2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

On 2022-06-18 at 11:49 AM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Being a two-time defending champion does allow for some calm perspective and peace of mind during the turbulence that other teams can’t afford. 

This is so true... the general sentiment around here is "these guys know how to get it done when it matters" and because of that, we're all pretty calm... if we were sitting on a GC drought... I can only imagine how critical everyone would be about two sloppy wins

2022 CFL Hall of Fame inductees announced a few moments ago:

Dave Ritchie (Builder)

**** Thornton

Keith Evans (Builder)

Roy Shivers (Builder)

Ricky Ray

Paul McCallum

Chip Cox

Tim Tindale

Glen Suitor (Media)

Ed Willes (Media)

IMO - The league should be embarrassed it took this long to get Papa Dave/Dave the Bear into the Hall. Absolute legend in every sense of the word. Chip Cox is a meh for me. Solid player in his time. Worthy of being mentioned among the all-time greats? Hardly.

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Elks cut Shai Ross....do we see him here for depth???.....think that should be a no brainer no?

Winnipeg boy...would make a lot of sense. 

Re: HOF..... my first thought was "We're getting to the era of Hall of Famers who raped and pillaged the Bombers for years..." But really nice to see Papa Dave and Tricky **** Thornton finally get recognized. Suitor is LOL just because of everyone bitching lately...

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

Jones being Jones.....he'd be a valuable depth guy for sure....I bet would do well in our system too

Probably mouthed off to Jones after he told him to play DB so he got cut.

100% he's going to get picked up by another team... I remember him playing reasonably well for his first season, just making a couple rookie mistakes.

Edited by BomberfanMKS

9 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Probably mouthed off to Jones after he told him to play DB so he got cut.

100% he's going to get picked up by another team... I remember him playing reasonably well for his first season, just making a couple rookie mistakes.

he has some speed and quickness and definitely has to be accounted for out there...had 370 yards and 4 td's in that crap show in Edm last year...I'd pick him up 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Thorton and Ritchie are overdue. Meh on Chip Cox and should not be a first ballot guy. Suitor should only get into a Hall of Fame if he pays admission.

Glad the old coach is getting in finally. 

chip cox and suitor as an announcer? Really? Pathetic. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Elks cut Shai Ross....do we see him here for depth???.....think that should be a no brainer no?

Should be a slam dunk imo. 

26 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Chris Jones is a moron.  I think it's that simple there lol 

pretty much this...Jones is an idiot....he let Markese Jackson go too in lieu of it looks like Charles Nelson.....so dumb...I'd take Jackson on the PR too as depth behind Grant...he also is useable on offence in certain sets

13 minutes ago, Mark F said:

thought I noticed that. 

yeah.....I mentioned that as well....very vanilla and passive across the board on both sides of the ball...must be a reason...cagey coordinators haha