2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

22 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Sixth-round pick Sam Roberts has also popped with an explosive first step and good pad level. I also thought former CFL All-Star Drew Desjarlais held his own at guard in the first padded practice, and vet Ty Montgomery is trending towards roster lock.

I’ve been wondering… where have all the good people gone??

50 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Some brilliant poster a while back said touchdowns are better than  field goals. 

Does it really matter if teams get 60 yards and score a field goal when the Bombers can score multiple tds?

They give up yards, but prevent touchdowns and get timely turnovers. 

Considering how much the CFL game favours offense, this would seem to be a logical approach.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Some brilliant poster a while back said touchdowns are better than  field goals. 

Does it really matter if teams get 60 yards and score a field goal when the Bombers can score multiple tds?

I think this is called either opportunism or having a killer instinct.

I don't care what kind of yards we give up...to be honest....I care about how many points we give up...and how we seem to make the right adjustments at the half...and just squeeze life out of teams...I haven't looked...but I assume the bulk of these "yards" are compiled in quarters 1 to 2...and after that...it's minimal...as we take over games 

24 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I think this is called either opportunism or having a killer instinct.

Ever since Zach took over the offence, I’ve marvelled at his ability to break other teams with timely scores.  

Sometimes against the weak teams recently it’s maybe a combination of the grind and miscommunication where it seems like he gets greedy, but then you have him shooting the lights out in the big games of this season so far.

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

I don't care what kind of yards we give up...to be honest....I care about how many points we give up...and how we seem to make the right adjustments at the half...and just squeeze life out of teams...I haven't looked...but I assume the bulk of these "yards" are compiled in quarters 1 to 2...and after that...it's minimal...as we take over games 

No team makes better half time adjustments than us. If we're in the game at the half, I'm very confident we're gonna win. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

No team makes better half time adjustments than us. If we're in the game at the half, I'm very confident we're gonna win. 

Basically....if u dont jump us right outta the gate ...cash in on every or any error we make and get up by at least 14 by half ...I just can't see a team winning unless we really drop a deuce in 2nd half of game ..basically 2+yrs and running has shown this....like our record from end 2019 and on ..including playoffs is basically just wins...and that's pushing like what...30 games now?

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

Basically....if u dont jump us right outta the gate ...cash in on every or any error we make and get up by at least 14 by half ...I just can't see a team winning unless we really drop a deuce in 2nd half of game ..basically 2+yrs and running has shown this....like our record from end 2019 and on ..including playoffs is basically just wins...and that's pushing like what...30 games now?

25-2.....so 27 games. Extraordinary. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

It absolutely is.

Dave Naylor really trying hard to hate. 

#1 in points allowed and have played more games than anyone. 

I do agree with him that we still aren’t even playing our best and will be even better come playoff time. 

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Duane Forde will get all emotional & may actually crack a smile. He'll need to be sedated.

Now that you wrote this ..I can't remember if I have ever seen him smile? I just picture a blank face with the wandering eye.