2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I love getting Darby back but this is pretty bad in terms of having to give up an asset at a spot we’re razor thin at just to get a guy that’s been on the practice roster pretty much all year.

I wonder how beat up Rutledge is.

Wilcotts showed some promise but if Darby is the same guy as last year in our system this is a big win for us. This was move born of necessity as our secondary is razor thin too. I will breathe a little easier with Darby back.

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

I love getting Darby back but this is pretty bad in terms of having to give up an asset at a spot we’re razor thin at just to get a guy that’s been on the practice roster pretty much all year.

Hope it doesn't mean Rutledge is out long-term.  Best case scenario it means that Jeffcoat will be back soon and they like the new guy from the Riders.

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

yeh...hate to see Wilcotts go...and feel bad for him...but maybe they like the new dude they just signed, and Jeffcoat obviously they just want to get healthy, as I am certain he would have played if it was a playoff tilt...So with the Jeffs...one of the new guys and Adams maybe they feel thats all they need? Rutz I dont think is hurt bad...I thinkj I saw him maybe hurt a finger well before he went out...he played on defense, and then the last punt return play for us...and didnt get hurt and came off the field and looked just fine, and did not return, but was getting no assistance from trainers on side lines....I dont think it is anything keeping him out and maybe just a smart decision to rest and get others some reps

Darby tho is a big signing...and figured it was gonna happen...i thought last week, but he can solidify a spot at corner or halfback...even play safety and we know he plays SAM...we just need Houston back now and we may be looking just fine in the back end...and I sure he is pumped to be back and will elevate his game

7 minutes ago, Nolby said:

The bonus is he's likely on the cusp of plug in and play,wonder if he'd be on the depth chart for Saturday.

yeah he knows our defence....and he knows the CFL...he will be in lineup garuanteed to get his groove back here

Edited by Booch

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

MOS said Kramdi was in because of the package they were running. 

Did not mention anything about injury at all. 

I think Darby is playing DB 

I also liked Wilcots II

Gotta give to get I guess 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

MOS said Kramdi was in because of the package they were running. 

Did not mention anything about injury at all. 

I think Darby is playing DB 

I also liked Wilcots II

Gotta give to get I guess 

if he on a one yr deal....or gets PR'd over there to close out season a good chance he is back next yr...and also with Taylors injury/age and who knows when he could be back to game ready, a good chance Darby is here next yr as well...which isnt a bad thing

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I know it’s not the way we do things typically, but I sure would like to see Boom Massie get a shot in the lineup before Adams.

I agree....and we did insert those 2 other guys right away...so...we could see him on roster and reps given...when we created havoc...it was when we had 4 ends on roster...and at times all on field together

Just now, Booch said:

I agree....and we did insert those 2 other guys right away...so...we could see him on roster and reps given...when we created havoc...it was when we had 4 ends on roster...and at times all on field together

I just like the guy’s activity level. Not built at all the same way but with the active hands, the motor and the aggressiveness … reminds me of Willie a bit 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I just like the guy’s activity level. Not built at all the same way but with the active hands, the motor and the aggressiveness … reminds me of Willie a bit 

yeah he has a motor...and is aggressive...a shorter more powerfull Willie...would be a good compliment to the Jeffs

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

When I saw he was released I had a feeling we would be in on him. Hard to find guys who have played well in the past just kicking around this time of year 

I hoped we would be...and if true...Adding BA....and now Darby back...Possibly Lawrence if this is legit...our DB's just got a ****-ton better...like wayyyy better

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah he has a motor...and is aggressive...a shorter more powerfull Willie...would be a good compliment to the Jeffs

I hoped we would be...and if true...Adding BA....and now Darby back...Possibly Lawrence if this is legit...our DB's just got a ****-ton better...like wayyyy better

I don't think our DB's were so bad that adding 2 average players makes them way better.     It's a step up but this isn't like we recruited a couple of all stars that are game changers.