Week 2 - Champs at Ottawa lead up

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

More than inconsistent reffing.

I dont think the league cares enough about concussions. 

League Seems to be more interested going four down, fiddling around with hashmarks and ratios, than taking care of player's brains.

But the players union plays a part too. Dont appeal fines and suspensions for head hits.

too many "old school" guys might have had numerous concussions and yet think they are fine, and its part of the game. B.S.
 Why didnt O shea pull collaros after that hit?

The cfl is great but some things are handled badly.

Until a solution can be found that doesn’t hold them responsible, they will continue to try and ignore this serious health risk. It could cost them, and any sports league, a massive pile of cash if they were to acknowledge any liability. 

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

good luck. That's mostly just instinct. And it could you ever imagine any legit QB sliding in the GC if the game was on the line? 

Also think he would have likely got clocked by the same two guys sliding feet first.  They didn’t change course when he hit the turf with contact and he would have taken contact helmet to face mask.

Only difference would have been a penalty…maybe.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Don't like Thompson at safety.

Once again how is it Thompsons fault that Rose would trip up and give his guy that he was covering a very large completion?  Watch the replay it was purely on Rose for blowing coverage.   

43 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Once again how is it Thompsons fault that Rose would trip up and give his guy that he was covering a very large completion?  Watch the replay it was purely on Rose for blowing coverage.   

Did I blame Rose's poor performance on Thompson?

Rose was awful. I also didn't think Thompson played well.

49 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Is it roses fault that Thompson makes terrible decisions In cover, has no speed and sells out to try and make hits? 

honestly, I don't think any of us is savvy enough to understand all the responsibilities on the field and know who was covering up for whose mistake. This is one of those things where I'd like to be able to sit and watch game film with coaches and players to fully understand what happened out there. It's easy for a fan to watch it on TV or at the stadium and think they know what's going on, but really, we have no ******* clue. 

48 minutes ago, Noeller said:

honestly, I don't think any of us is savvy enough to understand all the responsibilities on the field and know who was covering up for whose mistake. This is one of those things where I'd like to be able to sit and watch game film with coaches and players to fully understand what happened out there. It's easy for a fan to watch it on TV or at the stadium and think they know what's going on, but really, we have no ******* clue. 

Especially in Hall’s scheme where each DB (including any LBs who aren’t blitzing) has route coverage responsibilities.  

If you’re assuming “safety” means a guy just staying on top of one side of the field covering a deep half or covering the middle third none of what you’re watching in this D will make sense. 

Who the “safety” is in that over the top coverage sense changes based on the alignment and routes run by the opposing offense.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Especially in Hall’s scheme where each DB (including any LBs who aren’t blitzing) has route coverage responsibilities.  

If you’re assuming “safety” means a guy just staying on top of one side of the field covering a deep half or covering the middle third none of what you’re watching in this D will make sense. 

Who the “safety” is in that over the top coverage sense changes based on the alignment and routes run by the opposing offense.

I also think the coach's know that Thompson's strong suit isn't his coverage, so he's probably not deep for a reason. Whereas Rose probably shouldn't have have been playing as aggresive as he was.