2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You mean players might look different in different systems? With different supporting casts and playbooks? 

Take a look at who the Bombers have turned into All stars on their back end and where they came from. Just off the top of my head Jones and Maston were cast offs I believe, Taylor too...though I could be wrong about that one. The coaches know who fits in with their style and Darby is absolutely one of them. 

Just need our LBs to get healthy now...well mainly our WLB. Come on Wilson!!!

Taylor and Maston were cast offs....technically Darby was too as T.O sent him packing for a PR olineman whom they cut...

Just now, Booch said:

Taylor and Maston were cast offs....technically Darby was too as T.O sent him packing for a PR olineman whom they cut...

Maybe they weren't "all stars" by the leagues standard...but those guys along with Jones absolutely made the secondary better and were a big reason the 2019 defense was lights out in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

they going after him tho as the scheme we been running to try and help him is to have him play way off and keep it all in front....and was doing ok enough for us with Taylor in...but since he went out, and Holm took over its been a gapping hole and a huge issue....Holm if u watch the field is lost a lot....takes wrong guy...or realizes to late to impact the play in regards to breaking it up, or preventing significant gains...what you see via TV angles doesnt tell the whole story....Parker gets a lot of the hate which is a bit unjust

Even with the tv shots, last game alone you can see several instances of Holm spinning around in circles trying to figure who his man was...he's a rookie...playing with another rookie...what would you expect.

Yeah I'm not trying to blame one or the other, but the combo of 2 rookies is just painful. Unless they're Alford and Nichols it's too much to ask.

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

What we know for fact is that Darby played at an all star level for us last year. Not 5 years ago, last year

I don’t really give a fug about how he played in Hamilton. 

same.....and december was when he last played...and balled out...not even a full 10 months ago

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah I'm not trying to blame one or the other, but the combo of 2 rookies is just painful. Unless they're Alford and Nichols it's too much to ask.

yeah...that was a once in a generation...or one time you will ever see that again event

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I actually really like the potential in Holm. He did look lost out there at times...but man is he ever quick. And if he can ever figure this game out, he will be a very good player!

he needs to add a few more tools to that quick bit..as well as some lbs's...Dude is a waif and a stiff breeze would know him down.....and lotsa guys are quick....isnt the be all end all

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

On top or everything else good about Darby playing great here last year, he is basically plug and play.

He knows the defence, he knows the team. 

It is an immediate starter 

Love getting Darby back. That’s huge. 
 Kind of odd that we sent wilcotts when we are paper thin at dl as well. Maybe they have some one on the verge of signing 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Love getting Darby back. That’s huge. 
 Kind of odd that we sent wilcotts when we are paper thin at dl as well. Maybe they have some one on the verge of signing 

I don't think we're as thin as some suggest. We signed what 3 DE in the last few weeks? MOS said pregame that Cooper would be ready for a more prominent role next week. That kid from the criders knows the CFL. I'd be willing to Bet that Jeffcoat plays this week as well. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I love getting Darby back but this is pretty bad in terms of having to give up an asset at a spot we’re razor thin at just to get a guy that’s been on the practice roster pretty much all year.

I wonder how beat up Rutledge is.

We should be able to replace Wilcots fairly easily though.  TBH I’m not sure why Hamilton would have wanted him rather than a pick.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't think we're as thin as some suggest. We signed what 3 DE in the last few weeks? MOS said pregame that Cooper would be ready for a more prominent role next week. That kid from the criders knows the CFL. I'd be willing to Bet that Jeffcoat plays this week as well. 

They’ve been listing cooper at de but he’s 220 lbs and played lber in school. He’s also dressed for 3 games and not played a snap. I wouldn’t expect him to be taking meaningful reps at de. 
 Bronson is listing at 277 I’m guessing he’s going to be used similar to walker and sayles as well. 
 Adams is good but even with a healthy Wj and jj that’s thin for us. 

5 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Darb can start SAM, halfback, or corner. Dude is an unbelievably smart player. 

And safety. He can basically play any defensive position. If ba wasn’t healthy he’d be the guy to put at s. 
 I expect he will be taking a hb role. 

sure would be nice to get houston back this year.  Atleast one of the young dbs holm hassell and parker need to step up. And rose too. 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

and safety...was he not a cfl all-star there one yr?....he did play the spot tho...and very well

Yep 

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Apparently Ellingson IS active at practice...not sure how active but he's there doin....stuff

Had a listen to the coach's show on Spotify this morning from last night's episode. Osh mentioned that while he isn't expecting anyone new back this week, that there are "a number of players who are extremely close" or something to that effect.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I actually hope he doesn't, I want to see what these new DE's can bring before the end of the season,  Jeffcoat has nothing to prove and needs to recover fully before the playoffs begin.

Edited by Fatty Liver