2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

yeah...this team isnt built and or have the mindset of the other teams that cruised through playoffs to only lay an egg...its the fans around here who are the ones who have that mentality...and it's just excited, over zealous fans...which is expected...not the team...no worries

19 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I think you know I was referring to 2001. 

Not an apt comparison, IMO. The 2001 Blue Bombers weren't back-to-back champs; they let their hubris get the best of them and it cost them dearly.

This team, this group, its leaders, and its coaches all know what's required to win. They've been there twice now.

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Not an apt comparison, IMO. The 2001 Blue Bombers weren't back-to-back champs; they let their hubris get the best of them and it cost them dearly.

This team, this group, its leaders, and its coaches all know what's required to win. They've been there twice now.

Exactly. Our team has proven time and again that it shows up in the big games.

19 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I think you know I was referring to 2001. 

I know you meant you didn't like 2001... I thought it was odd that you lumped 2021 into that statement of "didn't care for the ending of that movie"

2001 proves the point you were trying to make... 2021 disproves it

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

What do you even say about TSN anymore. Just mistake after mistake, high school like coverage/highlights/commentary/play by play. They don't care, that much is obvious. I wish the CFL had options around TV coverage.

not sure it so much as they don't care...rather than lazy and no urgency to get better...now if there were other networks vying for a piece of the pie...or one who up and offered more to take the whole ball of wax....well then they best be upping their game

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

not sure it so much as they don't care...rather than lazy and no urgency to get better...now if there were other networks vying for a piece of the pie...or one who up and offered more to take the whole ball of wax....well then they best be upping their game

To me that equals not caring.

IUA8E90I_normal.jpg

#CFL 🍁🏈 2022 Avg. Attendance CFL AVG. 📊 21,744
1.Wpg BBers 28,641
2.Ssk Riders 27,462
3.Edm Elks 23,786
4.Cgy Stamps 23,457
5.Ham Ticats 22,264
6.BC Lions 20,387
7.Ott RBlacks 20,175
8.Mtl Als 17,682
9. Tor Argos 11,875

👏Yay us!
Good job Edmonton!
Eat a d*** Toronto!

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Next time my kids throw a tantrum and the "You don't EVEN CARE!" comes up. I'll be all, "No son, I'm lazy and have no urgency to get better."

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Canadia media is such an oligopoly they can just shovel as much **** as us as cheaply as they can and there's nothing that will stop them. Greedy bastards.

Add that to the laundry list of other industries that are exactly the same way. They'll make us pay for shittier and shittier things and services and charge as much as the market will bear.

So, TrueBlue4ever, you say things could go like 2021 or 2001 & you never liked the ending of 2001. Well, neither did I? The thing is, do you ever see any of the 2022 Bombers yapping to the media about how great they are? Acting like idiots on the field just like the Riders did this season? Have we ever taken other teams so lightly before we even play them?

Can you see anyone off this present Bomber roater act the way some of the 2001 Bombers did? Or like some Rider players did this season?  This is a totally different Bomber team than the 2001 team. They're disciplined on & off the field when dealing with the media. They don't do anything to give their opponents an advantage. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, BBlink said:

Add that to the laundry list of other industries that are exactly the same way. They'll make us pay for shittier and shittier things and services and charge as much as the market will bear.

I lost my cable service tonight at around 11 pm MDT. My PVR acted up. tried rebooting it & it still didn't work. Thing is, ny tv is frozen. The controls won't work & neither will the PVR. called Shaw Cable. They're techs now go home at 10 pm PDT. They used to be there all night. Not anymore. I pay way, way, way too much for cable to be told I won't have tv service until tomorrow. And yet here we are. No competition as Rogers & Bell have cable service carved up for themselves in this country. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, TrueBlue4ever, you say things could go like 2021 or 2001 & you never liked the ending of 2001. Well, neither did I? The thing is, do you ever see any of the 2022 Bombers yapping to the media about how great they are? Acting like idiots on the field just like the Riders did this season? Have we ever taken other teams so lightly before we even play them?

Can you see anyone off this present Bomber roater act the way some of the 2001 Bombers did? Or like some Rider players did this season?  This is a totally different Bomber team than the 2001 team. They're disciplined on & off the field when dealing with the media. They don't do anything to give their opponents an advantage. 

The 2001 Bombers didn't show up for the game, that won't happen with this crew.

43 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

I for one am not thinking grey cup right now. 

We still have one game to win. 

If its Calgary, I'm a little concerned with thier running game and our weakness with stopping it. 

What do you think Dickenson & their DC Brett Monson are thin king when they see our receiving corps? They know their secondary can't cover all of our guys now that Ellingson & Wolitarsky are back if the OL gives Collaros time to do his magic. 

Considering these guys are back to back Champs and were mostly young kids in 2001, I don't see the relevancy of comparing them to 2001. 

Fans? We don't matter as we don't play. What we think is completely irrelevant 

Don't matter if we all think they will win or lose but 28 and 2 last 30 at ig field suggests that if a team wants to beat us here, they need to play well to do it. 

Go Blue in 2 weeks