2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Great players make coaches smarter than they really are,

Yeah Buck isn't going anywhere anytime soon. My take is that he still has learning to do before he's ready to be a HC. Even then, Buck strikes me as the type of guy to wait for a good situation. 

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

If not this year, then next.

There isn’t an example of a coach who just stays in the same place and role for his whole career.

Calgary has not seemed to have any issues keeping their coaches for years on end.  They get little promotions here and there but for the most part they are in the same role.  Killam & Monson have been there 13 years and Delmonaco has been there 9.

Yup...and really only threat is if ott offers him HC job..and I dont think he wants to up root...theres nothing else there for him that's an advancement..and even then we could add the OC/Asst HC to his title..I not worried about losing anyone

7 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Calgary has not seemed to have any issues keeping their coaches for years on end.  They get little promotions here and there but for the most part they are in the same role.  Killam & Monson have been there 13 years and Delmonaco has been there 9.

Monson is a guy who has grinded and worked his way up. He may be a candidate in the future - but the focus always seems to go to the younger OCs. 

Kilam is a STC. Has definitely been talked about for HC opportunities. But the jump from STC is less common. A lot of people remained their eyebrows when we hired MOS.  They were saying the same things that people are now saying about Buck too.

And Delmonaco has moved around a ton in his career, looking for increased opportunities. He just seems to have hit his ceiling/comfortable spot. I don’t think that’s true of Buck (though I absolutely think/agree with the notion that he’ll wait for a good opportunity. 

Just now, Jesse said:

Monson is a guy who has grinded and worked his way up. He may be a candidate in the future - but the focus always seems to go to the younger OCs. 

Kilam is a STC. Has definitely been talked about for HC opportunities. But the jump from STC is less common. A lot of people remained their eyebrows when we hired MOS.  They were saying the same things that people are now saying about Buck too.

And Delmonaco has moved around a ton in his career, looking for increased opportunities. He just seems to have hit his ceiling/comfortable spot. I don’t think that’s true of Buck (though I absolutely think/agree with the notion that he’ll wait for a good opportunity. 

Some guys too...dont want/desire the HC job as well....he may be perfectly happy doing what he does and cementing a legacy there for a while

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Yup...and really only threat is if ott offers him HC job..and I don't think he wants to up root...there's nothing else there for him that's an advancement..and even then we could add the OC/Asst HC to his title..I not worried about losing anyone

Ottawa and Regina are both valleys of death at the moment for a new head coach, but no doubt someone's ego will propel them into those jobs.