Week 2 - Champs at Ottawa lead up

30 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Are they just stashing Dakota on the 6 game or was it a legit injury?

Maybe banged up. I think he’s fallen out of favour but is still a vet and they like his make up. Get his money off the cap get mancuso a look as third string and holder. If he’s worse bring Dakota off. If he’s better and we don’t need the insurance policy cut him after his salary comes off the cap. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

EXACTLY....And his PI call where he got the interception too was pretty weak call...he was just fine in his first game with a new group.....and the fact he is a league veteran who knows most of the players, and seen most of the schemes/routes etc....will basically eliminate any rookie errors that a new guy would make, and allow him to play fast and not have to think of things...will be mostly instinctive and reactive....which is huge

I actually thought the PI call was pretty legit.  If you watch the replay he's chasing the guy, grabs his waist to slow him down and then pushes by to get the INT.

26 minutes ago, Sard said:

I actually thought the PI call was pretty legit.  If you watch the replay he's chasing the guy, grabs his waist to slow him down and then pushes by to get the INT.

yeah...could have went either way i think....was a poorer short throw and wasnt reason for the INT

34 minutes ago, Sard said:

At the same time you can’t give a defensive pi for a wr trying to run through a db. 

14 hours ago, Booch said:

EXACTLY....And his PI call where he got the interception too was pretty weak call...he was just fine in his first game with a new group.....and the fact he is a league veteran who knows most of the players, and seen most of the schemes/routes etc....will basically eliminate any rookie errors that a new guy would make, and allow him to play fast and not have to think of things...will be mostly instinctive and reactive....which is huge

Sorry booch, that was not a weak call at all. Glass straight up grabbed the rec with both hands around the waist after he got burnt on a double move. Glass was even laughing about it after the play cause he knew.

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

At the same time you can’t give a defensive pi for a wr trying to run through a db. 

He didn't. It was double move that glass jumped, then grabbed the rec hips. It wasn't a call that could go both ways either. It was literally the definition of PI.

Quote from Collaros in the freep:

"Collaros was asked if he thought the hit should’ve been a penalty. By definition, a blow to the head should be flagged for unnecessary roughness.

"It’s the CFL. It’s kind of what this league is about. I haven’t seen the replay on TSN, but again, that’s kind of what this league is," Collaros said"

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/collaros-cleared-after-knock-to-noggin-576593092.html

What do we think he meant by, "that's what this league is about"?

Head shots, lack of penalities, throwing your body for the 1st down?

Edited by Jesse

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

"Collaros was asked if he thought the hit should’ve been a penalty. By definition, a blow to the head should be flagged for unnecessary roughness.

"It’s the CFL. It’s kind of what this league is about. I haven’t seen the replay on TSN, but again, that’s kind of what this league is," Collaros said"

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/collaros-cleared-after-knock-to-noggin-576593092.html

Inconsistent officiating.

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Probably it’s inconsistency on player safety, and discipline when you allow guys like Lawrence to go around injuring people every year without much repercussions.

More than inconsistent reffing.

I dont think the league cares enough about concussions. 

League Seems to be more interested going four down, fiddling around with hashmarks and ratios, than taking care of player's brains.

But the players union plays a part too. Dont appeal fines and suspensions for head hits.

too many "old school" guys might have had numerous concussions and yet think they are fine, and its part of the game. B.S.
 Why didnt O shea pull collaros after that hit?

The cfl is great but some things are handled badly.

Edited by Mark F

45 minutes ago, Mark F said:

More than inconsistent reffing.

I dont think the league cares enough about concussions. 

League Seems to be more interested going four down, fiddling around with hashmarks and ratios, than taking care of player's brains.

But the players union plays a part too. Dont appeal fines and suspensions for head hits.

too many "old school" guys might have had numerous concussions and yet think they are fine, and its part of the game. B.S.
 Why didnt O shea pull collaros after that hit?

The cfl is great but some things are handled badly.

Prob cuz collaros didn't have a concussion.  It's not like he was Fajardo grabbing his head and rolling around like he was shot dead 

19 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Prob cuz collaros didn't have a concussion.  It's not like he was Fajardo grabbing his head and rolling around like he was shot dead 

tha Faj does that alot.....overly dramatic on the filed often...not to mention crying and whining in the media, and aout social media and criticism...dude is weak and frail and not a guy to lead you anywhere through tough times and adversity....couple that with his marginal talent and you have no Grey Cups anytime soon

1 hour ago, Booch said:

tha Faj does that alot.....overly dramatic on the filed often...not to mention crying and whining in the media, and aout social media and criticism...dude is weak and frail and not a guy to lead you anywhere through tough times and adversity....couple that with his marginal talent and you have no Grey Cups anytime soon

I could go with that except the reputation of the **** that delivered the hit.....That guy intentionally trys to take guys out

He was also tweeting about how fans couldn't possibly understand and that he's basically a perennial all-star etc etc so he sees things different...which is all fine and good. But it's weird he pretends like there are no defensive players who are consistently better than him without this hanging over their heads (#4 for the back to back Champs immediately comes to mind).

33 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He was also tweeting about how fans couldn't possibly understand and that he's basically a perennial all-star etc etc so he sees things different...which is all fine and good. But it's weird he pretends like there are no defensive players who are consistently better than him without this hanging over their heads (#4 for the back to back Champs immediately comes to mind).

I'll take #19 (plays the same position) from the back-to-back champs any day over that dirtbag.

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'll take #19 (plays the same position) from the back-to-back champs any day over that dirtbag.

I wonder if he isn't due for a big season.

He looked like he was on his way in 2019, had the year off in '20 and then wasn't super impactful in '21.

This may be his year.

I know Zac is an ultra competitive guy,but it needs to be drilled in him under no circumstances(zilch) do you dive head first again! Even in the playoffs or Grey Cup! It is just not worth the risk.

Edited by bb1

1 minute ago, bb1 said:

I know Zac is an ultra competitive guy,but it needs to be drilled in him under no circumstances(zilch) do you dive head first again! Even in the playoffs or Grey Cup!

good luck. That's mostly just instinct. And it could you ever imagine any legit QB sliding in the GC if the game was on the line? 

30 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I wonder if he isn't due for a big season.

He looked like he was on his way in 2019, had the year off in '20 and then wasn't super impactful in '21.

This may be his year.

Getting hurt in TC last year didn't help (he only played seven regular season games). However, he had a solid performance in the Grey Cup and his tip to Rose for the game-ending INT was a thing of beauty.

He and Bighill work very, very well together.

Edited by blue_gold_84