2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

38 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Hall has always run a bend don't break defense. Keep everything in front of you and don't get beat deep. It worked extremely well last year due to the crazy amount of QB pressure our front 4 generated and the talent we had in the secondary/LB. Alfred was dominant, missing him this year has been huge.

What we see is very much the defense prior to last year. Until jeffcoat came back any way. With him back it’s already better now. The dl will adapt to no nose. And eventually ba will be healthy. At that point our defense will be excellent. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Sad but not at all surprising. 

the usfl announced its year end awards before their play offs today.  Riley wins coach of the year and he got two player position wins too. 

I haven’t followed the usfl. But I wonder how much of its talent will end up being air lifts for the cfl rather than the nfl. I feel like teams aren’t sending out a lot more tc invites at this point. I’m sure a couple guys will get looks but the cfl might be the real beneficiary. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Sad but not at all surprising. 

the usfl announced its year end awards before their play offs today.  Riley wins coach of the year and he got two player position wins too. 

I haven’t followed the usfl. But I wonder how much of its talent will end up being air lifts for the cfl rather than the nfl. I feel like teams aren’t sending out a lot more tc invites at this point. I’m sure a couple guys will get looks but the cfl might be the real beneficiary. 

They can't sign with the CFL. All players were locked into two year deals (this being the first year), unless it's an NFL opportunity. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

They can't sign with the CFL. All players were locked into two year deals (this being the first year), unless it's an NFL opportunity. 

Sort of. Every player who signs a contract agrees to a team option for year two with the limited windows. However the league had to tell which players they opted in on in April. It also triggers a guaranteed health care kicker for all of 2023. 
 More importantly the nfl has required that any player it brings in have their contract with the usfl fully terminated. Even just for a try out. Basically all the top players that get try outs will be free of the year two option. 

finally for me I’d challenge the contract if I was the cfl. 1 the cfl has no contract with the usfl and Is not under any obligation to go by the usfl contract. They could sign a guy mid season and the usfl couldn’t stop it. They could sue but none competes up here very seldom win in court and down south well you’d be a lot harder pressed to get a court to uphold your right to limit a persons right to work in their field out side of the country no less. I think the usfl contract would be thrown out quick fast and in a hurry. But really the cost of that action would rule it out probably and it wouldn’t be needed. Any player the cfl would consider will be released and worked out in the nfl then be an urfa. 

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I hate stats like these without context. What is the league average record when holding opponents under 20?

I’m betting the record would be between .600 and .700 for avg. you got to win a lot in the cfl when you give up less than 20. 
 It’d be more interesting if we saw how many games with less than 20 points allowed vs wins in that season. 

7 hours ago, Booch said:

we should sign Awe and slap him at safety till BA is back....dude can lay the lumber and is athletic enough

Terry ray 2.0

honestly a warm corpse would provide more at S. any imp would provide more. Put kyrie or biggie at S and start clements at wil or mac. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not really news but a question of decision making...

2:02 left in the game. 3rd and goal from the Argo 5. We kick a field goal from the 5 yard line to take a 7 point lead. Argos take the ball on the 40 andgo down to score but fail to tie it. 

With 2:02 left, up by 4. Would you go for it on 3rd down, maybe a choose a safe play, and force Argos to drive down? Or, do you always take 3 in that scenario? 

Argos getting it at the 40 was really concerning. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Resurrecting the proper thread for 2022 Champs news with some unfortunate news: 

interesting as it was called an injury and extended period, as opposed to a tear and done for yr....possibly back for playoff crunch time?

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

2:02 left in the game. 3rd and goal from the Argo 5. We kick a field goal from the 5 yard line to take a 7 point lead. Argos take the ball on the 40 andgo down to score but fail to tie it. 

With 2:02 left, up by 4. Would you go for it on 3rd down, maybe a choose a safe play, and force Argos to drive down? Or, do you always take 3 in that scenario? 

Take the 3 if I am the one making the call. Last three minutes its a kickoff after field goals made.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I agree with taking the 3.