2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

We're not talking about a repeat or a three-peat.....minimum 8 peat.......

SNL'-Inspired Chicago Bears Superfan Pop-Up Headed to Streeterville - Eater  Chicago

My buddies and I were talking pre-season about how we need at least a six-peat.

A five-peat puts us ahead of Edmonton's total, but a six-peat makes puts us ahead of the Warren Moon led dynasty of the 80's.

56 minutes ago, Jesse said:

My buddies and I were talking pre-season about how we need at least a six-peat.

A five-peat puts us ahead of Edmonton's total, but a six-peat makes puts us ahead of the Warren Moon led dynasty of the 80's.

Might as well go for 9 then and pass the Celtics. Why stop there let’s go for 16 and pass Joey Chestnut 🤣

5 hours ago, Rich said:

I know the $2M+ profit from last year was posted, don't recall the link to the financial statements being posted.   It is here if anyone wants to take a look.

Looks like we shouldn't make the playoffs this year as the Bombers lost $170k on the playoffs last year, if you look at the revenue and operating expense line items.  What's that all about?  I know that it's all buried in accounting but you'd have thought that having a home WF game would have been pretty lucrative no?  What am I missing here?

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Looks like we shouldn't make the playoffs this year as the Bombers lost $170k on the playoffs last year, if you look at the revenue and operating expense line items.  What's that all about?  I know that it's all buried in accounting but you'd have thought that having a home WF game would have been pretty lucrative no?  What am I missing here?

Club has foot the bill for the entire Grey Cup week. Your talking about hotels, food, transport and I am sure they are not cheap and help out getting accommodations for the players families.

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I wonder if it has to do with buying the playoff game and all the expenses related to it but the revenues ending up in another bucket?

Purchasing the game from the league has a cost of $100,000 plus assuming all expenses for the game, specifically both team's playoff shares and the visiting team's travel expenses (flights and hotel) as well as marketing costs. The host team's profit/loss is determined after all their expenses are paid against their ticket, concession and other ancillary revenue received from the game.

38 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You think buying all those rings is cheap?

Wade said on the radio yesterday "That's a big cheque to write but I'd be willing to sign another one this year." He probably got scolded by Osh for looking to far in the future but then Osh doesn't pay attention to media so how would be know...

1 hour ago, JCon said:

McKnight is back. 

Nothing personal and we are in a bind with injuries, but this guy has literally never shown anything for us.

Underwhelming. I’d rather have seen one of the other camp guys come back. 

Dude is the new Charles Nelson 

Edited by Geebrr