2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

3 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

The words Cody and Fajardo in the same sentence now give me a panic response  

The words Cody and Fajardo are the very definition of panic response. He sees a DL on the distant horizon and immediately runs backwards spinning to his right the whole time.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

No need to clarify for CoFaj, he will read this and be on the news at 6 to talk about it himself with a box of tissues tucked under his arm. 

Listen- what you may not know is do nothing Kienan LeFrance got injured and someone technically played RB, but not the back up RB.

You have no idea how bad we have it 

Edited by Geebrr

Darby can play HB or corner....he was more than adequate doing so in T.O and didnt really pay much attention to how he did in Hammer, but I don't see him at SAM here unless they feel fine with Rutz at Wil?...which could be an option...but I think he's going to HB and will help solidify things there, but either way...or maybe they have something totally different in mind, but I am sure the coaches here will be utilizing him

53 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The words Cody and Fajardo are the very definition of panic response. He sees a DL on the distant horizon and immediately runs backwards spinning to his right the whole time.

And then with all his might throw a wobbler 30 yards down field that takes so long to arrive that his own receiver grows tired of looking up and just walks away.  

24 minutes ago, Brandon said:

And then with all his might throw a wobbler 30 yards down field that takes so long to arrive that his own receiver grows tired of looking up and just walks away.  

yeah...I think he moonshot that so bad that Jones didn't lose it in lights...he just didn't think  it was coming, and didn't think to look straight up in the air

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Christ, the number of guys who left the Bombers in the late 90s or  late to mid 00s that  left here to play to their old form somewhere else. 

Or guys that Ritchie brought in after being cut by other teams only get lots of use out of still. Mcgriggs nash Marvin Coleman etc 

db is a peculiar spot and we run a very particular defense. Darby fits what we do like a glove. Really the more safety skills you have as a db here the better. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Or guys that Ritchie brought in after being cut by other teams only get lots of use out of still. Mcgriggs nash Marvin Coleman etc 

db is a peculiar spot and we run a very particular defense. Darby fits what we do like a glove. Really the more safety skills you have as a db here the better. 

Yeah, you know if little else, Darby will be a veteran on the side of the field that really needs one. One rookie over there is enough, but 2 was problematic. He can be a big help to whichever of Holm/Parker starts the other spot. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, you know if little else, Darby will be a veteran on the side of the field that really needs one. One rookie over there is enough, but 2 was problematic. He can be a big help to whichever of Holm/Parker starts the other spot. 

Hopefully come last game and playoffs its rose..nichols. ba..darby and houston

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Darby excellent addition.....I was a little confused on why we let him wander off in the first place...BUT he's back and I just know when he puts on the bluengold, it'll be like he never left....Great move and the D just got a whole lot better

Money. He left for more money. Because it's close to the end of the season and we've six gamed an army of players we can afford him for the rest of the season

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

It should be relevant,  it's this year.   If he is considered elite and an all star then why didn't any other team trade a late pic or depth player to get him.       I'm not saying he's garbage...  A+ elite level players are not healthy scratches.     He's a solid depth player pick up that is better then the two rookies we currently have.    

WTF kind of logic is this? lol. I'm honestly (almost) at a loss for words. lol. Sooo because...no other team...traded for him...he's not good enough to be worthy of a trade? I'm failing to understand your point there.

And you're right about A+ talent never being a healthy scratch. Like could you imagine if you had a QB on your roster that WAS at one time a League All star, so you trade for him...he gets healthy and instead of playing him you opt for MBT/Arbuckle lol. That would never ever happen! Not in the CFL.

It's clear that you just can't understand the nuances of the game enough I suppose. But those things matter, especially for skill players. Darby wasn't being put in a position to play as well as he did here (As has been stated, he hasn't been playing horrible this year by any measure and Hamiltons D is not a big concern at all..but keep going on about the worse team this and that I guess) just in the same way Collaros wasn't put in a position to play well in SSK/TO, or Taylor in EDM, or Hardrick in BC/SSK, etc etc.