2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Not really news but a question of decision making...

2:02 left in the game. 3rd and goal from the Argo 5. We kick a field goal from the 5 yard line to take a 7 point lead. Argos take the ball on the 40 andgo down to score but fail to tie it. 

With 2:02 left, up by 4. Would you go for it on 3rd down, maybe a choose a safe play, and force Argos to drive down? Or, do you always take 3 in that scenario? 

Argos getting it at the 40 was really concerning. 

Take the 3 no questions asked. Even with a td from toronto and made convert you should still get OT. 

Edited by 17to85

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

interesting as it was called an injury and extended period, as opposed to a tear and done for yr....possibly back for playoff crunch time?

Wilson also didn't need to be carted off the field like other guys who suffered season ending Achilles tears (like Maston).  Maybe he's just a tough bastard and didn't want to go off like that but it stood out to me - I immediately thought Achilles after seeing him go down with no contact on the replay.

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Wilson also didn't need to be carted off the field like other guys who suffered season ending Achilles tears (like Maston).  Maybe he's just a tough bastard and didn't want to go off like that but it stood out to me - I immediately thought Achilles after seeing him go down with no contact on the replay.

as did I....also seeing him in sidelines...albeit on crutches was a somewhat positive sign...a season ender and he would not have been out there like that

I think our D will carry us BUT we need a receiver that can stretch the field.....I have never heard or seen for that matter, any report on Agudosi ...the tall drink of water....on his speed after catch ....He was hurt in tc and the reports were kind of vague on his game....Can he stretch the field ....does he have the elusiveness we're looking for???...Might be an interesting addition next game ???

Just now, Stickem said:

I think our D will carry us BUT we need a receiver that can stretch the field.....I have never heard or seen for that matter, any report on Agudosi ...the tall drink of water....on his speed after catch ....He was hurt in tc and the reports were kind of vague on his game....Can he stretch the field ....does he have the elusiveness we're looking for???...Might be an interesting addition next game ???

any receiver can stretch the field if you give him field stretching routes....a DB is gonna have to cover him, and a lot of time the safety will trend that way too....Agudosi has good hands from all accounts, and same with reports on him in his NFL camps...not a burner but again...dont have to be, and being 6'-6" with hands and athleticism down the field...is gonna garner attention and looks, and will open up areas on the field...must be something about him we like as we kept him all year...and brought him back, and then brought him back again now after he must be healed up

10 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Watson was given the heave-ho for something he said to someone on the Als. staff...apparently....Not a performance issue BUT would he pass the sniff test here

Yeah the team would have to see if he could be a fit or not. That being said, any guy we bring in will probably be out of work for one reason or another. 

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

they're gonna run in house bodies as long as possible. Only thing they'd bring in is a back-up to Clements. Osh will always give in-house guys the first shot at it. 

Yeah I figured he would probably do that first. Probably wouldn't cost to much to get a guy now  though in case one of the in house guys isn't getting it done. Or maybe we look at nfl cuts if we are still struggling. 

Awe would be a good fit...he is a good character guy and far from dirty...he's a hard hitter and a few times early in his career had the odd hard helmet to helmet hit, or shoulder to head....but that was when it just started to become an UR penalty...the last few yrs he's cleaned that right up.....so farrrrr from a dirty guy ...he's a play to the whistle guy...and plays hard and always runs to the ball....just what we look for

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

Awe would be a good fit...he is a good character guy and far from dirty...he's a hard hitter and a few times early in his career had the odd hard helmet to helmet hit, or shoulder to head....but that was when it just started to become an UR penalty...the last few yrs he's cleaned that right up.....so farrrrr from a dirty guy ...he's a play to the whistle guy...and plays hard and always runs to the ball....just what we look for

👍 

Guess I'm stuck in 2017...

https://theprovince.com/sports/football/lions-awe-hit-in-wallet-by-cfl-after-dishing-out-head-hits-in-calgary

18 hours ago, Booch said:

And considering he posted a video bragging on SM with a hit that was clearly crown to ear hole...I'm not sure I'm buying what you're selling.

Edited by Bigblue204
thinking of another player

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He hasn't really played all that much in the last few years...soooo as far as "cleaned that right up"...jury is still out imo. And considering he posted a video bragging on SM with a hit that was clearly crown to ear hole...I'm not sure I'm buying what you're selling.

Played full year last yr...no fines or "dirtyness" as well as 10 games in 2019, as he was hurt for a bit.....so buy what u want....has played basically just as much as everyone else

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He hasn't really played all that much in the last few years...soooo as far as "cleaned that right up"...jury is still out imo. And considering he posted a video bragging on SM with a hit that was clearly crown to ear hole...I'm not sure I'm buying what you're selling.

He's played plenty over the last few seasons.  Since that article was written, he's played roughly the same amount of games Kyrie Wilson has (34 for Wilson & 32 for Awe).  Other than 2017, which was his rookie season, I don't believe he has been fined by the league.

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

25 games going back to the 2019 season and a career season with the RedBlacks seems like a fair bit of playing time, IMO.

I must of had a stroke, I could have sworn he was on the Bombers in 2019 and didn't really play...? Who am I thinking of? 

Ohhhhh we did sign him in 2020 though... yeah my bad

Edited by Bigblue204

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I must of had a stroke, I could have sworn he was on the Bombers in 2019 and didn't really play...? Who am I thinking of? 

Your guess is as good as mine. He was with the Argos in 2019 and the Bombers signed him as a FA in 2020 but that season was cancelled and he was released prior to the 2021 season. 

On 2022-06-22 at 11:58 AM, Stickem said:

I want to see Brandon Alexander back.....I'm sure he must be around the corner....Hansen in the line-up will also give the opposition an uneasy feeling and a few players will have their heads on a swivel...That's missing from our game right now.....nobody dealing out those punishing hits....That's gotta change

We miss his coverage help, as well.....