2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

this be his last shot...I dont see him sticking there tho with what they have on the roster for QB's...I see a nice pro-rated end of yr and playoff run contract being signed here....as an all purpose guy...running...receiving..short yardage guy and stay in for a few plays...much like 2019...but better 

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

this be his last shot...I dont see him sticking there tho with what they have on the roster for QB's...I see a nice pro-rated end of yr and playoff run contract being signed here....as an all purpose guy...running...receiving..short yardage guy and stay in for a few plays...much like 2019...but better 

You read my mind

21 minutes ago, Bugsybombers said:

How do you know he will be better?  We've seen numerous players come back after trying out for NFL teams and they are not the same player they were before leaving. An example woud be the Bomber's Rose, who is not the same player he was his last year here

better in that 2 qb's are on field together now....so it will be better.....and He has improved since he was here....if you think he hasn't then not sure what to tell you....as for Rose...when he came back last yr and got a game under his belt was basically lights out....this yr the first 2...3 games of the yr was obviously still injured....and has been more than adequate the last few

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

better in that 2 qb's are on field together now....so it will be better.....and He has improved since he was here....if you think he hasn't then not sure what to tell you....as for Rose...when he came back last yr and got a game under his belt was basically lights out....this yr the first 2...3 games of the yr was obviously still injured....and has been more than adequate the last few

People seem to forget that Streveler was a very raw qb when he was here. Kicking around the NFL with presumably some of the best coaching available to him is not likely to make him a worse passer. 

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

People seem to forget that Streveler was a very raw qb when he was here. Kicking around the NFL with presumably some of the best coaching available to him is not likely to make him a worse passer. 

Yup...that and he had basically 2 yrs of full-time  QB experience when he first got here....u also don't hang around 3 yrs bouncing around down there if you haven't got some talent...or shown any improvement while bouncing around..he'd have been back already.

49 minutes ago, Bugsybombers said:

yea, ok   From an allstar status to " more than adequate". No, he has not changed  Lol

More than adequate equates to above average...hadn't hurt the team whatsoever since first game really...and must be doing something right as defense is more a 12 player success than on offence..this defence has given up 7 TDs all year and 16 points a game...if he has sucked as u claim he'd be getting lit up for TD's left right and center...and benched games ago...hmmm .. hasn't happened...so your theory is full of holes

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'll take Strev back ... 2 - 3 seasons from now once Zach retires.   Until then we can't afford him and I'd rather he be in the NFL then on any other CFL club. 

we definitely can afford him. They have Strev money tucked away. 

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'll take Strev back ... 2 - 3 seasons from now once Zach retires.   Until then we can't afford him and I'd rather he be in the NFL then on any other CFL club. 

TBH  - I'd like to see him get a full season + pension with the Jets this year and sign with us halfway through next year... Zack will be 35/36 next year... Give Strev a full season and a half as an active backup and maybe a transition year with ZC/Strev as an A/B qb combo.   Don't see ZC playing much past 38 tbh.

1 minute ago, BomberfanMKS said:

TBH  - I'd like to see him get a full season + pension with the Jets this year and sign with us halfway through next year... Zack will be 35/36 next year... Give Strev a full season and a half as an active backup and maybe a transition year with ZC/Strev as an A/B qb combo.   Don't see ZC playing much past 38 tbh.

Keep the hogs and he plays until he's 50!

3 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Collaros is 33. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He played one more game than schoen at a time when our wr core was struggling much more and with as many or more injuries. 

when McKnight first came on the roster demski was hurt adams was hurt and lawler was hurt. He played when all those guys were out or banged up and woli was banged up for part of it too. Bailey was struggling mightily with his hands and adams did too when he came back. 

we ran a bunch of screens and stuff called for McKnight. We don’t run a lot of plays designed for schoen. 

The difference is what schoen has done with his opportunity. Namely get open and catch every thing. He’s been able to stretch the field and do damage after the catch. 

I hope he manages to get into a game or two so he can qualify for the pension. 

Schoen has been wr #2 since the jump. The opportunities are not the same lol

27 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I'm just worried the Jets inept upper management will break Streveler.

They have been horrendous managing QBs the last decade or so.

What were the names of those two DL Joe Mack drafted in 2011 or 12 & for years posters here were telling us what team's practice roster they were with. Everytime one or both were cut we were excitedly informed... "THEY'RE COMING!!!!" Only they never did & after nearly 5 seasons they finally cycled thru every NFL practice roster they could  & were cut. They never had any intention to play for us. Streveler helped win us a Grey Cup but I don't think he'll every be back here again. 

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What were the names of those two DL Joe Mack drafted in 2011 or 12 & for years posters here were telling us what team's practice roster they were with. Everytime one or both were cut we were excitedly informed... "THEY'RE COMING!!!!" Only they never did & after nearly 5 seasons they finally cycled thru every NFL practice roster they could  & were cut. They never had any intention to play for us. Streveler helped win us a Grey Cup but I don't think he'll every be back here again. 

I’ll say Corey Mace was possibly one of those DL guys, that was ‘07 by wiki. Now he’s the Argos DC. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Mulumba and Bilikudi..or something like that

Yes, those are the 2 guys. Spent their entire careers on NFL practice rosters & never played a single game. And man, did we get updates. All the ******* time. They were by far, the 2 greatest players who never played. Ugh! So glad when they both retired.