2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Looks like they’re going to debut their new colour rush alternative jersey August the 11th against Montreal. Curious to see how those things look in the field. 

They definitely look better in person. That royal blue is just gorgeous. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the new jerseys are hideous. Saw a couple people wearing them last week and it was just God awful. Not as bad as the blue camo, but it's darn close...

Were they younger? Cuz sometimes things that don't appeal to the old guard appeals to the younger generation 

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the new jerseys are hideous. Saw a couple people wearing them last week and it was just God awful. Not as bad as the blue camo, but it's darn close...

It's not even close to those, nothing will ever be nearly as bad as the camo jerseys. I don't like the new jerseys on fans either, but I liked them as uniforms for the players. 

41 minutes ago, Noeller said:

nothing in the history or future of the Bombers will ever be as bad as those camo jerseys... I don't love the new ones but they are nowhere near as bad as the camo

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Those camo jerseys just reflected the **** show we were on and off the field then. These ones will probably look slick on the players and TV. Would I buy? No. The camo jerseys looked worse on TV 

The Winnipeg Argonauts

I personally do not like the W up front or the solid colour (matching pants/top).

Also the pics make the uni's look like a spandex unitard (too tight).

Just not a fan. 

45 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think as just a jersey fans will wear as a top they are not great. The big W just makes it look like an overly long t-shirt. As part of the overall uniform including helmet, pants and socks it works a bit better. So it won’t necessarily work as a money-maker. 

25 minutes ago, bearpants said:

nothing in the history or future of the Bombers will ever be as bad as those camo jerseys... I don't love the new ones but they are nowhere near as bad as the camo

The camo was a mess, although we are undefeated in them (1-0 all-time!). Another low point was the gold tops with gold pants combo, although not as nausea-inducing looking back now as when I first saw it live in 2013. 
20131024_17036027.jpg

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The camo was a mess, although we are undefeated in them (1-0 all-time!). Another low point was the gold tops with gold pants combo, although not as nausea-inducing looking back now as when I first saw it live in 2013. 
20131024_17036027.jpg

Are you sure we only ever wore them once? I was at that game so I remember it pretty well. I thought we wore them once or twice more that season then retired them for the current jersey we wear today. 

The new alternate has dual stripes on the shoulders with two purposes, they flatter a fit individual, and they represent back to back championships. The visual broadening of the shoulders accents the upper “V” of a masculine physique from behind. Notably becoming to females. The “Royal Blue” is consistent with fans all time favourite, and blends beautifully in the stands. Mrs. Black’s sister was particularly delighted to report her reaction equated to the first time she witnessed a shorn scrotum, currently her favourite. Both of which may not be for everyone but certainly remarkable and possibly a popular, lucrative, spin on a classic colour. I suspect brother Wade had influence in the design.

Edited by Rod Black

2 hours ago, Rod Black said:

The new alternate has dual stripes on the shoulders with two purposes, they flatter a fit individual, and they represent back to back championships. The visual broadening of the shoulders accents the upper “V” of a masculine physique from behind. Notably becoming to females. The “Royal Blue” is consistent with fans all time favourite, and blends beautifully in the stands. Mrs. Black’s sister was particularly delighted to report her reaction equated to the first time she witnessed a shorn scrotum, currently her favourite. Both of which may not be for everyone but certainly remarkable and possibly a popular, lucrative, spin on a classic colour. I suspect brother Wade had influence in the design.

AdmirableAgonizingAsiaticmouflon-size_re

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I liked the gold jerseys from the mid-2000s and the 2012-13 ones as well.  We just have basically no good memories with them.

Some jerseys look really good on the players as part of a full uniform, but are dull when just the top is worn by the fans (the San Francisco 49ers are a good example) while others can be nice as just a fan jersey top but make the overall uniform just look bad. Those gold jerseys were an example of that to me. But then I have always preferred a white jersey to a yellow one. 

14 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I liked the gold jerseys from the mid-2000s and the 2012-13 ones as well.  We just have basically no good memories with them.

I didn't think anyone agreed with me, but I do too.

I thought the players looked great in them. I bought a gold Cory Watson jersey. That didn't last long, but looks good in the closet.