personnel with change will further erode the atmosphere in the club house and could cause the Als to crater a promising new season.  Who knows, maybe he's the one that decided V.A. was already on a short leash.