2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

and what other team was in a dire need at DB like we were and had a piece worthy of offering?....Hamilton's defense, and secondary for that matter has been pretty damn good this yr.

I'd take Alden Darby on my squad over many other db's in this league, and if you can add him back into a system he knows, and excelled in, with 4 other guys he has played with all last yr, well thats a no brainer....our defense just got a lot better today and thats all that matters

5 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah...I think he moonshot that so bad that Jones didn't lose it in lights...he just didn't think  it was coming, and didn't think to look straight up in the air

In fairness he did not become their punt returner until later in the game.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Turns out Wilcotts was expendable due to bringing In Kion Adam's last week. Is Lawrence coming too or is that not confirmed and just rumor? Desmond not Simoni 

I believe that’s confirmed. 

and I love it. Two dbs with good league experience and lots of gas in the tank. 

I do like adams a lot but I’d really like to see us get another good pass rusher unless we are going to roster a guy and actually use them. 

wonder if we will see another trade or if we are done. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

I believe that’s confirmed. 

and I love it. Two dbs with good league experience and lots of gas in the tank. 

I do like adams a lot but I’d really like to see us get another good pass rusher unless we are going to roster a guy and actually use them. 

wonder if we will see another trade or if we are done. 

Confirmed. Saw it on 3rd down nation. Lawrence is signed 

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yea....Ceresna would be highly unlikely....I would say impossible but one side of the equation is Chris Jones after all.

Looks like he's a free agent at the end of the year so I don't think he's untouchable at all. 

The latest insider talk article on 3Dnation speculated that Lawler's latest injury killed any trade deadline buzz so if he was going to be up for grabs, then Ceresna has to be too I would think?

41 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I think we need one more piece- a monster defensive tackle for some extra push up the middle. 

Anyone good on the LOL'ks or the ALLCAPS?

Mauldin tho not a DT would be a huge add ...him and the jeffs and a rotation of Sayles..walker...lawson and Thomas up the gut would be killer

48 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I think we need one more piece- a monster defensive tackle for some extra push up the middle. 

Anyone good on the LOL'ks or the ALLCAPS?

I wouldn't mind if they grabbed Pelley...I don't think he'd be available, but he's a big body that can collapse the middle. Not much stamina though

He's a smarter man than I, but I'd love for Walters to be aggressive and get a valuable defensive piece or 2 from edm or ott for draft picks for sure.  Never want to empty the cupboards so to speak but if there ever was a year to do it I think this is it. 3-peat in Regina, couldn't write a better script. Who knows what happens next season & beyond but man we're so close to dynasty territory...

35 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Looks like he's a free agent at the end of the year so I don't think he's untouchable at all. 

The latest insider talk article on 3Dnation speculated that Lawler's latest injury killed any trade deadline buzz so if he was going to be up for grabs, then Ceresna has to be too I would think?

Sure why not, who would you like to trade for him, Jefferson or Jeffcoat?

44 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Chris Jones would want to keep his contract until FA and will push hard for an extension. If he trades him, he has to hope that Ceresna gets to FA and most importantly doesn't fall in love with playing for a winning team. Too much risk for Jones, Ceresna is a guy you have to think that Jones sees as a key re-signing and would want to keep his rights as long as possible.

31 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

He's a smarter man than I, but I'd love for Walters to be aggressive and get a valuable defensive piece or 2 from edm or ott for draft picks for sure.  Never want to empty the cupboards so to speak but if there ever was a year to do it I think this is it. 3-peat in Regina, couldn't write a better script. Who knows what happens next season & beyond but man we're so close to dynasty territory...

I see your point, but I am not sure we necessarily need to do anything drastic. If someone waves someone at us on a fire sale price...sure,,,but I like our teams chances right now without mortgaging any future capital.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Sure why not, who would you like to trade for him, Jefferson or Jeffcoat?

Neither. You’d keep all three. Personally I would be looking at sending a first and some sweetener ideally. If it’s for a top tier guy under contract next year then dig deeper with a guy like Dobson. Maybe Chris jones would want one of our back up qbs or bolo to play db. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Neither. You’d keep all three. Personally I would be looking at sending a first and some sweetener ideally. If it’s for a top tier guy under contract next year then dig deeper with a guy like Dobson. Maybe Chris jones would want one of our back up qbs or bolo to play db. 

No way I offer a 1st round pick or Dobson for anyone right now that is heading to FA. Too steep.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Chris Jones would want to keep his contract until FA and will push hard for an extension. If he trades him, he has to hope that Ceresna gets to FA and most importantly doesn't fall in love with playing for a winning team. Too much risk for Jones, Ceresna is a guy you have to think that Jones sees as a key re-signing.

Jones does like to think he's smarter than everyone else so (like Pinball tried with Collaros), he might think he could get him back in a couple months.  

Is falling in love with winning more of a risk than being tired of losing? That team is a tire fire - Ceresna (and every other L'k player) should be weighing their options when they hit FA.  

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Jones does like to think he's smarter than everyone else so (like Pinball tried with Collaros), he might think he could get him back in a couple months.  

Is falling in love with winning more of a risk than being tired of losing? That team is a tire fire - Ceresna (and every other L'k player) should be weighing their options when they hit FA.  

That is why I think that Chris Jones will want every second, of every minute, of every day from now to FA to try and get him to stay. Ceresna is the only defensive player they have that has really earned his money.

5 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Agreed. We are not in the business of trading high value Canadians for Americans. The only exception is a top QB (1st for Collaros) 

Even that trade I would never have gotten behind AT THE TIME if the 1st round pick wasn't conditional on us re-signing him.

10 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Agreed. I think I also heard that this years draft is a gooder.

I just don't think bringing in a guy for 3 games and a playoff run is going to dramatically improve us enough to justify the cost. 

Edited by GCn20